PAYPAL is shutting down e-cig companies - Page 2
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree92Likes

Thread: PAYPAL is shutting down e-cig companies

Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

A lot of the larger companies in China that I order from also allow the use of paypal, but only for amounts up to $1000.00 , some only 500.00 and then you have to do a wire transfer. I think that's how they get away with using paypal.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by reverendg View Post
    A lot of the larger companies in China that I order from also allow the use of paypal, but only for amounts up to $1000.00 , some only 500.00 and then you have to do a wire transfer. I think that's how they get away with using paypal.
    Just today, I received a message from PayPal saying that they would hold all funds from my account for 21 days. I have no complaints on Ebay, have no ecig related sales, nothing that would trigger such a move. I have 100% rating on ebay, and have no disputes....yet it does not matter. I will use PayPal for NOTHING other than paying for anything that accepts it. They are NAziS. I despise them.
    "Deja Moo : The feeling you’ve heard this bull before !"

Digital Gypsy Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by sherid View Post
    Just today, I received a message from PayPal saying that they would hold all funds from my account for 21 days. I have no complaints on Ebay, have no ecig related sales, nothing that would trigger such a move. I have 100% rating on ebay, and have no disputes....yet it does not matter. I will use PayPal for NOTHING other than paying for anything that accepts it. They are NAziS. I despise them.
    One of the reasons, followed closely by their e-cig rules, that I cancelled my decade old PayPal account and told them exactly why in the comments box. They will NOT be getting any more of my money ever, even if it means I can't purchase in the classifieds section here. They do business outside of any kind of financial laws and can get away with pretty much anything they want. Try googling PayPal complaints sherid, you definitely aren't alone. I just hope they didn't "hold" too much of your money.
    Cuando and GeorgeWachsmuth like this.

Super Member ECF Veteran

I too have an issue with paypal. I got scammed out of $120 in what was supposed to be a protected transaction (that's not the right term exactly but I can't think of the proper term) and it took PayPal two months to go through the whole investigation process in which they finally ruled in my favor, and they sent me an email telling me "Congratulations, the dispute was ruled in your favor, and we are pleased to inform you that we have retrieved $0.01 of your money." One cent, one fvcking cent. They should have frozen the guys account during the slow (I'm talking DMV slow) investigation process, instead of giving him two fvcking months to empty his account.

Anyway, during this same time I had purchased something else and didn't have enough money in my account to cover it, but somehow it went through, so obviously I was given a negative balance (of $20). So I'm on the phone with PayPal about the dispute mentioned before, and I ask them...
    Me: "Well the dispute was closed in my favor, so why can't you give me my $120 and just give him a negative balance of -$120?"
    Them: "I'm sorry, but we can't do that."
    Me: "What do you mean you can't do that?? You did it to me! I'm not complaining that you did because I legitimately owe you the money, I'm just saying that I know it can be done"
    Them: "Well you see Sir, we really have no way of forcing them to pay back the money"
    Me: "So then you have no way of forcing me to pay you back? Cool. Thanks for your help then, and fvck you guys."
    [I hang up the phone]
    /End Scene

So I'm not surprised at all that they're pulling this crap with the e-cig companies; they can do whatever the hell they want to.
    Last edited by DCrist721; 01-09-2011 at 09:06 PM.
    Cuando likes this.

Super Member ECF Veteran zadane's Avatar

I've noticed the lack of suppliers using paypal, what is the list of ones that openly use paypal?

pkj
    ECF Veteran

Has anyone here heard of Dwolla?

Dwolla

I just heard about them. Fees are Zero to send money.
    25cents each transaction to receive money.

I'm finding this a little too good to be true. It is worth taking a look at.
    tmcase and wolandepiphanius like this.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Wow Paula, looks like a very nice site. I wonder if it will catch on in the classifieds. I registered but still doing some research on it. So far from what I've seen it looks legit. Maybe more people will look into it as well.

Thank you for sharing this.

Shame on you PayPal... no pal o' mine..... Gotta look into Dwolla. Thanks for that info Paula!

Forum Supplier ECF Veteran ec!gg's Avatar

Never heard of Dwolla... Do you know anyone that has ever used them?

Moved On

I've used Dwolla for a few transfers related to trading bitcoin (watch the video there for what that is..)

After I filled out a Dwolla survey last week I got an email from the communications director of Dwolla and I am going to be talking to him sometime next week. I'm prepping some questions from the bitcoin community for them, but I can also ask about ecigs.

The catch with Dwolla is that it uses ACH, so it takes more time than credit cards. My bank doesn't charge for ACH, but some crummy ones do. You can look at some places like USAA or Ally if you have a crummy bank.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast