Editor of journal Tobacco Control refuses to discuss the issues - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree139Likes

Thread: Editor of journal Tobacco Control refuses to discuss the issues

PV Master ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by DC2 View Post
    And they funny thing is, they are the ones killing people.
    But hey, smokers are expendable, right?
    That appears to be the load and clear message coming from
    The FDA, ANTZ, BP, and all those Alphabet Groups
    Fiamma likes this.

PV Master Vaping Advocate
    ECF Veteran

And they funny thing is, they are the ones killing people.
    But hey, smokers are expendable, right?
    Expendable, yet still lucrative. Makes you wonder if they even buy their own claims about the cessation and death rates - they seem pretty secure with the idea that the money will keep flowing in.
    Last edited by kristin; 02-07-2013 at 08:56 PM.
    Fiamma likes this.

DC2
    I'm Chucked Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by kristin View Post
    Expendable, yet still lucrative. Make you wonder if they even buy their own claims about the cessation and death rates - they seem pretty secure with the idea that the money will keep flowing in.
    But they have a legitimate fear that WE will upset their apple cart.
    And I believe we will.

ECF Moderator
    Registered Reviewers/Bloggers Manager
    Asst. Classifieds Manager
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vocalek View Post
    Wow, seems she is really just throwing a tantrum because it didn't go her way!

CASAA Activist Vaping Advocate
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sonicdsl View Post
    Wow, seems she is really just throwing a tantrum because it didn't go her way!
    Well all she was asking for was for the FDA to refuse to follow the law that gave them the authority to regulate tobacco, and for tobacco company executives to unilaterally decide that their company is going to stop selling cigarettes. Uh-huh. That'll fly with the board of the directors and the stockholders.
    Petrodus and sonicdsl like this.

----
    Support CASAA -http://www.casaa.org/Donate_LKWE.html ---

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

But they have a legitimate fear that WE will upset their apple cart.
    And I believe we will.
    I think we already have, they missed their big chance when they lost the court case in 2009 as that allowed the vaping community to grow large enough to fight back and we are winning when we stick together. Look at the petition this time, the first one almost didn't make 5000 in time, this one made 25000 with a week to spare. That means there are more people who will write letters with facts in them and as long as the people who get them are not died in the wool ANTZ they will listen. We have to keep informing people of the studies that are out there and let our congress critters know how we feel.

DC2 likes this.
    Support CASAA http://casaa.org/

Force of Nature Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by teissenb View Post
    For the record, it is Dr. Malone.
    Don't be a cretan. She's a PhD, not an MD. PhD's were never even so bold to call themselves doctors until the past few decades. Even nowadays, the use of "Doctor" for PhD's is a courtesy not a title. For the record, Ms. Malone is perfectly correct.

If you disagree, take it up with Emily Post.

Quote Originally Posted by teissenb View Post
    There is a long history of women in science being referred to without their titles while men frequently get their titles included. I think we need to be particularly careful in this regard.
    What do you mean "we"?
    Last edited by Thucydides; 02-07-2013 at 11:52 PM.
    sonicdsl likes this.
    "We have, in fact, two kinds of morality side by side: one which we preach but do not practice, and another which we practice but seldom preach." -- Bertrand Russell

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

I would disagree with this assertion: "Public health advocates (and presumably the FDA) have a stake in saving lives." IMO, consumers have a stake in saving lives. So-called public health advocates such as Ms. Malone have a stake in insisting things be done "my way or the highway." Frankly, I'm not sure what the FDA's Center for Tobacco Products has a stake in. So far I am not convinced that it is in saving lives.
    I am shocked to see you talking about Public Health advocates and the Ms. Malone (or even the FDA) as though there was some relationship there!

American Association of Public Health Physicians
    As of April 2010, The American Association of Public Health Physicians (AAPHP) supports electronic cigarettes sales to adults "because the possibility exists to save the lives of four million of the eight million current adult American smokers who will otherwise die of a tobacco-related illness over the next twenty years." However, the AAPHP is against sales to minors.[32] The AAPHP recommends that the FDA reclassify the electronic cigarette as a tobacco product (as opposed to a drug/device combination).[33][34]

Check out American Association of Public Health Physicians - Tobacco
    “When you choose an action, you choose the consequences of that action. When you desire a consequence you had damned well better take the action that would create it.”
    Lois McMaster Bujold, Memory

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Berylanna View Post
    ...edit...]
    …careful Berylanna, you might be classified as part of the ANTZ movement saying things like that. Vocalek is just trying to smear someone because she couldn't impose her will on Malone. If you noticed, she didn't criticize Godshall for not participating in a rigged event, but she did with Malone. And I'm not fan of Malone, but I will call it like I see it...

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by mssam View Post
    …careful Berylanna, you might be classified as part of the ANTZ movement saying things like that. Vocalek is just trying to smear someone because she couldn't impose her will on Malone. If you noticed, she didn't criticize Godshall for not participating in a rigged event, but she did with Malone. And I'm not fan of Malone, but I will call it like I see it...
    I think you might need new glasses then. Facilitating communication between all involved parties, is quite different than someone editing your presentation. Though I also see nothing wrong with what Berylanna said. As adults we can agree on somethings and not on all things.
    kristin likes this.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast