Is it illegal to vape in a car with children? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Is it illegal to vape in a car with children?

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

wow.... its crazy in the land of the free we worry if we can use a PV in a car with children . also my dad had windows up smoking with me as a child, on his lap, driving the truck, no seatbelt.... i was the airbag. Thats freedom
    LadyWeeps, ardelleg and TomCatt like this.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

I miss living in NH... "Live Free or Die"

My 0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

If you are concerned about WA, OR and CA laws you could call the State police and ask them.

BTW - If your coming down on the 5, watch out for the CA Highway Patrol right when you cross the state line from Oregon to California. They have a habit of sitting there and like to hand out spending tickets. At least they used to.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I vape all the time in the car here in Texas. I have not noticed any looks nor have been stopped by any law enforcement. Of course, being a 59 year old woman and driving a very conservative car might help. And not having children in the car with me.

However, I don't see a problem with vaping in a car with children, vaping is NOT smoking.

Can't speak for other states as some of them have really crazy laws and even crazier law enforcement, or so I hear.

And if going to CA, well, what can I say, their "powers that be" think they have a right to control EVERYTHING
    bmwjen likes this.

The Vapor Pope ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I used to feel bad vaping in my car with the kids in the back. My wife and I do, and we get the looks occasionally. We just put the ecigs down at stop lights so anyone next to us doesnt know. To date, I've not heard anyone say vaping in the car with kids is bad, and we all know it isnt smoking. I'll go with that.
    "Politics will run the world, religion will ruin it" - Vapor Pete

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Katiecat View Post
    ^^^And that's why some bad apples on a power trip love to target cars with out-of-state plates. More often than not, they have no choice but to pay, because they can't go back to the state the ticket was given in to contest it.
    That reminds me of an expensive little trip I had into a quaint town in Georgia a few years back. A quick $300 contribution to their local economy.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by zoiDman View Post
    If you are concerned about WA, OR and CA laws you could call the State police and ask them.

BTW - If your coming down on the 5, watch out for the CA Highway Patrol right when you cross the state line from Oregon to California. They have a habit of sitting there and like to hand out spending tickets. At least they used to.
    In Washington, King County included e-cigarettes in the health departments' requirement to prohibit smoking in workspaces. Likewise, in Pierce County the health department adopted a similar measure but made exceptions for 18+ and non-public workspaces. Neither county includes any sort of enforcement action on the user (just a warning or possible fine for property owners who fail to enforce the restrictions) In Oregon, SmokingEverywhere agreed to never do business in the state, and HB3014 proposes to include e-cigarettes in Oregon's Indoor Smoking ban and several other bills are sitting in committee but are not expected to be considered this year, so there . In California, Fmr. Gov. Schwarzeneggar vetoed an e-cig ban.

In a nutshell, I'm not aware of any actual laws that would stop you from vaping anywhere in California, Washington, or Oregon...though it is always wise to either ask permission or vape discretely.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingbtheone View Post
    wow.... its crazy in the land of the free we worry if we can use a PV in a car with children . also my dad had windows up smoking with me as a child, on his lap, driving the truck, no seatbelt.... i was the airbag. Thats freedom
    Yeah, I was abused as a child too. My father even pulled us up the road on our sleds with his car when it snowed. That would probably land him in court today.
    bmwjen likes this.

Captain Tightpants Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Since this is not Legislation News, I am moving it to a more appropriate forum.
    Carved upon my stone: "My body lies, yet still I roam."

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Why in the world would you care what total strangers on the highway think? I don't even care what my family or friends think. I don't go out-of-my-way to irritate people, but if they don't like what I do - they can be thankful they're not me. I feel fine.
    Lydia and SimGameIt like this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast