Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: E-cigs Illegal in China now?

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

it has been illegal for a long time in China, they keep having to move factories and what not to stay on top of things...
    Proud member of the BFAM club
    Benjamin Franklin : “People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both”

Registered Supplier ECF Veteran skinny's Avatar

Supervape, I think you need to check facts before posting, I think you're off about this and causing people to think differently than what is true. Unless moving every few years is what you mean by "keep moving".

Ultra Member ECF Veteran Quick1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by supervape View Post
    it has been illegal for a long time in China, they keep having to move factories and what not to stay on top of things...
    Care to clarify? Any references other than "everybody knows..." or "I heard..." would be helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissie View Post
    I agree Quick, when I found the thread on the forum that the OP was referring to, I also found it extremely irresponsible of the forum founder.

For all of you that are panicking, please go back & read all the posts on this thread.
    I agree. After hearing from all of you I feel a lot better about it. When I first saw the post from somebody I took for granted knew what he was talking about I was concerned to say the least. I do have to say that it puzzled me right off the bat since I couldn't figure out why the Chinese would do such a thing.

Thanks for all the input.

ECF Veteran

Sorry guys, basically I have heard this from my suppliers over there and they tell us about all there problems, but since it has been happening for so long I do not think anyone should worry as it is not effecting us any as of now.. :")
    Proud member of the BFAM club
    Benjamin Franklin : “People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both”

Quote Originally Posted by PlanetScribbles View Post
    .......s ...
    Time to get some local manufacturing in place.
    This is true. Does anyone know id Joye Tech has considered opening a factory up in the US?? Or is anyone else working on this??

ECF Veteran

these hearsay rumors run rabid on the forums. just take them with a grain of salt. i assume they are to drum up sales lol i used to fall for them. well i did once. after that i learned my lesson. it's kind of like the "ecig to end all other ecigs is the best" posts. give it a few months and you find it's usually as temperamental as the rest of them.

for the person concerned about atty storage, they should last for years if you prime them with a few drops and park them in a dry place. that would only be to keep rust away? there are no moving parts in them. it's just a cylinder with metal and wires. nothing to go bad when not used.

the batteries, i don't know the shelf life of unused batteries. maybe keep them topped off every 6 months and they should be fine.

main thing is don't fall for every rumor as gospel in the ecig community. I've been vaping about a year and have no desire for a real cig. many have been able to quit both cigs and ecigs after about that time. for me it's become more of a relaxing/tasty thing, rather than habit any more. at least i hope so. i don't plan to vape the rest of my life and depend on suppliers for my fix forever.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran Quick1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by supervape View Post
    Sorry guys, basically I have heard this from my suppliers over there and they tell us about all there problems, but since it has been happening for so long I do not think anyone should worry as it is not effecting us any as of now.. :")
    Maybe because it's simply not true? What has "been happening for so long"?

That your suppliers have been telling you about all their problems?
    "it has been illegal in China for a long time"?
    "they have to keep moving *factories* [because it's illegal]"?
    It's illegal in Hong Kong so you said "China"? but they don't have factories in Hong Kong do they?

Why did you add on that last qualifier to your retraction? "...but since it has been happening for so long I do not think anyone should worry as it is not effecting us any as of now.."? ...as it is not effecting any of us as of now... What exactly is it that is not effecting any of us as of now? [but could be at any moment?]

Super Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by mistinthewoods View Post
    Relax Xanax, no need for a panic attack (irony?) The vaping police aren't knocking on anybody's door. If folks want to know what's going on with ecig legal issues in any given area you can keep tabs on it at this website. STOP electronic cigarette ban NOW
    Or this one. CASAA | Member Signup
    Or right here in this forum in the campaigning section.
    mistinthewoods!! (and I mean absolutely No disrespect Xanax)
    it's just that I'm reading through this thread and agreeing with others that it is irresponsible to sound off alarm bells on heresay, conjecture, etc.
    and thinking to myself, I too would panic in the face of real, factual info.
    concerning iminent bans or total product discontinuation - then I read
    mistinthewoods statement - "Relax Xanax, no need for a panic attack..." and it made me laugh. That statement is a wordsmith's/English Grammar Teacher's playground, eh?
    Last edited by D103; 05-26-2010 at 08:02 PM.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Supervape, I'm guessing you are the founder of the forum in question? (Ok I know I'm a tad slow - unlike Quick who has a very suitable name ) If so, I do think you have been irresponsible & even more so by coming on here & fueling the panic!

juicefreak is right, this sort of unfounded rumour just helps drum up panic buying.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast