Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wrote the Arkansas AG about e-cigarettes....

CASAA Activist Vaping Advocate
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

The AG was definitely a better person to contact than the Health Department. Let's just hope that the AG (or the assistant who opens the mail) doesn't get lazy and bounce it to the Health Department for their interpretation. Unfortunately that's what happened to me when I sent the Virginia AG an appeal. His assistant figured, "Let's save the boss some work and bounce this to the VDH."

Luckily one of the VA delegates has agreed to speak with the AG directly about the issue.

P.S. Gotta agree with thefisherman. I, too, am getting very cynical about government and politicians.

----
    Support CASAA -http://www.casaa.org/Donate_LKWE.html ---

2. Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Vocalek View Post
    P.S. Gotta agree with thefisherman. I, too, am getting very cynical about government and politicians.
    All it took for me to start feeling that way, was to serve this country in the military, sadly enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Vocalek View Post
    The AG was definitely a better person to contact than the Health Department. Let's just hope that the AG (or the assistant who opens the mail) doesn't get lazy and bounce it to the Health Department for their interpretation. Unfortunately that's what happened to me when I sent the Virginia AG an appeal. His assistant figured, "Let's save the boss some work and bounce this to the VDH."
    In the US military there was a period called "Don't ask, don't tell" about homosexuals, it started in 1993 and is now in the process of ending.

For vapers we are in a similar situation. Most authorities know that e-cigs are much better than tobacco, but no authority wants to take a stand for e-cigs.

If we try to force an authority to take a stand it has to take a stand against vaping. An example from Denmark. One day somebody started the first web-based shop selling e-cigs and e-liquid in Denmark. The next day all sale of e-cigs and e-liquid was made illegal in Denmark. That person forced the authorities to take a stand, and was ruined because he had invested a lot in that firm.

It took 17 years for homosexuals to get to the point when they can come out of the closet in the US military.

I think vapers are in a similar situation. "Don't ask, don't tell", will probably work for us for a number of years, while e-cigs are becoming increasingly known and accepted, and finally fully legalized. All provocations in workplaces and against authorities, will only force authorities and employers to take a stand against vaping.

What I mean is that we should let those who are qualified in how to work the system do that. Like the doctors on the tv-show "The Doctors" who have demonstrated and recommended e-cigs at least 5 times. That's how I got to know about electronic cigarettes more than two years ago, and I stopped using tobacco a week later after sending for an e-cig and testing it for two days.

The doctors can recommend e-cigs and back the recommendation up with their education and knowledge, but they cannot demand that FDA change their position.

Katherine Heigl and David Letterman can demonstrate e-cigs but end the discussion jokingly. They know how far they can go, they are professionals.

People who have good documentation or can tell about their own experiences can write to members of congress and other authorities, but don't demand an answer or ask them to take a stand on the issue.

In general, leave the communication with the authorities to people who know what they are doing and exactly how far they can go without provoking the authorities into issuing bans. Knowledge and acceptance of electronic cigarettes must slowly sink in. It will take the time it takes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12