If they banned ecigs, would you stockpile? - Page 4
Page 4 of 47 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Like Tree378Likes

Thread: If they banned ecigs, would you stockpile?

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

One can always make there own e-liquid,using tobacco. I order an recipe from ebay of how to do it. The batteries may be a problem and the atomizers. I feel like I have been stocking up with all the money I keep spending LOL. I think if we all thought hard enough we could overcome the batteries,atomizers,and the e-cig. We could make our own.
    Mudfinger likes this.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Wouldn't there be a realistic possibility for sueing the government for forcing a person from 'product leading to better health in the short term, long term not yet verified' to 'product known to be very unhealthy both short term and long term'? Of course the premise needed for that is that it is acknowledged by court that nicotine-addiction is a real thing (and is not sufficiently solved, for many, with existing nicotine-replacement) - so probably such cases would be taking on more then just one 'point to prove or make acceptable for court' - but wouldn't such a case stand a fair chance in the US, where personal freedom to be allowed to decide about yourself is still pretty strong in other ways?

Default Johnson Creek FDA registered?

I found this kinda interesting, on the johnsoncreeksmokejuice site:

"Johnson Creek Original Smoke Juice is fully registered with the U.S. Food & Drug Administration pursuant to Section 305 of the United States Public Health and Bioterrorism Act of 2002, P.L. 107-188
    Johnson Creek FDA Registration Number: 14732819018"

have no idea what "pursuant to section...bla bla" means.

Me thinks: any Government that bans the sale of e-cig products has no interest in the health aspect, they only want to protect their income stream from tobacco.
    Hock A Lugie and Ayla1984 like this.

ECF Guru

Default I do not see the "New Drug" if someone is using 0 nicotine

For people using the 0 nicotine, I simply do not see the "drug" component??

(Posted under wrong thread 1st, sorry)

"Johnson Creek Original Smoke Juice is fully registered with the U.S. Food & Drug Administration pursuant to Section 305 of the United States Public Health and Bioterrorism Act of 2002, P.L. 107-188

Me thinks: any Government that bans the sale of e-cig products has no interest in the health aspect, they only want to protect their income stream from tobacco.

Super Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by rejoice View Post
    One can always make there own e-liquid,using tobacco. I order an recipe from ebay of how to do it. The batteries may be a problem and the atomizers. I feel like I have been stocking up with all the money I keep spending LOL. I think if we all thought hard enough we could overcome the batteries,atomizers,and the e-cig. We could make our own.
    Be VERY careful with this, it could be LETAL, nicotine is a VERY dangerous poison, 60mg (60 marlboro cig nicotine content) of pure nicotine can kill a person, search this forum for more info about it, but again BE VERY CAREFUL it can kill just by putting it on the skin.

Quote Originally Posted by vaposmiddie View Post

That means they are registered, nothing more...

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Keltrey View Post
    I want to make something clear real quick. I am not attempting to flame anyone. I am just trying to show how fast a ban could occur in the US.

I hope he doesn't mind me saying it, but Tropical Bob has been right in warning about bans. It's not a matter of if, its about when. There have already been products seized by customs.

I feel that the need of awareness needs to be addressed. Australia has already felt the ban, UK almost did with E-Liquid. The US FDA already has its feelers out and is taking action quietly. If manufactures continue to disregard the regulations it won't be long before all import or even domestic production is halted.

The problem with NDAs is that clinical trials must be conducted, which could take years. During this time all of these products could be halted or seized upon entry to the US.

I apologize if I have offended anyone with my comments tonight, but I fear our beloved products are in jeopardy.
    I worry about it too. We are up against the tobacco companies, the pharmaceutical companies, the tax man, and public health advocates who can't stand the fact that anyone smokes anything.

That's why we need to organize and have more voluntary testing of these products. If we have at least a small organized voice we might just have a chance of keeping these things on the market. We need scientists, doctors and a large group of users to back these products up. We need stories of people smoking eight packs a day for 30 years who were able to quit with e-smokes, doctors saying that it sure seems like it's less harmful, especially to people around the smoker, and scientists to explain their studies supporting this. And we need more studies, not by the government or anti-smoking groups, or tobacco companies, but real scientists who don't have an agenda.

If all else fails tho you can extract nicotine from several different plants yourself in your kitchen. Of course you need to buy some chemicals that might bring the DEA or Homeland Security to your door to do it, but it is possible if you are careful. I am working on researching this and doing a writeup on the safest way to do it. The good news is that tobacco will probably never be banned outright within our lifetimes and you can get nicotine out of tobacco pretty easily without poisoning yourself- IF you are very careful. Actually the writeup I am working on never involves pure nicotine, it ends up at a low concentration in water so you can evaporate it off slowly till you get the right % that could be but in smoke juice.

(Imagine having to set up a nic-lab in your basement like the crank addicts do!)

The hardware itself can probably be smuggled in and sold on e-bay or through underground online networks. But the argument could be made that units sold in the US (or wherever) are only for use with 0 nicotine juice.

Not that I've thought about it or anything.
    pampered1 likes this.

Super Member ECF Veteran

Some of us think we need to be organized and do something, some others think that it will be worthless, anyway, please come by and look at Welcome! maybe we can do something somehow.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I'm stockpiling now. I'm taking no chances!
    pampered1 likes this.

Super Member ECF Veteran

I'm sure there are a few of us here old enough to remember the candy and chewing gum rolled up in paper and powdered with confectioners sugar that you could blow out to simulate smoke. It was something I enjoyed when I was a kid.. (shoulda stockpiled) ..Well heck they're banned, so it's just a matter of time for the e-cigs, unless the big CO's in the US get in on the act and taxes can be collected.

Mudfinger likes this.

Page 4 of 47 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast