San Diego just passed a ban on vaping!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: San Diego just passed a ban on vaping!

Ultra Member ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Default San Diego just passed a ban on vaping!

I was watching the live feed at Vapers.tv on the Vaping Millitia channel.
    What a joke of witch hunt that was.
    The council was biased. Even had the police dept. there to speak on how they will fine and arrest people and businesses.
    90 percent of the speakers looked and acted like paid gustapo, with tales of kids burning drugs in store bought cig-alikes.
    All these Pharma paid groups like American Cancer Society - American Lung Association - Center for Kids against smoking .. etc. etc. etc..
    What a horror show they presented. No scientific or polling facts either just opinions and stories.
    Only a couple of folks siding with vaping were able to speak for 2 minutes each..
    I can not believe San Diego, being how big it is, does not have people who care about vaping..
    Unless the council stacked the sides against vaping, and banned "the folks for it" That's what it looked like to me..
    How sad.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran skoony's Avatar

that sounds like Minnesota back in the day with the first smoking bans. strangely enough the state and city of Saint Paul have held off at least for this year,other than a no sale to minors. some cities however have enacted bans. some votes have been fairly tight. on the other hand,some have been nothing but a dog and pony show similar to San Diego.
    regards
    mike
    Lisa Belle likes this.

Full Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member

With the aid of social media, it would send a non violent message if 'FLASH MOBS' of vapers started popping up in cities across the country.
    Can you imagine the image of hundreds of vapers standing in line waiting for their 'ticket' to be written.
    At least they could vape while waiting.
    Note : all the above is sarcasm and not an endorsement of lawless behavior.
    Lisa Belle likes this.

Late to the discussion, but I'm curious how many vapers were there or store owners. Something of this importance to the vaping community should have seen a large turnout. If this was like most vaping related political actions held in public, there may have only been those two you cited. Its sad as I'm sure there are possibly few "thousand?" people involved in vaping in a place the size of San Diego. I could be wrong.
    Lisa Belle likes this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Just Curious but where is the ban in effect? Not outside I hope
    Lisa Belle likes this.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by samcm010 View Post
    Just Curious but where is the ban in effect? Not outside I hope
    It was explained to me that it is basically illegal any place smoking a regular cigarette is illegal.
    Lisa Belle likes this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by specter9mm View Post
    It was explained to me that it is basically illegal any place smoking a regular cigarette is illegal.
    Well I agree that is ridiculous but I travel to San Diego from time to time and would have hated to not be able to sit outside and Vape... at least for now that is still allowed.
    Lisa Belle likes this.

ECF Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by ArtyPa View Post
    With the aid of social media, it would send a non violent message if 'FLASH MOBS' of vapers started popping up in cities across the country.
    Can you imagine the image of hundreds of vapers standing in line waiting for their 'ticket' to be written.
    At least they could vape while waiting.
    Note : all the above is sarcasm and not an endorsement of lawless behavior.
    It has been tried in NYC in Central Park. The cops and the media had been notified of the civil disobedience vaping event in advance. The cops couldn't care less... Nobody got a ticket.

San Diego joins many other cities in banning electronic cigarettes everywhere conventional cigarettes are banned | UTSanDiego.com

"They also said the makers of e-cigarettes, which are battery-powered and emit vapor instead of smoke, target young people with colorful packaging and by featuring flavors like bubble gum. In addition, they said young people frequently use the devices to smoke ......... and tobacco without people around them knowing."

The insidiousness of these e-cigarette companies, targeting our CHILDREN with bubbledy gum smokes and allowing them to *egasp* smoke tobacco and *shudder* The Devil's lettuce from these satanic devices.
    Last edited by Johnny Popular; 08-22-2014 at 01:11 AM.
    Mr.Mann likes this.

PIF Forum Moderator Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Sand Diego has a HUGE population of vapers/B&Ms -- so either not enough people were informed or, well, I dunno. One sticky, so to speak, part though is that there IS a nice-size market for those other vaporizers (and they've been around a long time). Just yesterday I was vaping outside and someone asked me where I got "that thing" -- they wanted to know because they thought it was that "other" vaporizer like the one their friend had.

When you think about it though, the notion that people won't know what's in a device really is no different than not knowing what's inside of cigarette rolling papers (RYO) or any bottle or cup -- hell, or even what's in someone's cookie! I don't think there will ever be a time when you can't openly "drink and drive", unless drive-thru windows will stop selling beverages -- not going to happen. But. But...what's in that man's Big Slurpee cup???? And what's in that chocolate chip cookie?!?!?! Maybe banning cookies and drive-thru sales of drinks is a good idea because there are "other" kinds of cookies and "dangerous" liquids you can put in a cup? And of course, adults don't buy cookies or drink Big Slurpees, so at least the adults won't make a fuss.
    roosterado likes this.
    Your “palate” is the roof of your mouth, and by extension, your sense of taste. A “palette” is the flat board an artist mixes paint on (or by extension, a range of colors). A “pallet” is either a bed (now rare) or a flat platform onto which goods are loaded.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast