Lets tell the American Lung Association Ecig success quiting success storys
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Lets tell the American Lung Association Ecig success quiting success storys

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Default Lets tell the American Lung Association Ecig success quiting success storys

Yes I know this is a cross-post but I think it belongs in both forums.

We can use Social Media Via Twitter and Facebook to tell the AMA our success storys in quit you can got to there Facebook page here.
    https://www.facebook.com/lungusa?ref=ts&fref=ts

Or Use this fully editable tweet to tell them how u quit smoking.

Post a Tweet on Twitter

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

I don't know if you know this but we have all tried this and they still twist things and are against e-cigs....
    There was a post about 6 months ago on the ALA Facebook page that they posted in regards to coupons being given away by Groupons for an e-cig kit and they went ballistic...this lead to about 99% lamb-lasting them and giving such stories as you ask for....but it did not good... The ALA cannot be convinced, it seems- they have to much to lose from all of the $$ they receive from big pharmaceutical companies that are going to lose profits if e-cigs replace their ineffective cessation products.... Just sayin'
    RosaJ likes this.

Vaping Since 12/20/10 With No Analogs. REO 4 The Win!
    Donate to WE ARE VAPERS: www.indiegogo.com/WeAreVapers
    Join CASAA and Help Win the Fight! (it's Free!!):
    casaa.org

ECF Veteran

I am aware of this but we need to tell them our side of the story social media is a two way street. If they want people to quit I thought they might like to hear a bunch of success stories. Or we can let them just hear from BigPharma they we speak for us if we don't speak for ourselves.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran Stubby's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thew92 View Post
    I am aware of this but we need to tell them our side of the story social media is a two way street. If they want people to quit I thought they might like to hear a bunch of success stories. Or we can let them just hear from BigPharma they we speak for us if we don't speak for ourselves.
    Oh to be young and carefree again...... those were the days.......wrapped in the romantic bliss of naivety. It was really good until reality smacked me upside the head.

The ALA and big pharma are one and the same The ALA is simply a part of the PR division, along with the ACS, AHA, Tobacco Free Kids, etc, etc.

Happy dreams
    Pay Attention

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Stubby View Post
    Oh to be young and carefree again...... those were the days.......wrapped in the romantic bliss of naivety. It was really good until reality smacked me upside the head.

The ALA and big pharma are one and the same The ALA is simply a part of the PR division, along with the ACS, AHA, Tobacco Free Kids, etc, etc.

Happy dreams

Somebody once told me that my congressman would never listen to me if I ask him to help make poker legal.

PPA Town Hall Meeting QuadJacks Live at the WSOP June 30 2012 - YouTube

DC2
    I'm Chucked Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Politicians will often listen, and the degree to which they listen is somewhat dependent on how far up the totem pole they are.

For instance, we have seen many examples of city council people listening.
    We have seen them change their minds and their votes when presented with the truth.

But as they go further up the ladder of power, they become more resistant to hearing anything that doesn't speak greenbacks.
    Or that puts their hard-earned "relationships" in jeopardy.

But the ALA is committed to their position, as they feed off the teat of Big Pharma, and our health is not their concern.
    We are just smokers, able to be sacrificed in this game that is only about money.

I'm sure we seem jaded, and perhaps even the kind that believe in conspiracy theories...
    But many of us here have been slapped upside the head with the reality of the situation over the course of years.

We are not guessing and we are not assuming.
    We KNOW what the score is because we have been watching the scoreboard for years.

This is not to say that if 1000 of us bombarded the ALA with our thoughts on the matter, something might change.
    And if anyone can succeed in rallying thousands of us to participate, I will be first in line to offer support.
    But ignorance, apathy, and/or hopelessness impedes the action of most vapers.

I have tried so many times to inform the troops, and even rally them, that I've almost given up.
    Now I save my energy, time, and bullets for things that REALLY matter, and might have a chance at having some effect.

But if you can find a way to make this work, you will most certainly become one of my heroes.
    And on this forum I have many heroes.

All of this is in no way meant to discourage you.
    In fact, it is meant to piss you off and strengthen your resolve.

When I find a cause that seems worth pursuing, I will throw all of my efforts behind it.
    I think many here feel the same way.
    Last edited by DC2; 10-30-2012 at 10:07 PM.
    Grammie, StormFinch and TennDave like this.

ECF Veteran

And if anyone can succeed in rallying thousands of us to participate, I will be first in line to offer support.
    But ignorance, apathy, and/or hopelessness impedes the action of most vapers.
    In order to get to 1000 you got to start somewhere so go on there and tell them your success story. It would take far less time doing that than writing the post you just did.

Note. I saw a ANTZ engage me on the site. At least I think it's a ANTZ could be a level.

This is in no way shape or form meant to undermine any efforts made in the passed. I see real issues here I believe in order for your voice to be heard you have to go speak. And social media is now a 2-way street. What the worse that could happen with this campaign.

All of this is in no way meant to discourage you.
    In fact, it is meant to piss you off and strengthen your resolve.
    I am aware that I am new to this fight. But the only way your going to piss me off is if you give up the fight.
    We can talk respectfully on how the fight should be taken on but I think you do agree that we need to put up a fight.

DC2
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

In order to get to 1000 you got to start somewhere so go on there and tell them your success story.
    I already did.

And if we could get 999 more people to do so, who knows?

I was encouraged that they did not delete our posts on their page.
    So at least I can say that much.

ECF Veteran

But the ALA is committed to their position, as they feed off the teat of Big Pharma, and our health is not their concern.
    We are just smokers, able to be sacrificed in this game that is only about money.
    Part of the cause is silencing your enemies when they are in the wrong and point it out to them. Now we should not go there and the them FU but tell that we quit smoking. If the engage in the conversation (unlikley) that will be outed as BigPharma shills. If they delete our comments well that shows evidence they really don't care about your Lungs. If they let them stay maybe someone who goes to their FB page might try vaping.

DC2
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Note. I saw a ANTZ engage me on the site. At least I think it's a ANTZ could be a level.
    Can you point us to it?

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast