More details and analysis of FDA's December 17 hearing - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree116Likes

Thread: More details and analysis of FDA's December 17 hearing

Thanks Everyone for this Great Info. Im so happy the FDA finally gets some well needed proper info about
    ecigs, etc. Ive been so sick and tired of hearing so many misconceptions, exaggerations and down right
    crap related to vaping.
    Im very proud of the hard work CASAA has been doing along with so many others concerned.
    Vocalek likes this.

CASAA Activist Vaping Advocate
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

So far over 200 comments have been submitted, but as of tonight, Regulations.gov has posted only 17. I was reading through some of the comments left and found that I agree with the observations made by RJR that the government should provide truthful information to the public. Regulations.gov

Link to the 17 comments posted so far: Regulations.gov
    Uma likes this.

----
    Support CASAA -http://www.casaa.org/Donate_LKWE.html ---

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Elaine, most interesting is the 120 page pdf document that RJR submitted comparing the health risks of smoking compared to smokeless tobacco products.

Vaping Since 12/20/10 With No Analogs. REO 4 The Win!
    Join CASAA: casaa.org

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Is it just me, or do all of the FDA employees' names seem fake? Like they are pseudonyms because they are so corrupt that they need to hide?
    zapped, Uma and fuzziefreakie like this.

Heres my post. More details and analysis of FDA's December 17 hearing

Hello,

I was a tobacco smoker for over 40 years. I felt terrible and coughed all the time. Cigarettes were killing me. I tried many times to quit. I didnt think I could ever do it. I used the patch, pills and cold turkey, but non of these methods worked for me. Then one day I picked up a ecig and within two weeks I had totally quit smoking! Now I vape a 2.4 nicotine juice to keep me off the cigarettes and feel so much better its totally unreal!! I no longer cough, get dizzy and feel like crap. I can now do things without getting tired in a few minutes. The ecig saved my life!!! E-cigs far out perform any and all other methods to help smokers quit cigarettes. I will continue to vape with my ecig to keep me from going back to smoking. This way x-smokers still get their nicotine, but not all the bad chemicals in smoking tobacco.
    If you look up nicotine on Wikipedia, youll find nicotine by itself to have no bad effects on the body. All in all, ecigs are way more safe than smoking.
    Please dont put restrictions on the manufacture or sale of ecigs. Do not set Nicotine amounts, as some people require higher amounts to quit as I did and still do.
    You need to remove your false and outdated info pertaining to ecigs. Call for studies before you make any direct claims.
    Please do not propose your regulation because it would ban e-cigarettes and would sharply increase the price and reduce accessibility of the products.
    Please approve ecigs as a very useful tool to aid in quitting cigarettes and a more healthy replacement to smoking. Its a better method of getting nicotine. Chantix almost killed a family member of mine!! Please listen to the people who contact you about this matter. We are the voice of people who have kicked smoking with the use of ecig products.
    I hope and pray you make the right choice.
    Last edited by Bluesrains; 01-10-2013 at 05:09 AM.
    DC2 and aikanae1 like this.

Full Member* ECF Veteran

It appears that the comment deadline was on January 2nd?

I submitted mine after that, I was under the distinct impression that it was open until the 16th.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by orson View Post

I submitted mine after that, I was under the distinct impression that it was open until the 16th.
    The original deadline was Jan 2. The FDA failed to notify Regulsations.gov that the deadline had been extended before the time expired and commenting on that document turned off automatically. The FDA had to submit a new document to continue gathering comments. The new document number is the same except for the last 4 digits which were "-0001" on the first one are "-0011" on the new one. If you navigate to the old number document, you cannot submit comments any more. If you were successful in submitting a comment after Jan 2, then you were in the right place.
    orson likes this.

----

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Does anyone know if the video for the FDA's December 17th hearing was made available? If so, would you mind providing a link...I can't seem to locate it just yet...
    Uma likes this.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Try this: It lists videos recorded by Linc Williams during the meeting.

FDA Public Hearing - December 17, 2012 - YouTube

----

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by orson View Post

Comments were originally due on Jan. 2, but the FDA extended that to Jan 16. Once comments are no longer being accepted, the "Comment Now" button is removed from the docket. So, since you were able to submit a comment, it is there. It just seems to take FDA forever to go through them and display them for public view. Last time I looked they only had 23 out of 5300+ comments showing.

----

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast