Casper City WY drafts smoking ban, smokefreE-cigs on ban wishlist - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Casper City WY drafts smoking ban, smokefreE-cigs on ban wishlist

Ultra Member Vaping Advocate
    ECF Veteran

I feel terrible for the poor health and law enforcement officers that have to deal with people drinking non-alcoholic beer in public.

Actual investigation is so hard
    Turnip likes this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Well, that just goes to show- don't pass laws you can't enforce!

Vaping Since 12/20/10 With No Analogs. REO 4 The Win!
    Donate to WE ARE VAPERS: www.indiegogo.com/WeAreVapers
    Join CASAA and Help Win the Fight! (it's Free!!):
    casaa.org

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Btw, I looked up Smokefree Natrona County.
    They have a Facebook page: Smokefree Natrona County | Facebook
    Also more info here (if anyone wants to try to deal with these apparent ANTZ): Natrona, Wyo. stands up for smokefree workplaces (warning- they have all the typical supporters- the ALA, AHA, etc). The nice thing is, there is no mention of e-cigs on their website at all.... Yet.
    Oh, and there is also a list of city council members on their website!

Now's your chance Natrona County residents to act preemptively!!
    Last edited by TennDave; 02-16-2012 at 03:25 AM.

Vaping Since 12/20/10 With No Analogs. REO 4 The Win!
    Donate to WE ARE VAPERS: www.indiegogo.com/WeAreVapers
    Join CASAA and Help Win the Fight! (it's Free!!):
    casaa.org

I tip my hat to Kelly for responding to you. So many reporters today aren't interested in any facts which don't support the agenda which they--or their publishers--are trying to push.

As for the city council and their concern that someone might "look" like he/she is smoking and "cause confusion," that's a total red herring. How many other things can you think of that are banned by law because they look like they MIGHT constitute something illegal? Can anyone think of ANY?
    TennDave likes this.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

I live in Casper and will try to contact Kelly and talk to her. I may try to contact a couple of the city council members and tell them I don't like e-cigs to even be considered in the smoking ban. If anyone has a link to other studies that disproves the bunk coming from the Smokefree Natrona county packet page 24, let me know.

Da Catt Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Wyojoe, check out the CASAA website (CASAA.org I think it is)

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapa-tapa-tapa-tapatalk
    wyojoe likes this.

Support CASAA, I do ... Cotton Wick Wiki ... PV Web Apps
    VAMO, Saber Touch, ACDC, Puck, L-Rider Robust, iMotion, Desktop Mod
    Yo Way Yo

Senior Member* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I read this last night while I was doing my show on VapeTV. Might be the first time I've ever done an actual spit-take. Casper is my home town, I was born and raised here. I was pretty fired up last night when I read that. I wrote a very good email, offering to educate them on the benefits of ecigs and sent it to every council member and the reporter who broke the story.

Ten minutes ago I got a phone call from one of the Councilmen. He assures me that he is also a fan of electronic cigarettes and will fight to keep their inclusion out of this bill. He tells me that many things the reporter said were based on what the American Cancer Society wanted in the bill, but it will in fact be scaled back to be a better fit for our town.

I feel good about this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by wyojoe View Post
    If anyone has a link to other studies that disproves the bunk coming from the Smokefree Natrona county packet page 24, let me know.
    Wyojoe, please go to this link - where you will find a downloadable PDF that is a comprehensive and current list of all the e-cig research you need, thanks to Vocalek of CASAA: Are you going to be interviewed about E-cigarettes?
    DC2 and wyojoe like this.

In case anyone's wondering WHY I still have the SD as my sig, it's because I got my first ecig in January 2008 but still smoked for 10 months, until I got my first SD. I have other APVs, but also still love and use my SD (with a Bulli on top). I will be forever grateful to Trog for saving my life!

Senior Member ECF Veteran BoiseMike's Avatar

I was under the impression that a better fit for the state of Wyoming was not telling consenting adults what they can and can't do. I could be wrong.
    Years ago I saw a t-shirt or bumper sticker that said, "Wyoming. Where it's still legal to act like an adult." I didn't think folks there would take kindly to bans on activities like smoking. While I think it's good to fight for exemptions for e-cigs in these laws I think we really need to fight for private property rights as well. Because I'm sure that once they take care of eliminating smoking from all public places, they WILL be back for the e-cigs. And the smokers won't be defending us because we let the government walk all over them. Power-hungry nanny statists won't be happy until they have created their little Utopia where nothing offends them and all dissent is squashed.
    Quote Originally Posted by XDoctor View Post
    He tells me that many things the reporter said were based on what the American Cancer Society wanted in the bill, but it will in fact be scaled back to be a better fit for our town.

I feel good about this.
    rothenbj likes this.
    BoiseMike

Senior Member* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

As an update to this, I've been told that the Council will be putting the actual creation of this bill off until April or May.

Mike, Laramie and Cheyenne already have laws prohibiting smoking in businesses and within 10 feet of a door. Its bound to come here sometime, there isn't much that can be done to stop it.

In related news, I've decided to run for City Council.
    Last edited by XDoctor; 02-16-2012 at 10:20 PM.
    TennDave, wyojoe, TomCatt and 1 others like this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast