The cops are at my door!
Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: The cops are at my door!

Exclamation The cops are at my door!

So I get a knock on the door this evening.. it is a city police officer. He tells me that somebody tipped the police that I was blogging about harmful electronic cigarette chemicals (Dipropylene Glycol (Fragrance Grade (DPGF))) and I was talking about how to mix the liquid etc.. TRUE STORY.

I showed him my old e cigarette and showed him the liquid and how the whole thing worked. He seemed impressed and told me that if it was illegal, which it is not, it would be out of his jurisdiction anyway. I explained to him how the chemicals are non-toxic food preservatives (PG) and water. He seemed slightly embarrassed and left.

Since my name is not anywhere in my profile, nor my address, and the only identifiable part of this blog is "gtmason" (and my location and avatar pic)... I knew immediately that the only one who would call the police about this is a person from my past who must really have a vendetta against me (to spend so much time online searching blogs for my username) trying to find dirt. What a waste of resources and time for the poor guy, he could have been off busting .... labs or arresting drunk drivers.

I bet I am the only person in the US that has ever almost been arrested over electronic cigarettes. LOL

I have been smoke free since April 5th 09 and I couldn't have quit without the ecig.

Something tells me you are certainly NOT the only person to almost get arrested over e-smoking.

Super Member ECF Veteran

thats crazy..well actually there was someone who was detained overseas and had to explain to the foreign police it wasn't drugs. (i forget who) They confiscated all his juice and pv but let him go..

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Default Switzerland

I'm in Switzerland now on holiday , and i get some really weird stares from people.
    They have no clue what vaping is over here.
    Europeans have a tendency to look much more at others than we do in the USA.

One old lady, stood there for a few minutes and tried to figure out what my Janty stick was.
    She simply did not dare ask me. (typical Swiss mentality)
    I could see she was dying to know, so i told her (In French) that i had been a heavy smoker for many years, and this metallic looking object was a medical device that actually removes the smoke from my lungs.
    "I explained that the smoke she saw was coming out of my lungs and not going in"
    She looked puzzled, although accepted the explanation.
    My son was laughing so hard that he was trying to hide under the table at the "Bistro" where we were seated on a terrace.
    My wife was also laughing but was pissed at me for being such an ash-hole.

Full Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by quovadis View Post
    I'm in Switzerland now on holiday , and i get some really weird stares from people.
    They have no clue what vaping is over here.
    Europeans have a tendency to look much more at others than we do in the USA.

One old lady, stood there for a few minutes and tried to figure out what my Janty stick was.
    She simply did not dare ask me. (typical Swiss mentality)
    I could see she was dying to know, so i told her (In French) that i had been a heavy smoker for many years, and this metallic looking object was a medical device that actually removes the smoke from my lungs.
    "I explained that the smoke she saw was coming out of my lungs and not going in"
    She looked puzzled, although accepted the explanation.
    My son was laughing so hard that he was trying to hide under the table at the "Bistro" where we were seated on a terrace.
    My wife was also laughing but was pissed at me for being such an ash-hole.
    Bad, bad man! It definitely is creepy how it seems that it is perfectly acceptable to stare at people, even seated across from you in trains, etc., and apparently staring or even openly leering via window or mirror reflections is the norm, as such folks would be surprised if you got upset about it. Anyway, that's just too funny! Still, the vast majority of folks even over here still give me stares but often ask questions--fortunately, nobody here in the US bother to watch the news anymore....

Full Member ECF Veteran

I think your first mistake was answering the door at all. No warrant, no talkie. Now they know for sure when they are able to raid you that you'll have "illegal" stuff.

The police are not your friend. I also think it's outrageous that your taxes went to pay for him to come out to your house for something that wasn't illegal.

Senior Member ECF Veteran Father Luke's Avatar
    Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company

I'm a little behind the times, is vaping illegal in Oregon?

Hey, quovadis - that's hilarious.

Moved On

Quote Originally Posted by piomode View Post
    I think your first mistake was answering the door at all. No warrant, no talkie. Now they know for sure when they are able to raid you that you'll have "illegal" stuff.\
    If you dont know you have done anything wrong, there is no reason, NOT to answer the door. Could have been a large number of legit reasons or important.

But I got a laugh out of your story. What did you do, run over this person's dog or something. I mean they must have at least told the police quite a bit to get them to come over for something that they wouldnt even know themselves is illegal.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

like my post

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Father Luke View Post
    I'm a little behind the times, is vaping illegal in Oregon?

Hey, quovadis - that's hilarious.
    No. Another can post the specifics, I'm drawing a blank. Old age...

Njoy and Smoking anywhere had suit brought against them by the AG claiming they were making unsubstantiated health claims. The 2 companies made a deal of sorts that boiled down to the suit being withdrawn if they stopped selling in Oregon.

Not exactly what was reported by the press but whadda ya gonna do?

Anybody else, please correct this as needed.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . Home of The First and Best WTA . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . It's Not Just About Unflavored Anymore!. . . . . . . . . . .

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast