URGENT - NYS Outright Sales Ban On the AGENDA Again - Page 6
Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: URGENT - NYS Outright Sales Ban On the AGENDA Again

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

We also sent out the emails and also posted on our blog which gets tons of traffic. http://man-over-board.com/2011/01/22...-pass-this-on/

I had no idea this was being voted on for this coming Tuesday. If it passes in NY the old saying is as NY goes so goes the nation. I hate to see a domino effect start. This is such BS

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by ahardrain View Post
    We also sent out the emails and also posted on our blog which gets tons of traffic. New York Wants To Ban The SAFE Electronic Cigarette Please Pass This On | Man Over Board
    Thanks for passing this on ahardrain! But would you consider including a link, perhaps to the first page of this thread, so people can see who to send their letter to, or who to call? If I missed it on your blog, I apologize, but I didn't see such info there.

In case anyone's wondering WHY I still have the SD as my sig, it's because I got my first ecig in January 2008 but still smoked for 10 months, until I got my first SD. I have other APVs, but also still love and use my SD (with a Bulli on top). I will be forever grateful to Trog for saving my life!

Digital Gypsy Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by n2xe View Post
    This is not a lie. FDA testing did find diethylene glycol in some some e liquids. it was in miniscule amounts but it was there...
    Actually, one Smoking Everywhere prefilled out of something like 18 from both them and NJoy. And if I remember correctly it was such a small amount that it wouldn't normally be considered a health hazard if they weren't trying to scare everyone.

CASAA Activist Vaping Advocate
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StormFinch View Post
    Actually, one Smoking Everywhere prefilled out of something like 18 from both them and NJoy. And if I remember correctly it was such a small amount that it wouldn't normally be considered a health hazard if they weren't trying to scare everyone.
    The FDA did not tell the whole truth. E-cigarettes contain no more carcinogens than an FDA-approved nicotine patch, and 0.01 milliliters of the tobacco humectant, diethylene glycol, found only in one of 18 samples tested, is a harmless quantity.

Feel free to reuse the above text.

----
    Support CASAA -http://www.casaa.org/Donate_LKWE.html ---

Non-prewritten email sent, making some calls on Monday.

And nope, don't even live in NY.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I'm not in NY but I sent emails. It really burns my ... that we have to worry about them taking our PVs away and they keep on keeping on with cigarettes. ......!

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by yvilla View Post
    Thanks for passing this on ahardrain! But would you consider including a link, perhaps to the first page of this thread, so people can see who to send their letter to, or who to call? If I missed it on your blog, I apologize, but I didn't see such info there.

Yep I put in all the links including the video and PDF. I didn't include the link here but will now. Hope it helps, blasted it through our social network also, which usually gets out to 50k page views

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by TJ :-) View Post
    I'm not in NY but I sent emails. It really burns my ... that we have to worry about them taking our PVs away and they keep on keeping on with cigarettes. ......!
    I agree, take away our rights for PVs yet keep legal the analogs. Of course the state hasn't taxed these like they do analogs, plus with the giant tobacco lobbyists, they would love to see this bill passed.

Senior Member ECF Veteran Skwerl's Avatar

As I will not be available Monday and have no access to a fax machine I fired off an email. I fondly wish they listen to us all!

Dear Sirs and Madams of the Assembly,
    It has come to my attention that you are yet again trying to ban the e-cigarette, in keeping with the State New York's policy to tax, spend and oppress its residents. As a resident of New Jersey I am keenly aware of the mass exodus of the best and the brightest of our taxpaying residents to more Libertarian locales.
    I am a e-cigarette user as are many of my friends and family members. I grew sick and tired of the smell and expense of smoking for 20 years. Don't get me wrong- I liked smoking and had no desire to quit, I just wanted options that didn't involve nicotine infused duct tape or a vile tasting gum. I have saved quite a bit of money and no longer smell of despair and cigarette butts.
    I cannot wrap my head around why New York State would want to ban the e-cigarette after imposing draconian measures to tax tobacco out of existence yet revel in the cash cow it represents. In this day and age the people have grown weary of politician's promises, while pontificating in front of the nearest camera 'it's for the common good.' We don't all need nannying. Legislation keeping tobacco, e-cigarettes and other adults only consumables is fine with me. Children don't know what is best for them, whereas adults do.
    As it stands now, New York have more pressing matters to attend to, like the fiscal apocalypse of public employee pensions and the potential municipal bond disaster that awaits both our states. Why not use this time with your brand new Governor to fix whats really broken before attending to what is not? In that vein, I respectfully request you all toss out this unnecessary and Liberty infringing legislation.

With kind regards,
    Shannon [last name omitted]
    ...with a firm reliance on the protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes, and our sacred Honor.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

E-mails sent. Hope they help. I was born, raised, and graduated from a city college in New York, but I have a feeling others may be right about tobacco lobbyists being behind this, as smoking tobacco seems to be the only logical outcome to legislation like this.

Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast