If they banned ecigs, would you stockpile?
Page 1 of 47 1234511 ... LastLast
Like Tree378Likes

Thread: If they banned ecigs, would you stockpile?

Default If they banned ecigs, would you stockpile?

I have a fair amount in the bank and that's what I would do if this pathetic UK government banned them (they've banned everything else that makes life remotely enjoyable).
    What would you do.
    Lisa Belle, Cyatis, Turnip and 9 others like this.

ECF Guru

Do not concern yourself with something that is a huge maybe. I do not know if you are in the US or elsewhere as you have not posted your location. In the US, the legal system is very slow and we would have plenty of time for a Plan B which is to move to China!!!
    Last edited by Sun Vaporer; 01-22-2009 at 03:11 AM.

Senior Member ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Don't be so sure Sun Vaporer, they were banned in Australia overnight without a word of warning.

To answer the question, yes, I'm in the process of stockpiling right now.
    Lisa Belle, JGD, azzaman and 4 others like this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I have a pretty good stash right now but if word got out that it was going to be banned I would being buying as much as I could get my hands on
    Lisa Belle, JGD, ValDaves and 4 others like this.

Super Member ECF Veteran Trumpybloke's Avatar
    Australia , in a little town you never heard of ..population 12 !!!

Cucu , I , and the rest of the Aussies are the best to comment on this ... HELL YEAH !!! LOL
    I think if anyone wants to keep this habit going , a sensible amount of stockpiling is necessary ... but more importantly , getting off your butts , getting the word out there , and formulating an action plan BEFORE they are banned would be prudent... they best way around a ban is proving how stupid the ban might be .... BEFORE they ban it !!!
    The best things in life are never really free and sometimes you have to be patient:)

ECF Guru

Default Australia Law quite different then US

Yes I know, in Australia, like many other places, you do not have the same type of court intervention or due process as in the US. There will be many hearings and jawboneing here before it even goes to the courts--so we will get plenty of time for a heads up. If anything gets out and out right banned it can only be the nicotine cartridges. But, as I said there will be plenty of time for a Plan B--which is to move to China!!
    Last edited by Sun Vaporer; 01-22-2009 at 03:10 AM.
    DaveP, Lisa Belle and Plumes.91 like this.

Forum Admin
    Suppliers Manager
    Complaints Manager
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Vaporer View Post
    Do not concern yourself with something that is a huge maybe. I do not know if you are in the US or elsewhere as you have not posted your location. In the US, the legal system is very slow and we would have plenty of time for a Plan B.
    Nice to hear your calming words , Sun!
    But... Mexico , Australia out of nowhere banned or imposed strong restrictions..now UK I think with a bit of problems with a supplier who can't or couldn't sell le-iquid until proof of no poison..So it seems to come fast & furious..rather than a slower movement towards banning (which I also would expect for US & Canada..)
    Either way, I started stockpiling both hardware & liquid within limits because of all the frenzy in other threads..maybe I should of just relaxed
    Last edited by Misty; 01-21-2009 at 10:35 PM. Reason: spelling as usual!
    Lisa Belle likes this.

Moved On

If enforcement agencies can make it fit under existing laws then there will be no delay, stocks will be off the shelves immediately. New legislation takes time but that wasn't necessary in Aus.

ECF Guru

Default US is different then any other Country so there is no need to panic

In the US we do have hearings last I knew? And how about people that do not use nicotine--where is the "Drug"?
    Last edited by Sun Vaporer; 01-22-2009 at 03:01 AM. Reason: forgot to mention the zero nicotine user

Super Member ECF Veteran Trumpybloke's Avatar
    Australia , in a little town you never heard of ..population 12 !!!

Kate summed it up perfectly, an outright retrospective ban is nearly legally impossible anywhere ( its in part, why tobacco can still be sold ) but if there is the slightest little bit of previous legislation ( or in the case of Australia , a Poisons Act ) that it can be attached to , say goodbye little 'lecky ciggies !!! or even if its just the nicotine... it still affects the use of them
    Lisa Belle likes this.
    The best things in life are never really free and sometimes you have to be patient:)

Page 1 of 47 1234511 ... LastLast