URGENT - NYS Outright Sales Ban On the AGENDA Again - Page 17
Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: URGENT - NYS Outright Sales Ban On the AGENDA Again

Senior Member ECF Veteran

It's hard not to see how this is yet more evidence that 'quit or die' MUST now be extended to include 'switch'. (I rambled about this on VP Live the other night.) The point is, I agree with Yolanda that there is a place for NRT products. I mean, I don't want to use them, but clearly there are some who do, and it ought to be about freedom of choice, IMHO.

We just all need to keep doing what we're doing, and keep the pressure on until we get some common sense... and an acknowledgement of our human rights!

Cheers,

Katherine

PIF Moderator Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I'm pretty sure it's not real until it's fully passed. Full Assembly vote, plus Senate has to take up their bill, then any reconciliation,... One committee doesn't make a law.
    Pay It Forward Learn to laugh at yourself -- why let everyone else have all the fun :)
    http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/diy-e-liquid/

Ultra Member Vaping Advocate
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by shanewarne View Post
    Sad news. Bill passed. Ban till FDA rules on health issues. Does this mean we can't vape in NY? Does anyone question if we are found vaping? Does this mean we cant order online to get the liquids and e-cigs shipped to NY?
    Any idea if a Republican offered an amendment to the bill to only ban the product to youths?

Full Member ECF Veteran shanewarne's Avatar

I just called the forum member who attended. he told me that the bill has just passed and that only 3 were against the ban. I am not sure of the amendments though.

Super Member ECF Veteran

we need to start hammering the media to do research and provide more coverage on this topic.

The FDA, with all of its clout, has used the media to spread lies, we can use the media to spread the truths, but we have TO ASK!

PIF Moderator Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Need to push on the full Assembly, then onto the parallel committee in the Senate, whenever they're scheduled to take up their version.
    Pay It Forward Learn to laugh at yourself -- why let everyone else have all the fun :)
    http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/diy-e-liquid/

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Shane, even if the committee favorably reported on this bill - the bill did NOT "pass". As my original post in this very thread explained (and markfm above too), a favorable vote in this committee is only the first step. The bill now must go to the Assembly floor for a vote by the full Assembly. This happened last year, and it passed in the Assembly.

That means we now should begin to contact all the other Assembly members!

But even more importantly, as I also said in the OP, it was never very likely we were going to defeat this bill in the Assembly Committee, or even in the Assembly itself. However, the bill will not become law even if passed by the full Assembly.

The next really big push for our efforts must now be to contact the members of the Senate Health Committee, and to try to stop it there. The bill has to also be voted favorably out of that committee, before it can get to the Senate floor for a vote. Our best chance of killing this bill has always been in the Senate Health Committee.

Thus, CASAA will now be changing our Call to Action page for NY, and asking people to contact Assembly persons in general, but most importantly, to target the Senate Health Committee members.

In case anyone's wondering WHY I still have the SD as my sig, it's because I got my first ecig in January 2008 but still smoked for 10 months, until I got my first SD. I have other APVs, but also still love and use my SD (with a Bulli on top). I will be forever grateful to Trog for saving my life!

Ultra Member Vaping Advocate
    ECF Veteran

I talked to n2xe. Apparently bill sponsor Ms. Rosenthal was speaking to media and spouting her mistruths about carcinogens and anti-freeze, and he blurted out, "Yeah, in parts per billion." Several outlets then interviewed him, and one of the quotes he gave them was that Ms. Rosenthal was essentially handing him a death sentence and sending him back to tobacco by supporting this bill.

So when will the next ruling be?

Super Member ECF Veteran

Did he bother handing the media the REAL STUDY RESULTS?? or the published article by Michael Siegel and Zachary Cahn?

Again we fall under the nobody knows who you are or what YOU'RE spouting without any evidence, in the face of an Assembly member who is known and (maybe falsely) trusted who doesnt seem to have to prove anything.. just speak it.

Again I say, let us ALL start inundating the media with the FACTS and the materials and request more coverage on this topic until the FDA and Ms. Rosenthal are forced to recant their untruths and admit their lack of information and understanding. The more people around the country and especially in NY contact the media, the more it will come in front of the general public and we can then get a leg up on the media blitz that is currently against our cause.

I have contacted Channel 6 - Albany and am receiving some positive feedback and encouragement to continue contacting the media requesting coverage.

Every news source seems to have one or two "go-to" people who do in depth research and reporting on various topics where it relates to an underdog/tough situations/people who need help where none can be found..., these would be the first people to go to with your requests for coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by Placebo Effect View Post
    I talked to n2xe. Apparently bill sponsor Ms. Rosenthal was speaking to media and spouting her mistruths about carcinogens and anti-freeze, and he blurted out, "Yeah, in parts per billion." Several outlets then interviewed him, and one of the quotes he gave them was that Ms. Rosenthal was essentially handing him a death sentence and sending him back to tobacco by supporting this bill.