I was was Fired for Smoking my Ecig!! - Page 8
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: I was was Fired for Smoking my Ecig!!

NCC
    PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Lost income of 48K in less than three months? Wow, just wow. Sounds like you can afford a great attorney. Sorry about your job loss. As others have said, the atomizer does produce enough heat to vaporize PG/VG. I wouldn't fill my car's gas tank while vaping. I think highly unlikely to produce an explosion or fire ... but, why risk it?

Super Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by RebelAir View Post
    It seems to me that the case doesn't hinge on the ecig at all.
    1. He is a Union Rep
    2. He has reported the Captain several times for various infractions
    3. The captain has been repremanded by the company because of these reports.

It sounds like it may fall under the whistle-blower act.
    I have to agree with this.

I'm not sure who asked you the actual polygraph questions, but to me they sound as if they were geared to show that the Captain holds a grudge against the Union, and you also as a result of your participation in it.

The questions/answers clearly show the Captain (and the GW to a lesser degree) retaliating against you by getting you fired.

There's your defense. Run with it.
    Last edited by cobaltblue; 01-26-2011 at 06:24 AM.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheRedPill View Post
    Probably not a good idea to vape around oxygen or when gassing up, either.

TTRP
    Sorry Taketheredpill, contrary to popular belief, Oxygen is not flamable. The "Flamability Limits" (FL) of oxygen (O2) and air (N 72% + O2 21%) are roughly the same. Oxygen is nothing more than a component in combustion, A fuel for combustion so to speak. Without Oxygen or the molecular components in oxygen present, combustion cannot happen. Just FYI.

Just as a footnote to those who don't believe an e-cig can be a flammable device, I was dry burning my Bulli A2 tonight and at several points the vapour flashed into flame.

Here's a video of someone doing the same:

YouTube - Bulli-A1 Atomizer on Fire !

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by P-Dub View Post
    Sorry Taketheredpill, contrary to popular belief, Oxygen is not flamable. The "Flamability Limits" (FL) of oxygen (O2) and air (N 72% + O2 21%) are roughly the same. Oxygen is nothing more than a component in combustion, A fuel for combustion so to speak. Without Oxygen or the molecular components in oxygen present, combustion cannot happen. Just FYI.
    This is a true and indisputable (it is a large part of my job) However it is combustible and the general public can not distinguish so we allow them to say flamable to prevent overly safe feeling when using oxygen. If you smoke while wearing oxygen and a petroleum based lubricant (vaseline) the oxygen will not burn but it will help the "flame" from the ciggy or ligther grow to reach the vaseline and vaseline and flesh are flamable. NOT PRETTY. I do understand your point but a small allowance of ignorance is sometimes ok. As they say Ignorance is bliss.

Super Member ECF Veteran

As they say Ignorance is bliss
    Yes but 'they' are ignorant of the origin of the expression
    The Thomas Gray Archive : Primary Texts : Poems : "Ode on a Distant Prospect of Eton College" - University of Oxford
    Last lines.

Full Member ECF Veteran

anything on the outcome yet? I'm told we can't smoke these at work except the smoke filled ciggy lounge- it's like a pool hall with no ventilation some days!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678