Get the word out!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: Get the word out!

Senior Member ECF Veteran pigelty's Avatar

Default Get the word out!

I'm just wondering why CASA and ECF members (ecig users) are not striving to get the idea out of how wrongful it is that all these bans are around.

I'm a New Yorker. I have never seen any clips on the news or any other media about how outraged ecig users are about these bans.

Our choice to an alternative that contains less chemicals is currently available and works for some of us. There has been all sorts of talk about these products getting banned-left and right. But it still boggles my mind to see no matter what, tobacco cigarettes are available anytime, anyplace and easier to obtain.
    rolygate, uba egar320, Uma and 2 others like this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pigelty View Post
    I'm just wondering why CASA and ECF members (ecig users) are not striving to get the idea out of how wrongful it is that all these bans are around.

I'm a New Yorker. I have never seen any clips on the news or any other media about how outraged ecig users are about these bans.

Our choice to an alternative that contains less chemicals is currently available and works for some of us. There has been all sorts of talk about these products getting banned-left and right. But it still boggles my mind to see no matter what, tobacco cigarettes are available anytime, anyplace and easier to obtain.
    Well, it's all about money...well and effort.
    Here is what I proposed: It's Time to Collect Funds and Run a Full Page Ad in USA Today or Some Place with Large Circulation.
    The good news is there is a movie in the making but it too needs funding: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...we-vapers.html
    Uma and wfx like this.

Vaping Since 12/20/10 With No Analogs. REO 4 The Win!
    Donate to WE ARE VAPERS: www.indiegogo.com/WeAreVapers
    Join CASAA and Help Win the Fight! (it's Free!!):
    casaa.org

CASAA Activist Vaping Advocate
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pigelty View Post

That's because you are looking for these stories in the wrong News sub-forum. This is the forum about the proposed legislation. The other News sub-forum is the Media and General News: Media and General News

We aren't trying to keep this a secret, m'dear. But unless you have lots of bucks to spend on advertising, you are at the mercy of reporters and editors who don't want to run a story on e-cigarettes every day. Usually there needs to be something that just happened or is about to happen (such as a vote on a proposed ban on sales or use) for a reporter to become interested.

This story in USA Today last year was good. N.Y. lawmakers aim to ban 'e-cigarettes' - USATODAY.com

But notice how it tied to a proposed bill in Albany.

The more recent New York Times article was excellent. NY Times: good article

There are more. Spend some time in the Media and General News forum.

And remember, local folks have a much better chance of getting a story done in their local media. If enough ECF members developed a relationship with a local reporter, we could have a story going every day across the country. And then there is always the Letter to the Editor. Again, a Letter to the Editor needs to tie into news in a timely manner.

Suppose the Washington Post Health section runs a story on smoking cessation. I could compose a Letter to the Editor that points out that they left out the most effective method for getting off smokes in years: the electronic vaporizer (aka "e-cigarette.) But I would need to submit that letter within a day or two of the publication of the story. No matter how great the letter is, it nearly always needs to have a tie in with some other story they published recently.
    pigelty and j0ker like this.

----
    Support CASAA -http://www.casaa.org/Donate_LKWE.html ---

Forum Manager Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I totally agree with the OP. Why isn't the CASAA President on TV? Or the other community reps for that matter. Why no big articles about it in the press? Why nothing on the radio from Placebo @CASAA for example? And what has Kristin done lately, I ask?

These people are all slackers and need to wake up. I have Liked the OP's post and urge you to do the same. It's time our community reps did something for us!
    Last edited by rolygate; 02-08-2012 at 04:55 PM.
    Forum Manager - contact
    more vapers = less oppression

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

And here is another opportunity to follow the OP's advice. Wouldn't it be great if there were a documentary film by vapers about vapers?

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...we-vapers.html

To donate to this very important project: We Are Vapers -- IndieGoGo

Also, participate in social networking opportunities.

Follow CASAA on Twitterr: CASAAmedia
    Read and post on our Facebook page: Welcome to Facebook
    Join the group created by CASAA members: Log in | Facebook

And to answer Rolygate's question: CASAA.org
    pigelty and JC Okie like this.

----

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Some people just have no sense of humor
    Uma, JC Okie and chaos-7 like this.
    Forum Manager - contact

Executive Director
    Smokefree Pennsylvania
    Vaping Advocate
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Thanks for clarifying that rolygate, as I was just about to criticize your previous posting as insulting to those of us who have volunteered our time and energy to keep e-cigarettes legal to sell and use, and to educate the public about e-cigarettes.
    JC Okie likes this.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Oh, Rolygate, I knew you were as serious as a hangnail. I am waiting for my casting call and I am ready for my close-up, Mr. Demille. (A movie line the younger folks won't recognize.)
    JC Okie likes this.

----

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Yes Elaine. I'm sure it will come. We will come up and see you sometime.

Bill - I know you have trouble with my sense of humour, but please persevere. Honestly, I need it to face the continual grind.

We have all spent a combined million hours plus on these efforts - Bill more than most, I should imagine - so it just amused me to find someone who is not aware of the huge amount of work done here. At first I was gobsmacked, as we say over here; then, I simply decided to have a bit of a giggle.

However the OP does have a point, I suppose: our work is, to certain extent, underground and behind-the-scenes. And if this is the impression one person has, there will be millions of others for whom the same applies. Perhaps it is now time that we engaged in some sort of more visible type of advocacy, since there is a penalty for being invisible. Some may feel that advertising - because this is what I am talking about - is crude, the wrong approach, or just too expensive. That may be true in part, but we ignore it at our peril. The modern world only sees what is advertised.

I for one would be keen to see a far more visible role for THR-realism advocates.
    CJsKee and pigelty like this.
    Forum Manager - contact

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I also firmly believe that your efforts, Bill, would be strengthened immeasurably by having a website, even if only of one page. There are so many reasons for this, I couldn't even begin to list them.

You simply need one page giving an outline of your work, and your contact details. I'd build it for you tomorrow if you'd let me.
    Forum Manager - contact

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast