UPDATE 6/25/14! NJ Gov. Chris Christie proposes taxing e-cigs at rate equal to $2.70/pack cigarette tax + other issues
Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast
Like Tree356Likes

Thread: UPDATE 6/25/14! NJ Gov. Chris Christie proposes taxing e-cigs at rate equal to $2.70/pack cigarette tax + other issues

Executive Director
    Smokefree Pennsylvania
    Vaping Advocate
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Default UPDATE 6/25/14! NJ Gov. Chris Christie proposes taxing e-cigs at rate equal to $2.70/pack cigarette tax + other issues

Republican New Jersey Governor Chris Christie has proposed (in his budget) taxing e-cigs at rate equal to NJ's $2.70/pack cigarette tax to punish and seize money from vapers, and to destroy Brick and Mortar sales of e-cigs in NJ.
    Gov. Christie Plans New Tax Rate for E-Cigarettes [AUDIO]

We need to mobilize lots of NJ vendors and vapers to oppose this ASAP.

Looks like Chris Christie won't be the Republican presidential candidate in 2016, as they'll never nominate someone who wants even higher taxes on e-cigs than extremist left wing Democrats.

- - -

The Senate Budget and Appropriations Committee will hold public hearings on the Fiscal Year 2015 State Budget on the following dates:

March 13, 2014 - 11:00 AM
    Paramus Council Chambers
    1 Jockish Square
    Paramus, New Jersey 07652

March 19, 2014 - 11:00 AM
    Burlington County Institute of Technology
    The Auditorium
    695 Woodlane Road
    Westampton, New Jersey 08060

Persons wishing to testify can register online (www.njleg.state.nj.us and next to "Budget Hearings," click online registration) or call the Legislative Budget and Finance Office at 609-847-3105 to register by phone. Those persons presenting written testimony are asked to provide 20 copies on the day of the hearing.

The Assembly Budget Committee will hold public hearings on the Fiscal Year 2015 State Budget on the following dates:

March 12, 2014 - 9:30 AM
    Montclair State University
    University Hall Conference Center, 7th Floor
    1 Normal Avenue
    Montclair, New Jersey 07043

March 18, 2014 - 9:30 AM
    State House Annex
    Committee Room 11, 4th Floor
    Trenton, New Jersey 08625

Persons wishing to testify can register online (www.njleg.state.nj.us and next to "Budget Hearings," click online registration) or call the Legislative Budget and Finance Office at 609-847-3105 to register by phone. Those persons presenting written testimony are asked to provide 20 copies on the day of the hearing.
    Last edited by Bill Godshall; 03-08-2014 at 12:13 AM.
    TNT, rothenbj, Lisa Belle and 8 others like this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

If only I could believe that Bill. :-(
    NorthOfAtlanta likes this.

Super Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Thanks for the post Bill. I would like to help if I can. Please advise. Thanks!
    NorthOfAtlanta and 2coils like this.

Now that I'm gone, I tell you:
    Don't smoke, whatever you do, just don't smoke.
    - Yul Brynner 1985

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

That could get expensive if they decide to consider a ml of liquid equal to 1 or 2 packs of cigarettes. Can you imagine paying $81 to $162 in taxes on a 30ml bottle?
    twgbonehead, 2coils and DrMA like this.

Executive Director
    Smokefree Pennsylvania
    Vaping Advocate
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

NJ legislators need to be told that taxing e-cigs (especially at that outrageous rate) will destroy brick and mortar e-cig retailers in NJ by giving most of their business to Internet retailers and B&M retailers located near borders of adjacent states.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran MorpheusPA's Avatar

We here in Pennsylvania would like to point out that New Jersey is a very thin state and no part is that far from the border. Just saying.

Looks like Chris Christie won't be the Republican presidential candidate in 2016, as they'll never nominate someone who wants even higher taxes on e-cigs than extremist left wing Democrats.
    I appreciate your news, Bill, but when you pull this you shoot yourself in the foot. Repeatedly. I get that you have an obvious political ax to grind, but please take it to the Outside where it belongs.
    aubergine, boog, Racehorse and 7 others like this.

My organic lawn care and gardening blog: http://thegreengreengrassofhome.blogspot.com

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

This is not good! We need to mobilize in NJ, I will visit shops this weekend!!
    VAPE PROUD!

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

The idiots in politics just don't get it. One can make their own coils/wicks and mix their own vg pg and flavoring. They will just force people to go underground and put B&Ms in NJ out of business. Their fantasy of 35million is a fallacy, they will loose the sales, business and income taxes when those B&Ms close shop. This is not tobacco or the stuff that is now legal in Colorado generating a ton of tax revenue. Plus it is safer.
    pt91, jpargana and Freedombadeaux like this.
    The Vaper by Petar K, Orion, NGPs, Piccolo, "Pyrate", GGTS, ProVaris, Precious-L
    Z-atty-G ODY Spheroid DID-mini Lines A-2TM

Senior Member ECF Veteran sammeedog's Avatar

I'm so PO'd over this. Been cigarette free since October. I'm really trying to kick this habit and than to see this crap. How many people are going to give up if this goes through. This state has gone down the toilet. This tax is pure greed. Someone needs to tax this jackass's food intake. Doesn't he have another bridge to block.
    pt91, Hulamoon, 10x sugar and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sammeedog View Post
    I'm so PO'd over this. Been cigarette free since October. I'm really trying to kick this habit and than to see this crap. How many people are going to give up if this goes through. This state has gone down the toilet. This tax is pure greed. Someone needs to tax this jackass's food intake. Doesn't he have another bridge to block.
    I think he just remembers that to be like Ted Kennedy you have to block off the bridge before you drive off it. I used to work at the West End Racket Club, West Long Branch, in the summer way back in the early '70's. Can't imagine all those folks not being able to puff a cigar let alone vape.
    ANY Pol in those days trying to pull this would have been run out of the State, if they had time to run.

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast