Vaping is a Mimic Act of Smoking? I don't agree!!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Vaping is a Mimic Act of Smoking? I don't agree!!!

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by cliff5550 View Post
    It absolutely mimics the actions of smoking. However, that alone is not sufficient reason to ban it.
    Exactly, agree 100%!

Quote Originally Posted by Zal42 View Post
    I actually do agree -- the similarities are too strong and not accidental. People treasure their clouds and throat hit, which they want because it's like smoking. If it was solely about nicotine delivery, then the patch works better in many ways.

That said, I don't see that it matters. I know some legislation & lobbying brings it up as if that were an additional reason that it should be banned, but I don't see how that argument fits in with a real public health issue. I think we should push back in that manner: so what if it looks like smoking? It doesn't offer anywhere near the same health risks for the vaper, and completely eliminates any problem with shs. Its appearance is irrelevant.
    I have been smoking for 28 years tried to quit several times, but nothing worked untill now. Bought my first e-ciggarett about three weeks ago havent had an analoge since that day feels so great:-)

Super Member ECF Veteran

i personally feel that e-cigs are a mimic of smoking.

but, we are in the technology age;

I think e-cigs just fits in to this new category, a new more efficient and healthier way to smoke.
    Just part of growing technology!

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vocalek View Post
    Root beer comes in brown bottles like beer. When you pour root beer into a glass it foams up like beer. We do not outlaw root beer because it looks like beer.

Smoke is not dangerous because of how it looks, smoke is dangerous because of what it is.

Root beer is not beer.
    Vapor is not smoke.
    Well there you go! Best reply I've heard yet and it's true. We've still got to live through the learning curve of those who are certain they know how we should live our lives. Eventually they'll come around, but by the time it's accepted as a good thing it will be taxed to the hilt and be very expensive. I do see a day when vaping will be allowed everywhere like cigarettes used to be.

the inhalators they sell for people who are trying to quit smoking mimic smoking every bit as much as a pv. delivers nicotine in much the same way (you inhale it) the only real differences are that there is no visible vapor and there isnt a heat source

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12