obamacare and vaping? - Page 3
Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 371
Like Tree980Likes

Thread: obamacare and vaping?

  1. #21
    Super Member ECF Veteran pamdis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Neloish View Post
    According to the way the ACA is written they can ONLY take a penalty from your tax return. So the simple solution is to pay exactly the amount you need to in taxes and not have a return. Or defer taxes until tax season (if your responsible).
    Careful here. The penalty is CALCULATED on your tax return. The bottom line is what you either owe or get refunded. If you owe the penalty, you owe it. And don't think they won't get it from you just because there is no refund to deduct if from.

    Also, I have seen people say, "I'll just pay the $95". The penalty is $95 OR 1% of your income (not sure if gross, AGI, MAGI, etc), whichever is more. Next year it is $350 or 2.5% of your income.
    williegntx likes this.
    Life may have no meaning, or, even worse, it may have a meaning of which you disapprove.

  2. #22
    PV Master ECF Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    7,663

    Default

    There's good reasons why the IRS is the "Enforcer" of Obama Care.
    With the IRS you are guilty until proven innocent.

  3. #23
    Ultra Member ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    cookiebun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Central Ohio
    Posts
    1,224

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    Actually, there is no reason for you to walk around with a broken foot dear. The DR's and Hospitals MUST treat you for your illnesses/injuries. All you have to do is make the minimum payment of $10 every month to repay medical debt. This is the law.

    And yes, Obama care is terrible! As well as I know what it's like to not have insurance at all. It took me 6 and 1/2 years to pay off my 30 thousand dollar debt for surgery when I had no insurance. I paid every penny myself, I had no help from anyone, all the while living off minimum wage. It can be done with out the Goverment forcing us into bad insurance, people just need to take responsibility for themselves.

    Sorry but that's not what happened to me. Total hogwash.
    Also, 4 years later I broke my leg because of that frigging foot. I had a payment plan for that which I paid faithfully while they STILL TURNED THE ACCOUNT OVER TO COLLECTIONS. I went there every week and paid them a little money in a plan we both agreed to.
    Yet every month I got a hateful letter from them demanding payment in full. They turned it over to collections who harassed me for six
    months AFTER I FINISHED PAYING THEM OFF!. This was in the states of Ohio and Washington in the early 1980's.
    I don't know what state you are in but in mine there are about 20 companies operating out of a single hospital and they all want their money NOW.
    I broke my arm at work which is workers comp. One of the doctors actually billed my insurance and I got billed for 30%. That was fun getting straightened out.
    Under Obamacare I have $75 more per pay period to go into my retirement account. THAT ROCKS!

  4. #24
    Full Member Stegle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Portland,Oregon
    Posts
    52

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cookiebun View Post
    Sorry but that's not what happened to me. Total hogwash.
    Also, 4 years later I broke my leg because of that frigging foot. I had a payment plan for that which I paid faithfully while they STILL TURNED THE ACCOUNT OVER TO COLLECTIONS. I went there every week and paid them a little money in a plan we both agreed to.
    Yet every month I got a hateful letter from them demanding payment in full. They turned it over to collections who harassed me for six
    months AFTER I FINISHED PAYING THEM OFF!. This was in the states of Ohio and Washington in the early 1980's.
    I don't know what state you are in but in mine there are about 20 companies operating out of a single hospital and they all want their money NOW.
    I broke my arm at work which is workers comp. One of the doctors actually billed my insurance and I got billed for 30%. That was fun getting straightened out.
    Under Obamacare I have $75 more per pay period to go into my retirement account. THAT ROCKS!
    I will agree with you that for some people it seems like a Godsend, my brother included. But there has to be another way to help people like you and not hurt the millions of people that it will affect negatively. My insurance will be roughly an additional $300 a month and I know many who are facing much larger increases! I can't afford that so while it's good for you...you have to understand that for the majority of middle class people, it sucks big time. Can you understand that? I feel for your pain but many others will be forced to either pay all their bills each month or just some so they can also eat and put gas in their car...Do you feel me???
    Last edited by Stegle; 10-02-2013 at 11:29 PM. Reason: Dog gone auto fill

  5. #25
    Ultra Member ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    cookiebun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Central Ohio
    Posts
    1,224

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stegle View Post
    I will agree with you that for some people it seems like a Godsend, my brother included. But there has to be another way to help people like you and not hurt the millions of people that it will affect negatively. My insurance will be roughly an additional $300 a month and I know many who are facing much larger increases! I can't afford that so while it's good for you...you have to understand that for the majority of middle class people, it sucks big time. Can you understand that? I feel for your pain but many others will be forced to either pay all their bills each month or just some so they can also eat and put gas in their car...Do you feel me???
    Our health insurance rates went up drastically after they passed obamacare last year and the year before. This is the first time they've actually gone down . The only reason they went down is because they offered the the second "obamacare minimum' as a choice this year. the standard plan is still very expensive. I had to have an ultrasound last month. I fully expect my insurance to refuse to pay. Why not, they were willing to deny me antibiotics when I had pneumonia. If I'm going to get ripped off for an insurance policy I'd rather it be cheap.

