License to sell?

Thread: License to sell?

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Default License to sell?

Does one need to acquire some type of tobacco license or nicotine license to sell e-cigs?

Full Member ECF Veteran

I would assume no, because you are not selling tabacco, although i'm not sure if there's a ruling on nicotine. I doubt there is any license needed at the moment, although i know that it won't last.

Mac
    Blog Entries

Currently, a standard business license is all you need to retail. I do not believe any license whatsoever is required for online.
    I'd hate to advocate nicotine use, violence and insanity. But they've always worked for me.

Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

is this for sure does eny one know

Senior Member ECF Veteran

As things stand now, Mac is right.

We await in the FDA vs SE/NJOY case the outcome of how these devices will be classified. But don't hold your breath. There will be appeal upon appeal, and FDA has practically unlimited resources to continue their filibuster on e-cigs. You can use this interim period to start up your e-cig business, but you also need to keep up on all the legal crap or else you could one day find yourself shut down or worse.

The current wisdom on here is that they should be classified as tobacco product (which is where Judge Leon is going with this) and that we would eventually have to get the proper license to sell reduced-harm tobacco products. That would be a far better outcome than if these end up in the hands of Big Pharma as drug-delivery devices, in which case you could kiss your business goodbye.

Like anybody else wanting to make money in this business, you gotta do your homework and keep up with what the lawyers are up to. That's the shimmy and the shizzle of it.

Registered Supplier ECF Veteran TimAce's Avatar

In the USA all you should need is to go to sunbiz dot org. apply for an EIN number also known as a TIN. you also need to become an LLC or an S-corp.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Depends upon your state laws.
    I know for CA a tobacco license Will be required very soon.
    Truthiness: The natural human condition to ignore facts and just go with whats in your gut! Colbert

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by TimAce View Post
    In the USA all you should need is to go to sunbiz dot org. apply for an EIN number also known as a TIN. you also need to become an LLC or an S-corp.
    Sunbiz.org is for Florida businesses.

Registered Supplier ECF Veteran TimAce's Avatar

oops :-) yea check with your state laws.... i guess florida is easy to do hopefully where your at it will be just as simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyxie View Post
    Sunbiz.org is for Florida businesses.