If they banned ecigs, would you stockpile? - Page 42
Page 42 of 47 FirstFirst ... 32383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Like Tree378Likes

Thread: If they banned ecigs, would you stockpile?

Super Member ECF Veteran jpargana's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xICooRsYIx View Post
    It ironic that as i was typing this response i noticed your location was "taxachusetts"

Dont you think the fact that 40k people a month are making the switch to e cigs would cause the government to enforce a ban even moreso? Think about it. The government taxes the .... out of cigarettes and with electronic cigarettes its just the normal state tax. Less cigarette purchases means less money for the government, and we all know they dont like that.

-xICooRsYIx

No, they don't like it. Take the European example:

Written question - Tax revenue from electronic cigarettes - E-004672/2013

This was even prior to the attempt at e-cig medicalization on the last 08th October.

Currently, they're trying to include e-cigs in the new TPD - which would be another attempt at a de-fact ban.

AFAIK, Italy is already taxing e-cigs and related items. 58%, if I'm not mistaken. Of course, it wold be better for their Govt to charge full sin-tax from tobacco, instead of a 'miserable' 58%... so, my guess is they are taxing the e-cig now, but hoping it will be banned in the future.

Money, money, money...
    Fulgurant likes this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I have a couple of liters of raw materials ready to go. I go through about 3mL/day, so that'll last a little bit. Not to mention the 16oz of MBV 555 I just opened. Mmm.

Sent from my LG G2, using Smack-a-talk HD.
    "I carry a leaf blower hooked to fog machine when i go out. I have "'ECF for life'" stenciled on the side if it." -Me
    "I want to make an ejuice from Coconut and rUM, and call it." -Me

IAMJACK'SSMIRKINGREVENGE Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by exnihilo View Post
    I have a couple of liters of raw materials ready to go. I go through about 3mL/day, so that'll last a little bit. Not to mention the 16oz of MBV 555 I just opened. Mmm.
    That's going to need some steep time. Yeah, it should last you a while. ADV?

oh i would outstock my favorite vape flavor lmao. a few grands worth, im not kidding.

i learned my lesson when stupid obama signed the bill banning flavored cigarettes which applies to kreteks. which is stupid. if cloves are flavored, so are menthols, am i right? damn obama man. pathetic.

sorry for ranting off-subject

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by AgentAnia View Post
    You got me to thinking! Here's a smaller one that has a locking door, which might be a consideration if there are small children in the house. (This site has other models too. Check it out.)

CMF151L EdgeStar Compact Medical Freezer With Lock

(Guess I'll have to eat my vegetables after all... )
    Has anyone bought one of these to store their nic in? I'm curious about how much you can get in there.

Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by house mouse View Post
    Has anyone bought one of these to store their nic in? I'm curious about how much you can get in there.
    That's a front opening freezer. It'll let a lot of the cold out every time you open it.

If I were to get a standalone freezer I'd get a top-opener to preserve the cold when it gets opened.

Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quoting a good news message:

Quote Originally Posted by Mowgli
    Quote Originally Posted by NICnurse
    Hey!

Man, I had not performed any tests, but your message inspired me to check my nic stash. So, I ran some tests just for you this afternoon and here is what I have:

All my batches are mixed at ~50mg/ml with PG

December 2011 nicotine: test today was nicotine content 49.01mg/ml. Slight (like super diluted urine, so not much) yellow tinge (unchanged since last check). Nic has been in freezer the entire time, but I do open it to put into smaller bottles for use. It has been opened maybe 4-5 times during storage. Odor unchanged.

June 2012 nicotine: test today was 49.86mg/ml. Faintest hint of yellow if I look really closely next to a white piece of paper. NIc has been unopened in the freezer for the duration. Odor unchanged.

December 2012 nicotine: test today was 49.98mg/ml. No yellow at all to maybe a super faint slight hint. Also has remained unopened since put into freezer. Odor unchanged.

May 2013 nicotine:test today was 49.86mg/ml. No yellow at all. Unopened since put in freezer. Odor unchanged.

August 2013 nicotine: test today was 49.93 mg/ml. This one does have a slight tan tone, but it did when I received it as well. My Freedom Smokes said they no longer "bleach" their nic liquid so the tan was normal. Odor unchanged.

All of these samples are from My Freedom Smokes. It has stored in the freezer super well, huh! I have 9 750mL bottles in the freezer, and contemplating purchasing another liter of nic. I *think* I have enough for nearly 10 years right now, but you can never be too prepared, right?!

If you ever want me to do a test, just holler. I would be happy to do one! Also send me the link to your blog. I would love to read it!

NICnurse
    That's awesome!

Thanks for doing that. It's very encouraging.

I hope you don't mind if I quote this message in a few threads.
    It's great news that will be good for DIYers' peace of mind.

Mowgli Vapes
    salemgold and cheryl713 like this.

ECF Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Mowgli View Post
    That's a front opening freezer. It'll let a lot of the cold out every time you open it.

If I were to get a standalone freezer I'd get a top-opener to preserve the cold when it gets opened.

Looking at internal dimensions of that freezer .
    If used only for storage of Nic it should hold a lifetime supply of "100mg strength nic" stored in 500 ml or 1000 ml glass bottles for most if not all users.

One only opens it once in a blue moon to take out a 500ml bottle of 100mg Nic to break down into smaller portions for use.

Be very very careful in handling gloves/eyewear etc and where its mixed and use a DIY calculator to break down concentration
    which also will enable you to figure out your lifetime supply needed.

Cannot stress enough about being very careful handling high concentration Nicotine.
    Was a 2pk a day for almost 40 years. Vapeing for little over 3years @7 ml a day .
    Also DIYer and prepared till the end unless mankind can figure out how to bring the human aging process to a crawl.
    Last edited by Dieseler; 03-01-2014 at 02:48 PM.
    salemgold and Mowgli like this.

Double Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I purchased this freezer and it works well. Plenty of room for my nic and lots of other things. Yet compact.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Black-Deck...White/16681003

This one is in stock and would be another good option. Shipping is free.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Black-Deck...ingMethod=p13n
    Last edited by salemgold; 03-02-2014 at 03:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TerroristOgre View Post
    oh i would outstock my favorite vape flavor lmao. a few grands worth, im not kidding.

i learned my lesson when stupid obama signed the bill banning flavored cigarettes which applies to kreteks. which is stupid. if cloves are flavored, so are menthols, am i right? damn obama man. pathetic.

sorry for ranting off-subject
    No worries. People are too wrapped up in Facebook, iPhones and social media to pay attention to what their government is doing TO THEM. Distractions abound and the politicians benefit as a result. Slowly and surely, liberty and rights are being taken under the guise of "safety" and "health". No matter the laws the government chooses not to enforce. It's always easier to get the scared to follow blindly. That's what "studies" accomplish...frightening people into submission and agreement. Watch for the day when using your common sense becomes a felony.