I was was Fired for Smoking my Ecig!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: I was was Fired for Smoking my Ecig!!

Ultra Member ECF Veteran AlexTM's Avatar

Well, he was not smoking it in the paint locker: "outside my storeroom across the passage from his small paint locker". That should make a difference. (Depending of course on what was in the paint locker, how wide that passage is, how its ventilated etc.pp.)

Vote in the polls, vapers, we need numbers!

Moved On

If I were a lawyer, which I'm not, I would point out the obvious, that their policy did not cover e-cigarettes. Since the policy did not cover e-cigarettes, and the whole matter of concern was over a lit cigarette; this would be wrongful, unless they established a policy for e-cigarettes before terminating him.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran AlexTM's Avatar

They might have a policy about anything electronic, though. That would cover PVs. We just don't have enough information here.

Vote in the polls, vapers, we need numbers!

Moved On

Good point.
    Sounds like they might have an issue with anything combustible and incinitory. Would the individual model of his e-cig would make a difference here?

Ultra Member ECF Veteran quasimod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Mosh View Post
    [...] Would the individual model of his e-cig would make a difference here?
    Nope. They all work pretty much the same. A nichrome wire that can get glowing hot.

PV Master ECF Veteran

This is a sad situation, where both sides can be understood. No, an electronic cigarette should not be used in an area of explosion danger, any more than someone would light up a tobacco cigarette. E-cigs are in court, after all, seeking to be declared a tobacco product, a cigarette. There might soon be no distinction at all - legally - between them.

Worse would be a hothead of the I-can-vape-anywhere school of thought using one on videotape while filling up a car's gas tank. You want a ban tomorrow? A spot on the evening news? Please, use great discretion on where you whip out your cigarette-lookalike and puff those clouds of smoke-like vapor.

Moved On ECF Veteran

Take him to the court, you will win.

Moved On

Quote Originally Posted by TropicalBob View Post
    This is a sad situation, where both sides can be understood. No, an electronic cigarette should not be used in an area of explosion danger, any more than someone would light up a tobacco cigarette. E-cigs are in court, after all, seeking to be declared a tobacco product, a cigarette. There might soon be no distinction at all - legally - between them.
    Not necessarily. There are a lot of tobacco products that don't involve actual smoke. Snuff, Chew, that weird Camel Snus thing. Just because it's being considered for regulation as a tobacco product, does not mean it's a cigarette. Seems to me that it's more of a pipe than anything. But I'm new at this. What do I know?

Ultra Member ECF Veteran quasimod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Koman View Post
    Take him to the court, you will win.
    Based on what?

Super Member ECF Veteran

Seems like a fairly harsh reaction to a single incident, especially since no one on either side seems to know exactly what they're dealing with. Maybe there's more to the story?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast