Selling to minors
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Selling to minors

Unregistered Supplier Team ECF (folding@home)
    ECF Veteran

Exclamation Selling to minors

Is it illegal to sell electronic cigarettes with 0% nicotine juice to minors? I'm not asking if it is morally or ethically wrong. I'm asking if it is illegal.

No. I do not, nor do I plan to sell to minors.

Full Member Verified Member VaprMade's Avatar

It depends on where your at pure. Some places have put restrictions on selling to minors. Most companies have the must be 18 to view this site. I think its wrong but Im probably a small minority. All I do know is that I started at 14 not 18 and maybe if I had this wonderful invention back then I could have decreased my chances of cancer/disease/heart problems even more.
    In Use: Kicked2 SSGGTS #4004 w/ Ithaka

Pride Male Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

I am not sure about the law, and like VaprMade, I think state and local laws vary. I do think it would be a good idea for all vendors (and I know several do) at least state that you must be 18 or older to purchase their product, whether it contains nicotine or not. This is one of those issues we cannot "give" to the ANTZ. By self regulating the vaping industry can take away the "doing it for the children's safety" and "gateway" arguments that frequently persuade even if they have little basis in fact.
    Last edited by EddardinWinter; 09-02-2012 at 03:31 PM. Reason: clarity

ECF Veteran

Edited....
    Last edited by purelyscientific; 09-03-2012 at 04:35 AM.

Ultra Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    ECF Veteran

Them's the rules up here (21 to buy smokes, 18 to get drunk...go figure). We met a younger fellow at the last vape meet who was informed that he wouldn't be able to attend any more. It won't stop him from vaping, but it removes part of the support network. There's not many vapers in this city, so being able to meet others once a month is great.

It's unfortunate really, because I (like many others) started smoking far below the legal age. Not far by those days standards, but still smoking before I should have been able to buy them.

If you want to quit smoking you shouldn't require ID to get any kind of NRT or e-cig, that's my view.

Super Member ECF Veteran

I don't know the law, but I would imagine it varies from state to state. I make all kinds of mods and make my own juice. I give away tons of stuff. One of my friend's sons who smokes wanted me to make him one and sell him some juice. I refused because he was underage. Soon to turn 18 though. So I made him two box mods, made him up 120ml of juice, two 14500 batteries some atties and a charger. I gave it to him on his 18th birthday. I actually felt bad making him wait, but it is what it is.

Senior Member* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Varies check your local laws.
    2- 1000mah Ego C Twists with Mini VIVI NOVAs. Vaping DIY Menthol ICY 25mg/ml 50VG/50PG Backups 1-1100mah EGO W and 1-650mah EGO C

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by SpringzVz View Post
    Varies check your local laws.
    What do you mean "it varies"? What? The laws on minors buying batteries? I didn't know those kind of laws existed. PV's without nicotine are essentially the same thing as a fog machine or an inhaler.

I would like to know why minors cannot buy PV's and non-nicotine juice. It is only a heating element, battery, and a mouthpiece.

You dont have to be 18 to buy heating elements.
    You dont have to be 18 to buy batteries.
    You dont have to be 18 to buy PG, VG or flavorings.
    But you have to be 18 to buy PV's, which are basically all of those combined?

Not allowing a minor to attend vape meets makes sense to me. I mean, with all the vendors handing out free samples(with nicotine, I assume), It would be inevitable that one of them would assume he/she was 18+ and give it to them.
    Last edited by purelyscientific; 09-04-2012 at 10:42 PM.
    I.gonz likes this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

exactly a pv/mod without nicotine its the same as a fog machine, what? are they going to confiscate or give jail time if you start building your own pv/mod lol ?
    purelyscientific likes this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

i guess thats why they say it "attracs" minors but i think that if someone didnt pick the smoking habit and instead go the vapor route theres no reason why it will try smoking other than experiment and i doubt they will pick cigs over eliquid IF the smoking habit never was present.
    mwplefty likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast