If they banned ecigs, would you stockpile? - Page 47
Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 374344454647
Like Tree378Likes

Thread: If they banned ecigs, would you stockpile?

ECF Moderator
    Registered Reviewers/Bloggers Manager
    Asst. Classifieds Manager
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by jsand View Post
    I truly don't understand how they can classify E-liquid as a "new drug" simply because it's in a new form. If that were the case, couldn't I make bubblegum ...... and it be legal because it's a new form?

Edit: wow seriously? {MODERATED} is a bleeped word?
    Why yes, yes it is. And so is circumventing the forum censors to get around a censored word.

Why we don't allow drug talk

Forum Rules

9. Flaming, trolling, other misconduct
    a. These are not permitted -
    • Flaming (insults).
    • Criticising or complaining about a Moderator, or how the site is run, except via PM (private message).
    • Discussion or mention of illegal/illicit drugs or sexual content.
    • Posting of vulgar videos.
    • Obscene or vulgar language.
    • Trying to place offensive text in a post by evading the forum's built-in word censor, using symbols or alternative letters for example.
    • Multiple identities/accounts - this also applies to Facebookers. Each member is allowed only one account on the ECF Forums.
    • Improper solicitation of goods, services, or monies from suppliers or other members. ECF is a "no begging zone".
    • Trolling (includes but is not restricted to:
    • Flooding the board with comments coming from a single point of view in multiple posts.
    • Deliberately posting something which is against our forum rules.
    • Posting something deliberately inflammatory - either to start a "flame war" or simply to cause difficulties for the Moderators.
    • Posting snide comments about another member.
    • Posting repeated criticism of Moderators or their moderation activities.
    • Engaging in behaviour which is disruptive to the general operation of the Forum.
    • Comments that insult people on the basis of their sexual orientation, religion, race, nationality, or country of origin.

King of the Clouds Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member

I would quit vaping... I do not break the law so I would just put down an old hobby, but I will make some ejuice (only PG and VG) both already FDA regulated in my CPAP machine and vape when I sleep...Cant go to jail for doing it in my sleep. Wait does that apply for murder too?
    "Don't drip and drive!"-Cloud Junky

Super Member Verified Member catilley1092's Avatar

In the form that I get it, e-juice prepared in a home, it wouldn't do good to overstock, as over time it may become unstable, at the least changing to a darker color. Currently, there are no expiration dates on the bottles, but being made primarily of food ingredients, those likely had one. They're not truly sealed either, just a cap screwed onto a 30ml bottle.

So stocking up for a few months to a year maybe, but 4-5 years, no I wouldn't bother.

Cat

IAMJACK'SSMIRKINGREVENGE Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by catilley1092 View Post
    So stocking up for a few months to a year maybe, but 4-5 years, no I wouldn't bother.
    Cat
    Much longer than that. NICnurse sent me a PM a few months ago:

{MODERATED}

<2% loss in potency after 2+ years
    Last edited by sonicdsl; 04-29-2014 at 06:55 PM. Reason: Cannot post emails or PM's
    Lisa Belle, Spazmelda and LaraC like this.

Senior Member Verified Member MalkinMania71's Avatar

Absolutely, then I would get the email addresses of my favorite juice makers and purchase black market style. I guess I would learn to do all of the rebuilding and stuff too.
    Lisa Belle likes this.

Full Member Supporting Member

I would definitely stockpile and would try to get enough to last a year. After that, I hope that a black market would have developed.
    By the way, a black market may be necessary even if there is no ban but just those unjustified sin taxes.
    I never bought tobacco illegally so I have always paid the taxes on it. I did so because the high taxes on tobacco are justified by the harm tobacco consumption creates. I would however buy e-liquid on the black market in a heartbeat if it was taxed heavily, simply because there is absolutely no justification for such a tax on vaping products.
    Lisa Belle likes this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

if they banned e-cigs ther would be aton of people breaking the law everyday. as far as stockpiling-my wife looks at all my e-liquid and already thinks that's what i have been doing... after 100 bottles i quit counting so i am not to worried about it. there will always be e-liquid around regardless of any laws they pass- a simple fact....
    Lisa Belle, Roccov and Anjaffm like this.
    I intend to live forever. So far, so good.
    Steven Wright /"To lose one parent may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose both looks like carelessness." -- Oscar Wilde

well they cant keep drugs out of prisons so even if they make the whole country a prison..... just sayin
    All laws are a death threat.

Full Member Verified Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Belle View Post
    What if... I hate that phrase. Let's say they do ban 18650 high drain batteries what we use in ecigs, how could someone stockpile those? How long can that type of battery be stored unused??? LOL I think I read they need to be drained first? Can someone tell me if that is possible or not with these batteries... just wondering
    They won't ban the batteries - they're used elsewhere, such as in high power flashlights. Even if they did, there are plenty of other alternatives it's just that the power density of these batteries make them the most useful which is why they're used.

Full Member Verified Member

Definatly stock pile on nicotine and freeze it, But that olny last so long.

Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 374344454647