obamacare and vaping? - Page 2
Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 371
Like Tree980Likes

Thread: obamacare and vaping?

  1. #11
    Moved On Verified Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    25

    Default

    A lawyer at a convention said that anything containing nicotine derived from tobacco plant is considered tobacco, at least according to the perspective of the law, and is the reason why the FDA gets to regulate the industry. Since, I'm not aware of any e-juices using nicotine derived from tomato or alternative sources (which according to the law could be viewed as a drug), you would technically have to put yes.

  2. #12
    Ultra Member ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    cookiebun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Central Ohio
    Posts
    1,224

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Penner View Post
    Thank the democrats.

    Obamacare = 100% voted for by democrats. Not one repub vote.

    Proud of yourselves? You shot yourselves in the foot.

    That Obamacare was going to penalize all nicotine users was known over a year ago (before Obamacare was passed).
    Exactly the opposite.
    I was paying nearly double a non smoker under my employer's plan at work since 2006. I got myself nicotine free so that surcharge went away. However, our plan has such high deductibles and co-insurance that I still can't afford to actually use our VERY EXPENSIVE insurance.
    Now, thanks to obamacare, my employer is offering a second option. A very CHEAP plan that meets the minimum requirements of the new law.
    I still can't afford to use my insurance but it will only cost about a third as much as it did last year. It's less than half the price what I was paying in 2006.
    I'm pretty happy with the new law. At least I'm not getting RIPPED OFF for insurance I can't actually use.

    BTW, I'm an independent. I like to make my own choices, not bow to ideology.
    Sent from work, sorry about the typos.
    Last edited by cookiebun; 10-02-2013 at 12:45 PM.

  3. #13
    Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    NakiFantaki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Las Vegas NV
    Posts
    2,730

    Default

    This whole thing seems stupid.
    How can vaping be considered smoking? It has nothing to do with tobacco.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but don't all the health problems come from the actual tobacco? Nicotine by itself does not cause COPD and the multitude of other heath problems that tobacco does. So why should we have to pay a fee? Dumb.

    Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2
    Anjaffm, Ringdell and Danoman like this.

  4. #14
    PV Master ECF Veteran Petrodus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    7,663

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Penner View Post
    Thank the democrats.

    Obamacare = 100% voted for by democrats. Not one repub vote.

    Proud of yourselves? You shot yourselves in the foot.

    That Obamacare was going to penalize all nicotine users was known over a year ago (before Obamacare was passed).
    I suggest there's more than a few ECF members
    who have scraped off their Obama bumper stickers.
    sherid, lauragal, wv2win and 14 others like this.
    So, if we lie to the government, its a Felony.
    But if they lie to us ... it's Politics.

  5. #15
    Full Member Stegle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Portland,Oregon
    Posts
    52

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Petrodus View Post
    I suggest there's more than a few ECF members
    who have scraped off their Obama bumper stickers.
    Never had one and I hope there's not many here that need to scrape one off! IMO his being elected (???) was the beginning of our end and it sure looks like it's coming to pass...again, just my opinion!!
    Last edited by Stegle; 10-02-2013 at 02:13 PM. Reason: Vaping police came to door

  6. #16
    Full Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Nashville,TN
    Posts
    75

    Default

    I guess if you are a vegetarian you still have to check the "yes" box since a lot of them contain Nicotine.


    It doesn't ask you how much Nicotine only if you use it in which you would have to reply "yes"
    Last edited by Jcdew67; 10-02-2013 at 11:46 PM.

  7. #17
    Ultra Member ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    cookiebun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Central Ohio
    Posts
    1,224

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jcdew67 View Post
    I guess if you are a vegetarian you still have to check the "yes" box since a lot of them contain Nicotine.

    You'd need to eat 28 pounds of eggplant to get the amount of nicotine in your blood that a smoker has.
    There's a 2 year old thread about that here on ECF somewhere.
    This is a topic that comes up a lot on ECF.

    Edit: Ok I found the old thread. Its 22lbs not 28:
    http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...-e-cigs-5.html

    Edit for those of you knocking Obamacare:
    I guess you don't know what it's like to walk around with a broken foot for for more than six months because you have no insurance. I guess you don't know what it's like to wear SANDALS IN JANUARY (subzero temps) because they are the only shoes that will fit over your broken foot. I guess you don't know what it's like that more than 33 years latter that I can still feel where I broke that foot as I sit here typing. I guess you don't know what it's like to have your WHOLE LIFE revolve around that FRIGGING FOOT THAT YOU BROKE 33 years ago. I have no life outside work, my foot hurts too much.
    Last edited by cookiebun; 10-04-2013 at 08:00 PM. Reason: I keep forgetting how old I actually am and what year this is.

  8. #18
    Super Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    ItTechy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Inside The Matrix
    Posts
    676

    Default

    It depends on the question!

    If the Affordable Health Care questionnaire asks if you use tobacco vs. are you a smoker that's a gotcha!

    If on the other hand as my private insurance asks, are you a smoker, then NO, even my Doc says this....
    AttyPops and Anjaffm like this.


    Ex his electi ProVarianti-videbimus lumen
    Provarianti eligit in vobis non eligere Provarianti


  9. #19
    Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Beans's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Missoula Montana
    Posts
    2,174
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cookiebun View Post
    You'd need to eat 28 pounds of eggplant to get the amount of nicotine in your blood that a smoker has.
    There's a 2 year old thread about that here on ECF somewhere.
    This is a topic that comes up a lot on ECF.

    Edit: Ok I found the old thread. Its 22lbs not 28:
    http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...-e-cigs-5.html

    Edit for those of you knocking Obamacare:
    I guess you don't know what it's like to walk around with a broken foot for for more than six months because you have no insurance. I guess you don't know what it's like to wear SANDALS IN JANUARY (subzero temps) because they are the only shoes that will fit over your broken foot. I guess you don't know what it's like that more than 23 years latter that I can still feel where I broke that foot as I sit here typing. I guess you don't know what it's like to have your WHOLE LIFE revolve around that FRIGGING FOOT THAT YOU BROKE 23 years ago. I have no life outside work, my foot hurts too much.
    Actually, there is no reason for you to walk around with a broken foot dear. The DR's and Hospitals MUST treat you for your illnesses/injuries. All you have to do is make the minimum payment of $10 every month to repay medical debt. This is the law.

    And yes, Obama care is terrible! As well as I know what it's like to not have insurance at all. It took me 6 and 1/2 years to pay off my 30 thousand dollar debt for surgery when I had no insurance. I paid every penny myself, I had no help from anyone, all the while living off minimum wage. It can be done with out the Goverment forcing us into bad insurance, people just need to take responsibility for themselves.

    Red and Black Reo Grand, Baby Black and Silver Mini, Black oo, Black IPro with M1A1 Tanks and a Black and Silver Reo Grand in my hand.

  10. #20
    PV Master ECF Veteran Petrodus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    7,663

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    Actually, there is no reason for you to walk around with a broken foot dear. The DR's and Hospitals MUST treat you for your illnesses/injuries. All you have to do is make the minimum payment of $10 every month to repay medical debt. This is the law.
    Just because small monthly payments are sometimes accepted by hospitals and doctors
    doesn't mean it's a law they have to accept tiny payment and can't come after you for the balance. Believe it Or Not.

    There's no such law requiring medical to accept $10 per month.

    Edit:
    I've been looking for the one who started the rumor it's a law they
    have to accept tiny payments and they can't do anything to you.
    The rumor a few years ago was ... "As long as you pay $5 per month ...."
    Last edited by Petrodus; 10-03-2013 at 12:16 PM. Reason: spelling correction
    Uma, AttyPops and Rickajho like this.
    So, if we lie to the government, its a Felony.
    But if they lie to us ... it's Politics.

Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks