Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Connecticut joins the "Ban" Wagon...

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Vaporer View Post
    Hightech---it is a "Vote Generator" issue. The majority of voters do not smoke and they do not want or care about us as a minoirity, even if it will save lives. So trying to sway this politicans is difficult at best if it does not further their effort to obtain votes and get re-elected.

Sun
    But, he could also make a name for himself by being the first AG to see what is really going on here AND approve the sale/use of the PV based on it's potential! Yes... I know... you will say "long shot", but is it not worth a try?

You never know!

Full Member ECF Veteran Twisted's Avatar

Well, the write up seems to make the State Attorney General Richard Blumenthal look to be jumping the gun a bit - Kinda silly...
    Reo Grand, Reo Mini and VmodXL

ECF Guru

Quote Originally Posted by LaceyUnderall View Post
    But, he could also make a name for himself by being the first AG to see what is really going on here AND approve the sale/use of the PV based on it's potential! Yes... I know... you will say "long shot", but is it not worth a try?

You never know!
    I say that politicans go with the numbers--the long standing estabished voter's wishes. They do not risk their poll numbers on some long shot cause historically. But who knows, maybe this one is different. Begs the question as to why he jumped on the ban wagon to begin with?

Sun

Super Member ECF Veteran

There it is again! Terrible...

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
    Yup some positive parts of the article in the second half. I'm pleased that they're willing to show both the anti-smokers and actual ecig users
    I think this is the problem. I don't consider vaping to be smoking, and neither does anyone else.

What we need is for people against smoking in public, and for an improved public health, to be on our side - not be the "other side" we're fighting against.

After all. We agree with them. Its why many of us looked to PV's in the first place.

Moved On

Sent to AG..

My name is Spike XXXXXX. I am the President of the Long Island Vapers Club in New York. Our members come from New York, New Jersey and Connecticut. We are interested in meeting to provide information and answer questions about the "electronic cigarette" or personal vaporizer. We are a non-profit organization which promotes education and learning about nicotine vaporizers and educates the public on the safety and potential dangers of this device.

Information can be found on the "Info" page of our website here...
    Vaping Info

additional facts and information are here...
    PV facts

and this is a list of articles relevant to show that the levels of carcinogens found by the FDA in liquid used in this device are in lower quantity than in a Liter of EPA approved drinking water
    Studies suggesting PV safety

I can be reached for comment, questions or to arrange a meeting at this email or at XXX XXX-XXXX.

Spike XXXXXX
    President - Long Island Vapers Club
    Long Island, New York - Vapers Club
    Last edited by Spikey; 08-20-2009 at 07:52 PM.

Moved On

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Vaporer View Post
    I say that politicans go with the numbers--the long standing estabished voter's wishes. They do not risk their poll numbers on some long shot cause historically. But who knows, maybe this one is different. Begs the question as to why he jumped on the ban wagon to begin with?

Sun
    Maybe he's Cooper's "down low" friend? Hmmm... research...

I used to live in and still work in CT and I will give you all a few facts about it.

They charge you property tax on your car yearly even if it is leased, around $1300.00 a year, and they have a campaign that you should turn in you neighbor if they have out of state plates and live in the state more then a few months a year.
    It was one of the first states if not the first state to pull imminent domain to take peoples property and sell it to private investment groups.
    You can not buy beer or liquor on Sundays (this is why I moved LOL).
    They are always looking for some attention, they refuse to believe that they are just a NY suburb.

Moved On ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RenaissancePuffer View Post
    Well the good news is, there are a lot of positive comments in that article. Hopefully that will make people wonder why the government is looking at trying to ban a device that has obviously changed peoples lives so much for the better.
    That is exactly the impression I got. As more and more AGs go after these things, with the recent bill signed into law giving the FDA power to regulate cigarettes, it will be so obvious to what the government is attempting to do that even NON smokers will easily see it.

As more on the e-cig war continues, it will only expand awareness of the devices. In fact, admins, how many new members have joined here since the FDA report was issued? Quite a few from what I can see.

I live in CT... it is a weird state to live in and it is very expensive, I also sent the attorney general an email with a lot of documents attached with results of testing a lot of safe vapors... I doubt anything will happen

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast