Quick question about the original Lavatube.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quick question about the original Lavatube.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Default Quick question about the original Lavatube.

I own the original LT. The one that Volcanoe started selling when they first hit the market. But I got mine from Vaporus.

Anyways, this thing works well and I'm still using it now. It's black with no logos. And it's even lasted longer than my other SS LT that I got from Apollo. The center pin on that one broke.

My question is: What is the amp limit on the original LT? I think it's the 1.5 version. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

I also have the new OLED Sigelei ZMAX clone. But I don't even use it. Because the Sigelei has a low ohm limit. I use an RBA and build 1.0 Ohm coils. And the original LT lets it work. Unlike the ZMAX clone.

On my LT I can use low ohm coils and use less battery power. And I have another mod coming so I was wondering what the LT amp limit was. Thanks.
    User Friendly, Vaping Dope Star Obscene!

ECF Veteran

Really?

24 hours and 73 views and no one can answer my question. Maybe no one knows the real answer.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

you could always email the merchant you bought it from instead of lashing out

here's the problem..... just for ....s and giggles google search lavatube version 1.5, and see the 400 different merchants calling theirs v1.5 v2.0 v2.1 v3.0 v4.0 v289579328.8 and they are all different so nobody really knows which one you have

welcome to the world of owning a lavatube, 27000 varieties that are all slightly unique in their own way

Super Member ECF Veteran SlimXero's Avatar

I have a v1 and I couldn't honestly tell you. I've never had it not fire on a good device, regardless of ohm rating or voltage setting.
    Vamo V3/Chinese Dripper/FlavorZ by Joe Pink Lemonade - SVD/iClear 30/E-Liquid Gold Dragon's Blood - Chi-You #3901/Kayfun Lite/Space Jam's Starship 1

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sad Society View Post
    I own the original LT. The one that Volcanoe started selling when they first hit the market. But I got mine from Vaporus.

Anyways, this thing works well and I'm still using it now. It's black with no logos. And it's even lasted longer than my other SS LT that I got from Apollo. The center pin on that one broke.

My question is: What is the amp limit on the original LT? I think it's the 1.5 version. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

I also have the new OLED Sigelei ZMAX clone. But I don't even use it. Because the Sigelei has a low ohm limit. I use an RBA and build 1.0 Ohm coils. And the original LT lets it work. Unlike the ZMAX clone.

On my LT I can use low ohm coils and use less battery power. And I have another mod coming so I was wondering what the LT amp limit was. Thanks.
    The LT V1 from Volcano has a 2.5 amp limit.

ECF Moderator Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    Registered Reviewer/Blogger
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by SoberSnyper View Post
    This ^

You'll find yourself consistently hitting this limit, as well.
    "Quitting smoking after you get cancer is like putting on a seatbelt after a head-on collision."

Full Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member

I could not answer your question as the one I bought for hubby had issues with the button constantly sticking and it found its way to file 13 ;(

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by SoberSnyper View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    This ^

You'll find yourself consistently hitting this limit, as well.

Thank You very much guys. Yes I do hit that limit. When the battery reads around the 1.6-1.7 range the vapor really drops down. Even on a low ohm single coil. And the batteries I use are the 18650 Panny's.

No worries though. I have my Sigmax and an Evic.

Quote Originally Posted by Sad Society View Post

Anyways, this thing works well and I'm still using it now. It's black with no logos. And it's even lasted longer than my other SS LT that I got from Apollo. The center pin on that one broke.SNIP2SAVE--.

http://www.vaporbeast.com/product-p/sk35.htm

Go here and research this bad boy, I wouldn't subscribe to the 5 amps before googeling the model and finding a revue that proves the stat honest. The site too. Seriously, 5 amps is going to create a lot of Integrated Circuit board heat and that can mean a short lifespan. As for the Lava Tube it's either 2.2 amps or close to 3.
    The ones that claims 3 amps rarely hit that but land around 2.8 or 2.9 I have seen those reviews in youtube. Search youtube for this Vmax model and see if you land a good tech review on it.
    "If it sounds to good to be true..." radar is in full tilt with this one.

To run a 5 amp unit at 3 amps constant will not strain the system. Running a 3 amp lava tube at 3 amps consistent will give it an early demise. No body likes cruzin down the road with the pedal to the floor just to stay at the speed limit. You want “Wiggle” room if you want your vaporer to last.
    Hopefully I can find a good revue on this posted link because I am one of those dudes that like to look at a blown radiator hose every time I exhale. 2.5 amps will not run my dual coil and dual wick genisus clones. They are FOG machines. :-)

ECF Veteran

They said it had a 2.5 amp limit but I think the actual number was 2.33 amps.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast