Now in the UK they are going after the Ecig,
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Now in the UK they are going after the Ecig,

Full Member ECF Veteran

Default Now in the UK they are going after the Ecig,

Article in Spiked this Morning, written by a Jason Walsh in Ireland.. Now the bony hands of the Nanny State are clawing at their Smokers rights in the UK and going after Ecigs as well.( We know how they feel)
    The Writer doesnt know a whole lot about Ecigs but he's on our side -he rips into the nebulous reasons for banning them -

Quote, "Where the Lobbyists screech, the Politicians are sure to follow"

How smokers’ rights are being vapourised | Jason Walsh | spiked

He has good points.. There should be more vocal opinions out there.. I still dont understand the mentality of wanting to ban them.. What are people thinking?!?
    "You mean they found a way to smoke anywhere, with no smell... no second hand smoke.. and no extra evil chemicals?!? Well THAT makes me MAD!!! Someone should put an end to this before someone doesnt get hurt!!!"

Senior Member ECF Veteran BoiseMike's Avatar

Excellent article. Thanks. This says it all, "When it comes to smoking, it seems that eliminating the risk to others and reducing the risk to oneself just isn’t good enough."
    Killjoy1 likes this.
    BoiseMike

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Who was it I remember saying that the good ol' tories wouldn't touch e-cigs? They would rob their own mothers and give the proceeds to the rich if they needed to.
    Simon Burns is the guilty man who is coming after us this time, one of the biggest dolts in the cabinet.
    McAldo likes this.

To me, the way e-cigarettes are treated by "the powers that be" is well and truly a mind-boggling mystery. You would think they would become MANDATORY for any smoker that wants health-insurance, you would think that government would JUMP at this in joy, knowing they could probably save the lives of thousands of people... but no.

It is truly mystifying.

It seems as though the E-Cig manufacturers need to steer well clear of any claims that vaping is a way of quitting smoking (which they seem to be doing ) but I fear that the power of the tabacco industry and the pharmaceutical giants selling their quit smoking products will be plowing millions into getting the E-Cig banned .
    I would imagine that they will be targeting the selling and manufacture of e-juice as banning the devices would be extremely difficult to do .

PV Master ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by greendollar View Post
    It seems as though the E-Cig manufacturers need to steer well clear of any claims that vaping is a way of quitting smoking (which they seem to be doing ) but I fear that the power of the tabacco industry and the pharmaceutical giants selling their quit smoking products will be plowing millions into getting the E-Cig banned .
    I would imagine that they will be targeting the selling and manufacture of e-juice as banning the devices would be extremely difficult to do .
    Big Tobacco is getting into the e-cig business
    The villains are Big Pharma and the ANTZ ... NOT Big Tobacco.

The acronym ANTZ stands for Anti-Nicotine and Tobacco Zealots
    iamme123 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Petrodus View Post
    Big Tobacco is getting into the e-cig business
    The villains are Big Pharma and the ANTZ ... NOT Big Tobacco.

The acronym ANTZ stands for Anti-Nicotine and Tobacco Zealots
    As more people make the shift big tobacco companies will see a lose in revenue and thy will remedy by buying up e cig companies so they can keep making money off of nicotine addicted people. A recent example is 135 million dollar acquisition of Blu Cigs by the third largest american tobacco company Lorillard. Lorillard made the purchase as a result of declining demand for tobacco products.

PV Master ECF Veteran

There are those who believe BT will buy out all the e-cig companies then close the doors.
    I'm not in that group. One thing is for sure ... Time will tell.

beautiful rhetoric, sincerely

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast