Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
Like Tree81Likes

Thread: PAYPAL is shutting down e-cig companies

Administrator Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Buying into bitcoins is like buying into a huge pyramid scheme. Only the gullible buy into it.

I gave up PayPal some time ago when they started this crappola with firearm related (non ammo or actual guns). Hope they see more and more loss.

Senior Member Verified Member HeavenNorHell's Avatar

Does this apply to people who purchase Ecigarette-related items using paypal? Or just those selling them using paypal? I bought 100mg nic from wizardlabs using paypal, nothings come up. Though its only been two days lol
    xhozt likes this.

Previously known as eV4P3.

What ban? I live in California. My e-cig provider is in California. I have been using paypal every time I reorder e-cigs from this company online, and have done so approx every month, for over 2 years. I just did it again in April 2014. No problem. A paypal ban on purchasing e-cigs? What ban?

ECF Moderator
    CASAA Liaison Moderator
    Asst Classifieds Manager
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

It's against Paypal's Terms of Service. They're lucky they haven't been caught yet.

Senior Member Verified Member Sgt.Rock's Avatar

Way to necro an old thread. Evidently it was all bunk anyway as I've recently purchased a LOT of gear and E-Liquids with no hassle at all.
    High Tech Redneck
    Molon Labe

Ultra Member* ECF Veteran Vaslovik's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well, I've noticed in the past that PayPal was involved in some of my purchases from vape suppliers when I did not at all expect them to be. So I guess now I can't use those suppliers anymore. I've not used PayPal since 2005 for very good reasons of their misconduct, and this just validates my personal boycott of them. I'll have to go through my purchase confirmation emails and see who I can't do business with anymore.

ECF Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by andls View Post
    What ban? I live in California. My e-cig provider is in California. I have been using paypal every time I reorder e-cigs from this company online, and have done so approx every month, for over 2 years. I just did it again in April 2014. No problem. A paypal ban on purchasing e-cigs? What ban?
    Is your vendor possibly headquartered in the UK? If so, they can use PayPal. PayPal has no restrictions on foreign transactions, only domestic.

Quote Originally Posted by Katya View Post
    Is your vendor possibly headquartered in the UK? If so, they can use PayPal. PayPal has no restrictions on foreign transactions, only domestic.

Hi again Katya,

As you know I am an Australian living in a State which currently allows vendors to sell vaping equipment and supplies (with restictions confining liquids to 0% nicotine). As a purchaser, I rely heavily on Paypal for secure purchases around the world - mainly China for the eliquids containing nicotine which we are allowed to import "for personal use". However, I recently found it necessary to make a hardware purchase from a US vendor and very reluctantly provided my credit card details - but only after asking why no Paypal. He gave me the sorry story which is pretty well covered in this thread. But, whilst I sypathise about the Paypal problems here, we face a greater threat which is the complete banning of vendors who offer vaping supplies. I can understand the anger directed against Paypal but it is hardly their fault if they accept the laws in any particular country. The point is that all of us are under threat from Big Tobacco combined with the relevant authorities under the direction of centralised and/or State governments wishing to protect the huge revenues from tobacco taxes. They are the common enemy and they seem to be winning the wars which are going on all over the world. In our own case the attack, which might prove to be a death blow, has come from a court decision banning ecig vendors in the State of Western Australia. No one doubts that the decision will flow on to all other States. However, hope is still alive that we may still be allowed to import what we need for personal use. If so, Paypal will still be the payment method of choice for most people - unless there are new regulations which force them to ban ecig transactions. So people are stockpiling - and the immediate question for us is how best to store eliquids and related matters like shelf life - a different forum obviously. For anybody interested in the Australian situation there are two good threads:

Court Defeat for a Vaping Dealer in Western Australia

Its started! W.A Ban on sales

Good luck everybody.
    Katya likes this.

ECF Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I'm so sorry, Phanto...

I know vendors whose accounts have been closed when they accepted PayPal payments. They all had to switch to credit cards. Only vendors based overseas, like Liberty Flights or Totally Wicked, for example, are exempt.

This is a mess.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast