FDA may soon propose regulation that could ban many/most e-cigarette products, eliminate many/most companies - Page 42
Page 42 of 148 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445465292142 ... LastLast
Like Tree3589Likes

Thread: FDA may soon propose regulation that could ban many/most e-cigarette products, eliminate many/most companies

Scary to me seems the complete image of this lobby´s influence. I understand anyone fighting for his interests. Why should the pharmaceutical industrie be an exeption? But the demonstrated power to influence the public worldwide, to propaganda their truth, to influence legislation worldwide at one time ... wiping away common interest ... is scary to me.
    Lisa Belle likes this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Well, if you google it, there has been some lost sales (downward trend) w/ NRT's... especially in Europe.
    The latest "bad news" for Pharma- that NRT's are basically ineffective adds pressure to bring the sales back up, including now the "longer term" use of NRT's and ousting all and everything that might get in the way of higher profits for them (including e-cigs). Here is just one such article...and I know Pharma in the U.S. is afraid of this downward trend catching on here:
    Elsevier
    Lisa Belle likes this.

Vaping Since 12/20/10 With No Analogs. REO 4 The Win!
    Join CASAA: casaa.org

Registered Supplier ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by dave8944 View Post
    I wonder, do the regulators at the FDA love their children too?
    I'm sure they do, but like the CEO's of polluting industries, they've convinced themselves that their actions won't hurt their children. They probably anticipate that their new post-government career with RJR or GSK will help their kids from having to put themselves in student loan debt for 30 years after they graduate college.

A wise man once said that no one is so immune to the truth as someone whose livelihood depends on believing a lie. It's too bad that, evidently, none of these FDA people have a kid who quit smoking with the help of e-cigs. They might be singing a different tune.
    Lisa Belle likes this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Trying to figure out how to "work the system" to get a "fair" outcome of all of this (What will a government designed to protect you actually end up doing TO you) is a lost cause before the starting pistol is fired.
    Only a realization that gov't IS force, (and we're surprised that it becomes populated by those entities who want to use force to get their way: in this case: big pharma and big tobacco?) and force is an IMMORAL way to deal with our fellow man will we be free to vape/smoke/drink/live/love/give/earn as we each see fit.
    The "smokescreen" that is the adversarial political system is just that. There ARE two "parties" in this equation:
    There are those who just want to be left alone, and there are those who JUST WON"T LEAVE THEM ALONE.
    They are going to do whatever they want to do as long as we the people agree that some guy who got the nod from a majority of the minority who voted can ever "represent" the free will inherent in each of us as individuals.
    There is a gun in the room. When and IF we can see it, rather than working JUST to make sure it isn't pointed our way at the moment, we will be free.
    Vape on.
    "If you behaved like your government, you'd be arrested."~banksy

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

What I don't get is why it is popular belief that the 'evil' Republicans are the ones behind all of the regulating/banning for this stuff. At least this thread in the OP it's Democrat this and Democrat that which are lobbying/pushing these regulations and bans. I'm sure there is bound to be some republicans behind this as well, but the democrats appear to be the front runners. I mean it makes sense, as they are typically the ones pushing for heavy regulation and bigger government.

An example from Snuscentral about the banning of free Snus related products.
    Free Snus: Where Can I Get Free Swedish Snus?

They have this picture posted, which clearly shows the Republican elephant symbol.
    tobacco-war-its-not-facsism.jpg

Also in the article they joke about how they might be able to offer free "drug" samples soon (but not Snus, no way!). Seems more fitting to have the democrat donkey in that picture instead, as they are the ones pushing so hard in California to legalize "it" but at the same time shun tobacco and make people feel like lepers if they do use tobacco (or even non-tobacco products).

Just seems so ironic to me.
    KathyD26, Lisa Belle and Beans like this.

DC2
    I'm Chucked Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

95% or more of the legislation to attack electronic cigarettes is put forth by Democrats.
    I don't care what party you are in, or what you political leanings are, but that is the undeniable reality.

Super Member ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

I am not voting Democrat, though I did my entire adult life. I am waiting to see who will represent what the people truly want, and Republican's aren't doing that either. I still want to vote, I feel it's my responsibility, even if it seems pointless in the face of money grubbing bull hit politics! I don't know day by day, what will become of my freedom(s) to use nicotine as I'd prefer and can afford. I guess a lot of us are in this boat, but if anyone hears of a political party or entity that really takes on big pharm, and the antz organizations, please clue me in.

Full Member Verified Member mspace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DC2 View Post
    95% or more of the legislation to attack electronic cigarettes is put forth by Democrats.
    I don't care what party you are in, or what you political leanings are, but that is the undeniable reality.
    Liberal progressivism usually means more government intrusion into your personal life …not less….just saying
    Lisa Belle likes this.
    Inferno / Inferno 1.5 LR / VapeMate.......still waiting for EQ part Deux
    http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c25/rrrumbler/mspace.jpg

PV Master Vaping Advocate
    ECF Veteran

Every anti e-cig bill I can think of has been introduced and sponsored by Democrats. The only pro e-cigarette bill to be introduced was by a Republican.

Being a smoke-free alternatives activist has turned me into something more like a Libertarian. (I was Democrat until all this started.)

I don't think the Democrats who push the bills are necessarily all ANTZ themselves (with the exception of Linda Rosenthal and Bill Last, who definitely are ANTZ) I just think Democrats have more of a "let's help people" attitude, so they are more easily fooled by the ANTZ lies and deceptions that all tobacco is evil and so is BT. Republicans are a weird lot - they support individual rights like guns and property ownership, but want laws dictating who can get married or a woman's rights to her own body. Since smoking bans often come under property rights issues, they fight smoking bans (or anything the Democrats want.) The 2 party system is really stupid, IMO and a major reason for all of the problems this country has.
    CJsKee, D103, Lisa Belle and 4 others like this.

Super Member ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Thank You Kristin:
    You have put into words where this country is at perfectly!