Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Where do you think this is all headed?

Senior Member ECF Veteran

Default Where do you think this is all headed?

With all the conflicting political interests and money to be made, or lost, depending on which camp your in....what's your best guess as to what the world will look like from the e-cig users perspective in say.... 10 years.

Limited availability with prescription only? No DIY supplies and pre filled carts only? Tobacco companies taking over the industry? Across the board ban?

What's your best guess?

And now that I've posted this....I'm thinking it might belong in general e-cig discussion lol sorry....still a noob.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Okay, I'll bite. (and not all is good new- bare with me):
    1. E-cigs will at first get banned like most combustible tobacco in public places
    2. They will be taxed like combustible tobacco in most places.
    3. Some will go back to smoking- but health conscious and those who are "sold" on the vaping idea will continue
    4. As many less expensive (but not such good quality products are out there), still e-cigs will catch on...and keep catching on
    5. Finally, there will be a public understanding that these are not as harmful as lighting up cigarettes
    6. E-cigs will be accepted in the real world as a THR product but they will remain expensive and have many absurd controls...
    7. Many will be fed up who are able to quit vaping and just quit everything....smoking too (and e-cigs helped them get there).
    8. Those who need nicotine for one reason or another will keep vaping- some will go back to smoking and die an early death.

Today is the Hay Day....Vape On while you can!!

Vaping Since 12/20/10 With No Analogs. REO 4 The Win!
    Donate to WE ARE VAPERS: www.indiegogo.com/WeAreVapers
    Join CASAA and Help Win the Fight! (it's Free!!):
    casaa.org

Ultra Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I agree with TennDave. I think we probably have the best time for vaping in the US that there will be. Right now we have lots of new devices, small businesses with innovative ideas, no extra taxes, etc. It is too irresistable for state and federal government agencies to let us be.
    rave, blondeambition3 and Mig01 like this.

Just like everything else that catches on, once we have enough ppl involved the government will want a bigger cut (see gas, cigs, booze and housing) so I would say depending on how much momentum ecigs have in north America, it is only a matter of time before they get their hands in there

I agree, I don't think they will be outright banned forever, I do think the price will go up once the powers that be are able to get their cuts, I also think other restrictions will be in place, exactly what though, who knows. I do know e-cigs aren't going to disappear.
    TennDave likes this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

I think that one of the restrictions are going to be the flavors- All the powers that be are still convinced that they need to "save the children" from the wicked and evil nicotine.

One thing I forgot to mention- there will always be the "underground" vapers... I plan to be one of them We will still have our flavors although we might not be able to buy nic juice that is already flavored. Unfortunately, this is the hay day for mom and pop shops too that are selling juice- they need to enjoy this while they can- I think their days are numbered, unfortunately.
    cags and lambodude like this.

Vaping Since 12/20/10 With No Analogs. REO 4 The Win!
    Donate to WE ARE VAPERS: www.indiegogo.com/WeAreVapers
    Join CASAA and Help Win the Fight! (it's Free!!):
    casaa.org

ECF Wiki SysOp Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

+1 to TennDave

Vaping seems to be in a 'Golden Age' right now - minimal controls, market-driven products, boutique suppliers.

Enjoy it while you can - the heavy hand of gubbmint is about to swipe!
    DIY juicer, DCT tank+Resurrector 1.7Ώ cartos+E-Power 14650 (day), Vamo (R.2) or Infinity Pro (S/N #153)+AGA-T2 RBA (eve)

for my two pence worth..... i agree it seems inevitable that laws will be introduced in favour of the government or big companies, but one ray of hope could be that vaping seems to have spread on a global scale very quickly and although uncle Sam seems to be getting hot under the collar about this, i have heard none of the same arguments in the UK.

if past history is anything to go by, the
    uk will follow suit but probably take a generation to actually get off their backsides and do anything about it!!!!

so i think you'll still be able to get all you need internationally for a long time.

(although US prices do seem ridiculously low compared to over here, so you will probably take a hit to the pocket either way)

I may be beating a dead horse here, but I have to agree with the posts ahead of this one.
    Government and big tobacco will want to get in on the action, and that will ruin everything. The flavors will be gone because SOMEONE has to think about the children!

It will become very expensive to vape in the future.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast