Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: E cigs said hazardous

PV Master ECF Veteran

Default E cigs said hazardous

This is the roughest indictment yet on e-smoking:

Bangkok's Independent Newspaper

Ultra Member

Yeah this was posted in another thread- not sure what's up with that- The Doc simply made hte claims that htere are 28 carcinogens without providing any findings to back the claim up evidently- I'm sure the Doc probably has looked into the ingredients and carginogentic properties of each ingredient, but as of yet, there seems ot be no confirmation abotu hte claims. Not saying his claism aren't valid, just that the newspaper provided very little evidence- nay- absolutely zilch for evidence. We need verification from the Doc as well as the medical research results for each of supposed carcinogens-

But even still 28 is better than the 40-60 in real ciggs- not sure why they are condemning eciggs if they are abotu 1/2 the carcinogens? Less = better, no?

wow this report make me feel scare and worry

cos I constant e puff more than smoking real cig .

Forum Supplier ECF Veteran leaford's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It's a dentist! NOT a cancer doctor.

What could happen

This increases blood pressure and lipids in blood vessels. This makes the heart work harder and can lead to heart failure and sexual dysfunction.

What could happen
    You could be crossing the road AND WHAM no 471 bus wipes you out.
    lol

And it was wrote by a woman (boy will I be in trouble for that)

Moved On

"And it was wrote by a woman" what are you implying with that statement?

Super Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by TropicalBob View Post
    This is the roughest indictment yet on e-smoking:

Bangkok's Independent Newspaper
    Rough but no full proof yet..she's a dentist ferchrissake!!.....alkaloida...not correct and not even close....she needs to be fully interrogated for her findings...maybe the Thai's version of e-liquids are contaminated....you'll never know what they add in there and to make such statements without any clinical papers are just baseless phobic facts....I won't take even 2 cents out of it....

PV Master ECF Veteran

I don't believe any of it either, Dr. Loi. It's all unsupported allegations.

What I think is that this begins or continues a misinformation campaign by someone in Thailand's government who doesn't want the competition of e-cigarettes, probably for tax reasons. No department wants to report that tax revenues are down, as they would be if tobacco smokers switched to e-cigs. Sooooo ... we begin a campaign to scare people. "Authorities" are quoted. Look for more scary stores yet to come.

Then, when people have digested these "facts," we ban the product or activity that is so frightening, all in the name of protecting the people. It's for your own good, people. Government is saving your health.

Standard government procedure against a threat or enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kate View Post
    "And it was wrote by a woman" what are you implying with that statement?
    And it was wrote by a woman (boy will I be in trouble for that)
    Only kidding just a pun.

Ultra Member

Quote Originally Posted by jimldk View Post
    Rough but no full proof yet..she's a dentist ferchrissake!!.....alkaloida...not correct and not even close....she needs to be fully interrogated for her findings...maybe the Thai's version of e-liquids are contaminated....you'll never know what they add in there and to make such statements without any clinical papers are just baseless phobic facts....I won't take even 2 cents out of it....
    I agree- while hte report 'SEEMS' alarming, the Dentist needs to back up her claims with cold hard facts. The paper that reported this article shows that they aren't the least bit concerned with reporter integrity, as a good reporter would have demanded the evidence be supplied to back the claims up. As far as I'm cocnerned, until they can do that, the report is nothign but unsubstantiated alarmism- somethign the 'new media' seems to thrive on these days.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)