Children and E-Cigs.
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree132Likes

Thread: Children and E-Cigs.

Moved On Verified Member
    Blog Entries

Default Children and E-Cigs.

I do know of similar threads but I think this one is different.
    Now,
    I have been reading a few news articles and stories about children buying and using E-Cigs and the news really make PV's sound like drug devices and it pisses me off because they LIE about stuff in the news articles.

Now, I wouldn't have a problem with teens vaping IFthey were trying to quit smoking. But the reality is, most are just buying them to look "cool" or to "fit in" and that is unacceptable and will result in E-Cigs being banned altogether.

If your child smokes, would you let them purchase/use them to quit?
    I, would make sure they don't start in the first place.
    These people need to just take them away from their children and not make a huge deal with: lawyers/news/etc.
    Anyways, thanks for taking time to reply.

All the best,
    Titanium.
    Last edited by Titanium; 12-10-2012 at 04:10 AM. Reason: Reason for Editing: Optional
    Lisa Belle likes this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Some people are very liberal in their views on raising children and Im sure youre going to hear about it :-)

Personally, Im not trying to be my childs best friend and hang out with them so the answer is no.My house, my rules.Im the one paying rent.

Might sound harsh to some people but my child will thank for me it after they reach a certain level of maturity and then its time to be friends.

Moved On Verified Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by zapped View Post
    Some people are very liberal in their views on raising children and Im sure youre going to hear about it :-)

Personally, Im not trying to be my childs best friend and hang out with them so the answer is no.My house, my rules.Im the one paying rent.

Might sound harsh to some people but my child will thank for me it after they reach a certain level of maturity and then its time to be friends.
    Well, I do see how you feel.
    But also, I don't see why you don't care for your child's health.
    No offense meant here.
    I did expect a few positive/negative replies.
    Thanks for your opinion.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium View Post
    Well, I do see how you feel.
    But also, I don't see why you don't care for your child's health.
    No offense meant here.
    I did expect a few positive/negative replies.
    Thanks for your opinion.

I do care for my childs health.I love that kid with all my heart thats why I'd kick his derriere if I found out he was smoking.At such an early stage I would be the one making the decision that he's quitting cold turkey and he wouldnt have any choice in the matter.

Thankfully I dont have to worry about that with him.He's an athlete and has always been concerned about his physical well being. Hes always been the one whos shown concern about my smoking and is thrilled that Ive made the switch to something healthier.

Moved On Verified Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by zapped View Post
    I do care for my childs health.I love that kid with all my heart thats why I'd kick his derriere if I found out he was smoking.At such an early stage I would be the one making the decision that he's quitting cold turkey and he wouldnt have any choice in the matter.

Thankfully I dont have to worry about that with him.He's an athlete and has always been concerned about his physical well being. Hes always been the one whos shown concern about my smoking and is thrilled that Ive made the switch to something healthier.
    Ah
    I see

An interesting conundrum. I think I would have to agree with zapped. If I ever caught my not-yet-existent kids smoking, I'd make the cold turkey decision for them. Vaping is a privilege and I don't think underaged kids should partake in it. Now, will they? Of course. It's human nature, especially in adolescence, to go after the things forbidden from you. You want your chance to beat the system. But I do think we have to be careful as a society. People need to understand that this is a healthier alternative to smoking, not just a way to look "cool"
    Lisa Belle likes this.

Obviously, we are talking about parents taking responsibility here.
    So much of this crazy mixed up world can be traced back to parents
    not taking responsibility and taking care of business at home.

Parent's lack of responsibility and involvement with their children ...
    is at the root of many social issues (period)
    sherid, zapped, Uma and 9 others like this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

honestly if i had kids, and caught them smoking...

after i watched them chain smoke a pack of camel non filters and turn green then puke for days... i might let them vape. But under my control and supervision and they would be on a quit program not just switching from analogs to vaping like most of us. Now once they reach 18-19 and if they had their own $$ and wanted to vape fine with me. until then...my rules.

but this is reality, kids can get smokes, e cigs etc if they try. I started smoking at 15...(my god that was back in 1991...sheesh im old) i never once in my entire life got carded for smokes. its wrong and illegal that this happens, but theres not much you can do when the people selling them are not diligent and responsible enough to ask for I.D.
    Uma and vapyviper like this.

Moved On

Quote Originally Posted by Petrodus View Post
    Obviously, we are talking about parents taking responsibility here.
    So much of this crazy mixed up world can be traced back to parents
    not taking responsibility and taking care of business at home.

Parent's lack of responsibility and involvement with their children ...
    is at the root of many social issues (period)
    Actually I remember reading an article saying that 50% of a person's personality/attitude is genetics, the rest is mostly external factors. Very little has to do with parenting at home. Unless you spend 8+ hours a day with your kid at home, there's very little influence a parent will have in how his child turns out.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaffeineRush View Post
    Actually I remember reading an article saying that 50% of a person's personality/attitude is genetics, the rest is mostly external factors. Very little has to do with parenting at home. Unless you spend 8+ hours a day with your kid at home, there's very little influence a parent will have in how his child turns out.
    I can write an article proclaiming unicorns are real, and bigfoot was my next door neighbor. 90% of statistics are made up anyway.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast