If they banned ecigs, would you stockpile? - Page 3
Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Like Tree378Likes

Thread: If they banned ecigs, would you stockpile?

ECF Guru ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

But I don't get it. What's the "new drug"? Nicotine?

Lu

Forum Admin
    Suppliers Manager
    Complaints Manager
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by SambucaLu View Post

Lu
    Yup!

The Operational and Administrative System for Import Support(OASIS) reports that I posted above are Import Refusal Reports(IRR)s. Those companies on the reports had their product detained or halted all together depending on the outcome of FDA action. These reports are direct cooperation with US Customs officials.

INTRODUCTION TO FDA'S IMPORT REFUSAL REPORT (IRR)

The fact that it could take lengthy legal processes to stop the flow of E-liquid and Devices is not correct. They can stop the shipments directly from coming into the country.

Super Member ECF Veteran

First hint I'll be stocking up. I'm not in bad shape now... Good thing we have this wonderful resource with people that understand this stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by SambucaLu View Post

Lu
    It's not even that it is a new drug itself. It is that it's a new form of a known drug, which falls under the category of a new drug. Because of this it requires an NDA.

http://www.fda.gov/cder/regulatory/a...s/NDA.htm#Laws
    Last edited by Keltrey; 01-22-2009 at 01:33 AM.

ECF Guru ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Keltrey View Post
    It's not even that it is a new drug itself. It is that it's a new form of a known drug, which falls under the category of a new drug. Because of this it requires an NDA.
    I don't think I realized nicotine was a drug since it can be bought right off the shelf in several forms.

Lu

I want to make something clear real quick. I am not attempting to flame anyone. I am just trying to show how fast a ban could occur in the US.

I hope he doesn't mind me saying it, but Tropical Bob has been right in warning about bans. It's not a matter of if, its about when. There have already been products seized by customs.

I feel that the need of awareness needs to be addressed. Australia has already felt the ban, UK almost did with E-Liquid. The US FDA already has its feelers out and is taking action quietly. If manufactures continue to disregard the regulations it won't be long before all import or even domestic production is halted.

The problem with NDAs is that clinical trials must be conducted, which could take years. During this time all of these products could be halted or seized upon entry to the US.

I apologize if I have offended anyone with my comments tonight, but I fear our beloved products are in jeopardy.

Forum Admin
    Suppliers Manager
    Complaints Manager
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Keltrey View Post
    I want to make something clear real quick. I am not attempting to flame anyone. I am just trying to show how fast a ban could occur in the US.
    I feel that the need of awareness needs to be addressed. Australia has already felt the ban, UK almost did with E-Liquid. The US FDA already has its feelers out and is taking action quietly. If manufactures continue to disregard the regulations it won't be long before all import or even domestic production is halted.
    The problem with NDAs is that clinical trials must be conducted, which could take years. During this time all of these products could be halted or seized upon entry to the US.
    I apologize if I have offended anyone with my comments tonight, but I fear our beloved products are in jeopardy.
    I think it's great you have some real info about possibilities..it's not about getting pessimistic or "calling wolf" too many times..
    You gave some real backup with your links and it is appreciated

The best would be (if they do get banned) for there to be a possibility of using an already legal nicotine product and getting the nicotine from that for use in the e-cig.

Super Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by basslion View Post
    The best would be (if they do get banned) for there to be a possibility of using an already legal nicotine product and getting the nicotine from that for use in the e-cig.
    Cool idea, another one: use cafeine instead of nicotine, cheap, easy to get, complety legal and safer.

If the hardware is banned... well, before that happens we NEED to stay away from the real cigarette alike devices.

Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast