If they banned ecigs, would you stockpile? - Page 2
Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Like Tree378Likes

Thread: If they banned ecigs, would you stockpile?

Forum Admin
    Suppliers Manager
    Complaints Manager
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Vaporer View Post
    In the US the standard for a product to be banned unilaterally we have a standard that is used --the product must prove--AFTER HEARING--that "the product poses an immanent harm to the general public." It is a very hard standard to meet. But if you are that scared, by all means load up!!
    No..not scared..just being prudent after these sudden bans...and cause kinda love these e-cigs and some good strength nic..

Super Member ECF Veteran

Simply put, I would become an outlaw.

In the US the standard for a product to be banned unilaterally we have a standard that is used --the product must prove--AFTER HEARING--that "the product poses an immanent harm to the general public." It is a very hard standard to meet. But if you are that scared, by all means load up!!
    Actually, the FDA could have the sales stopped overnight due to not having the necessary paperwork filed on them. In our instance for E-Liquid it falls under a New Drug Category.

This requires a New Drug Application (NDA) filed for it. The fact is and you can check the OASIS Disapproval lists of manufactures already being charged with not having this paperwork filed.

Because of this they could stop the import of goods from these companies or any others selling this product. It is a matter of if they choose to proceed with enforcement.

http://www.fda.gov/ora/oasis/11/ora_oasis_i_66.html
    Last edited by Keltrey; 01-22-2009 at 12:28 AM.
    JUDGMENT AFFIRMED likes this.

Super Member ECF Veteran Trumpybloke's Avatar
    Australia , in a little town you never heard of ..population 12 !!!

Why wait Kaston ... I have a spare room you could move into with me downunder , you can live out your outlaw fantasies now LMAO !!!
    The best things in life are never really free and sometimes you have to be patient:)

ECF Guru

Default The Cartridges--Yes the Device No

Quote Originally Posted by Keltrey View Post
    Actually, the FDA could have the sales stopped overnight due to not having the necessary paperwork filed on them. In our instance for E-Liquid it falls under a New Drug Category.

This requires a New Drug Application (NDA) filed for it. The fact is and you can check the OASIS Disapproval lists of manufactures already being charged with not having this paperwork filed.

Because of this they could stop the import of goods from these companies or any others selling this product. It is a matter of if they choose to proceed with enforcement.
    I will leave it by saying if you feel the need to stock up then by all means do it--Enjoy Vaping
    Last edited by Sun Vaporer; 01-22-2009 at 04:12 AM.
    Pinkvcandy likes this.

Forum Admin
    Suppliers Manager
    Complaints Manager
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Keltrey View Post

OASIS REFUSALS INDUSTRY 66
    That's an impressive link,Keltrey!
    No clue how you got this! Do you work for the US govn't?
    Maybe you can get the list for Canada rejections..
    JUDGMENT AFFIRMED likes this.

I used to. U.S Army. That is not how I found it though. The FDA Website is useful and so is Google.

It is not that easy and the NDA was purly a statment made by a pencil pusher at the FDA--his opinion is just that--an opinion

I suggest you ready Chapter 5; Section 505 of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetics Act.

SEC. 505. [21 USC 355] New Drugs. [Caution: See prospective amendment note below.] (a) Necessity of effective approval of application. No person shall introduce or deliver for introduction into interstate commerce any new drug, unless an approval of an application filed pursuant to subsection (b) or (j) is effective with respect to such drug.

FD&C Act Chapter V, Sections 501-510
    NW Redneck likes this.

Super Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpybloke View Post
    Why wait Kaston ... I have a spare room you could move into with me downunder , you can live out your outlaw fantasies now LMAO !!!

Hmmm.."spare room"..."downunder"..."fantasies"

Trumpybloke are you hitting on me

Moved On

I think Keltrey is right, that's the catch, classification is everything, we will be seen as drug importers and users. Drugs are only allowed if medically proven and approved, they are highly regulated.

Trading Standards recently stopped sale of liquid nicotine in the UK for Wicked. They tried to apply a law that exists to regulate poisons but fortunately that didn't cover the strengths our eliquid is supplied in. My understanding is that it was only after lab testing proof was provided that the Trading Standards allowed Wicked back on sale.

Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast