Interesting discovery
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By rcpcdude

Thread: Interesting discovery

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Default Interesting discovery

So I sold my Young June Lavatube 2.0 with the little pushpin to a friend on saturday and he called me today saying it was reading LO and shutting off. Well what happened is he cranked down the nova i gave him and it split the rubber gasket causing the center post to no longer be grounded and it was shorting against the wall where it passes through. So after some dissasembly and trying for a bit to find something that could replace the gasket that had a lip for the pin plate to sit on top of and that would not fall out.... after closer inspection I realized I had an EXACT fit piece. Its the VERY SAME rubber grommet used in a vivi nova head. Found a picture from a rebuild thread I will repost on here.

Its the tan grommet piece shown here:

that being said if your insulator grommet is squished from overtightening and you are getting the LO error, all you need is 3 things:

1. a pliers with a towel to get the top cap off
    2. a sottering iron to remove and reinstall the positive wire to the board
    3. a dead vivi nova head to scavange the grommet from
    juicefreak, p_dude and cowboy6591 like this.

I think this is the exact problem I'm having with mine. I just ordered a Zmax thinking I was just SOL. I'll have to give this a shot, thanks for the tip!

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

was it a YJ or an Lrider? i have a young june but the push pin is on the LRider i think? Great info if mine ever breaks. appreciate it!
    I'm a chick ;-)

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Lambo is the one i was thinking of that has the push pin top. has red buttons for the ohms/voltage also.
    I'm a chick ;-)

Registered Supplier ECF Veteran LeftCoastVaper's Avatar

Here's another tip: once you've repaired and re-soldered, glue the top to the tube so it will never again separate. That's what kills a lot of the flat-top LTs. You can still remove the brass center insert if you need to replace the grommet again.

Senior Member Verified Member

Quote Originally Posted by rcpcdude View Post
    So I sold my Young June Lavatube 2.0 with the little pushpin to a friend on saturday and he called me today saying it was reading LO and shutting off. ---SNIP2SAVE--
    Love posts like this, [DIY] Do it Yourself info posts rock!!!