    I bought my very first car when I was 49 and that's because my husband pays the rent. I've been too broke to buy a car for most of my life, let alone worry about gas.
    Last edited by cookiebun; 10-03-2013 at 01:06 AM.
    Anjaffm likes this.

  6. #26
    PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Thunderball's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Grayson, Georgia
    Posts
    3,008

    Default

    obamacare and vaping?

    When will this nightmare be over ?
    Keep Calm and Vape On !


  7. #27
    Full Member ECF Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Nashville,TN
    Posts
    80

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cookiebun View Post
    You'd need to eat 28 pounds of eggplant to get the amount of nicotine in your blood that a smoker has.
    There's a 2 year old thread about that here on ECF somewhere.
    This is a topic that comes up a lot on ECF.

    Edit: Ok I found the old thread. Its 22lbs not 28:
    http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...-e-cigs-5.html

    Edit for those of you knocking Obamacare:
    I guess you don't know what it's like to walk around with a broken foot for for more than six months because you have no insurance. I guess you don't know what it's like to wear SANDALS IN JANUARY (subzero temps) because they are the only shoes that will fit over your broken foot. I guess you don't know what it's like that more than 23 years latter that I can still feel where I broke that foot as I sit here typing. I guess you don't know what it's like to have your WHOLE LIFE revolve around that FRIGGING FOOT THAT YOU BROKE 23 years ago. I have no life outside work, my foot hurts too much.
    The ER cannot turn you away in a emergency if you do not have insurance. I am unemployed and don't have health insurance and I still don't have any with Obamacare.

  8. #28
    Full Member Stegle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Portland,Oregon
    Posts
    52

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cookiebun View Post
    Our health insurance rates went up drastically after they passed obamacare last year and the year before. This is the first time they've actually gone down . The only reason they went down is because they offered the the second "obamacare minimum' as a choice this year. the standard plan is still very expensive. I had to have an ultrasound last month. I fully expect my insurance to refuse to pay. Why not, they were willing to deny me antibiotics when I had pneumonia. If i going to get ripped off for an insurance policy I'd rather it be cheap.

    I bought my very first car when I was 49 and that's because my husband pays the rent. I've been to broke to buy a car for most of my life, let alone worry about gas.

    So are you saying that just because you're getting ripped off at a cheaper price is a good enough reason to penalize the people who make a decent wage and still will be hurt big time by something that's being forced down our throats? And are you ok with that?
    Wait until we all see the crap hit the fan if this goes into effect. Each yearly increase we have seen for years will be peanuts compared to what it will be in the future...if we even have a country left that is! I feel that a revolution is coming as many are just getting plain fed up with our country being trampled on by big government and the idea that they don't work for us anymore.

    Ok my rant is done and I wish you the best of luck!!

  9. #29
    PV Master ECF Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    7,663

    Default

    Obama Care requires all medical records digitized by 2015.

    When that happens you can just kiss any dreams of privacy good-bye
    and that doesn't even include what hackers will do with your records and identity.

    Per Obama we need to trust the government.

    You trust the government to protect and take care of you ... I don't.

    Reality is ...
    The owners of America will do as they please.

    One promise Obama has kept
    He has fundamentally changed America
    Last edited by Petrodus; 10-03-2013 at 12:09 AM.

  10. #30
    Ultra Member ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    cookiebun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Central Ohio
    Posts
    1,224

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jcdew67 View Post
    The ER cannot turn you away in a emergency if you do not have insurance. I am unemployed and don't have health insurance and I still don't have any with Obamacare.
    I am not willing to go to the doctor or the emergency room if I have no money. I do not want to have to go bankrupt just to pay for a relatively minor health issue. I only went to the hospital when I broke my leg because it turned all sorts of gruesome colors and my lower leg was as fat as my upper thigh. I don't want to be harassed by bill collectors. My sister died of cancer and she had debts of over $250,000 AFTER her insurance. She died when he sons were 15 and 20. Their dad was already dead. The lovely health care professionals tried to go after HER SONS for her bills.

    My current insurance is 70/30 with a 3700 deductible. That's when they actually pay. I got bilked $6000 for a CT Scan in 2008. I ended up paying about $2000. I've paid plenty of extra money over the years because they pad the bills of those with insurance to cover those that don't. This has been going on since the 60's. Look it up. That's why health care costs as much as it does. Yes, I am willing to pay more for mine to cover those who can't pay.
    Last edited by cookiebun; 10-03-2013 at 01:22 AM.
    Racehorse likes this.

Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks