If it cost government $20 billion to...
Like Tree9Likes
  • 2 Post By cowjelly
  • 1 Post By zoiDman
  • 4 Post By retired1
  • 1 Post By KODIAK (TM)
  • 1 Post By Steamix

Thread: If it cost government $20 billion to...

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Default If it cost government $20 billion to...

Enforce prohibition annually of a recently illegal substance. Then how much do you all think it will cost them to enforce the regulation of e-cigs? But hey, I'm sure they'll raise taxes to help cover the costs. Really mind blowing for something with so much potential for good. If memory serves in 1927 it cost the government something like $100 million dollars to cover the cost of alcohol prohibition. I love having people so smart making the laws and rules to keep me safe. Sorry for the rant but had to vent. Been spreading the word in my community and people act like it can't or won't happen.
    Lisa Belle and jpargana like this.

My 0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by cowjelly View Post
    Enforce prohibition annually of a recently illegal substance. Then how much do you all think it will cost them to enforce the regulation of e-cigs? But hey, I'm sure they'll raise taxes to help cover the costs. Really mind blowing for something with so much potential for good. If memory serves in 1927 it cost the government something like $100 million dollars to cover the cost of alcohol prohibition. I love having people so smart making the laws and rules to keep me safe. Sorry for the rant but had to vent. Been spreading the word in my community and people act like it can't or won't happen.
    I wish More People would get Active like you have instead of just Talking about things to Vaper's who Already Share the Same Opinion.

Right On cowjelly.
    Lisa Belle likes this.

Administrator Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Since when was the spending of money they don't have a concern of the Congress and the government in general?

E-Cig Afficionado Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Regulation will pay for itself, ticket here ticket there tickets everywhere. Don't feed into that BS that says it actually costs them money to regulate such things. How much does it really cost them to have a patrol guy that would already be on duty otherwise to just give someone a fine if they're found with such items?

A nation of sheep, breeds a government of wolves... Join CASAA today!

No cost is too great to protect our lil' kiddies from the evils of e-cigs!
    jpargana likes this.

Super Member ECF Veteran

Prohibiting anything only drives the prices up and gets the mob on the scene.
    If the margin is right, nicotine will be run through the same suplly lines that are in place already for other substances.
    jpargana likes this.