Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Reme
  • 1 Post By PIZZLE89
  • 1 Post By John_
  • 1 Post By Racehorse
  • 1 Post By Topdogie01

Thread: Vaping items. Which ones are allowed by Law in aircraft and through customs

Default Vaping items. Which ones are allowed by Law in aircraft and through customs

What are the current for bringing vaping items in aircraft
    The mod?
    Batteries?
    Chargers?
    Juice?
    This wouldbe helpful for those of us who will be travelling

2. Advertisement

Depends on the policies of the specific airline you'll be traveling on, but during my research in the US and Canada, everything is allowed. All liquids have to be in labeled containers less than 3.4 ounces, and placed in a clear ziploc bag. Everything else can just go in carry-on baggage.
    Uma likes this.

I will get in touch with one of my sergeants that does security at the Salt Lake International Airport and see what he says.
    Jay-dub likes this.

Rockin' Micro's on Cotton Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Pretty much everything is allowed you just have to package it correctly. GrimmGreen did a video where he talked about himself traveling and dealing with TSA. You should check it out.
    TSA VAPE FLYING + TOUR OF THE VAPE LAIR - GrimmGreen
    Jay-dub likes this.
    Vicious Ant: Valkyrie #1713 - Atmomixani: Nemesis #5884 - Flawless: Tugboat #1769 - Loki Lab: Omega #3227 - VHO: Helios #1435, Titan #5326 - Madz Modz: NZonic V3 #3406

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

do a search here on flying, you will get a lot of hits.

You may bring all of that but batteries cannot go in checked luggage.
    Liquids have to go in the liquid quart bag w/your other toiletries and stuff.
    I always put my vaping gear into the basket separately so it can get rayed. And of course, I separate the parts, take atties off the mod, etc.

I always put my vape stuff in carry on, since it is my belief that there are only 2 kinds of luggage:
    Carry On, and LOST.

Most people have zero problems, TSA has seen a lot of ecig stuff.

Alwayas allow extra time just in case.
    Last edited by Racehorse; 11-01-2013 at 12:28 AM.
    cags likes this.

TC's given: ~9/27/12~ ~ 11/17/2012~~04/01/2013/TC rec'd: 03/09/2013

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
    I always put my vape stuff in carry on, since it is my belief that there are only 2 kinds of luggage:
    Carry On, and LOST. ............
    LOL, I agree I never never check luggage! I have learned to travel light
    1. drink more water and get backups for your backups!
    2. careful! vaping may turn you into a shopaholic and hoarder!

About two years ago, we heard of our local airport getting shut down by TSA agents because they found a strange device in a carry-on bag. Later that day, we saw a Facebook post from a good friend of ours who was ranting about being held/questioned/delayed by TSA agents at the airport since they found his e-cig kit, and they didn't know what it was. We posted back "that was YOU that shut down the airport?". We were told that the agents have since been educated about e-cigs to prevent such a ruckus again.

And another friend of ours recently came back from a business trip to France. He had been a regular analog smoker for years, and decided to switch to Blu e-cigs for the trip. Not only did he get no hassles from the airport, he was also permitted to vape on the plane trips. And now he is free from analogs, and only vapes.

Ultra Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

i can chime in only to agree with above posters, in the United states there is no issues taking your PV with out on the plane. take as many bottles (each under 3ounces) as you can fit into your quart size clear ziper bag. if your using a tank you may have to put that in the bag also, i was required to put my 5ml hypertank in my liquids bag for security. at IND (Indianapolis) and MCO (Orlando) both said that vaping is not prohibited and asked me not to blow clouds to draw attention to myself. and if someone asked me to stop to please stop, move away or go into the bathroom stall so others wont be offended.
    xclusivapor likes this.