Gordon/Vitale Bill Would Ban Sale Of So-Called “E-Cigarettes” - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Gordon/Vitale Bill Would Ban Sale Of So-Called “E-Cigarettes”

Quote Originally Posted by sbphotog View Post
    The only thing that makes any sense to me is that big tobacco is having a fit and riding the fda (possibly bribing them too) to do away with our PV's cause they are in fear of losing money.
    BINGO!

As long as we are outside of the grasp of Big Tobacco, they will use their lobby for laws like this one.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by labrat View Post
    the epa has just issued a statement that says co2 is a pollutant and must be regulated. The nannies are winning and it sucks. And the most sad part is they actually believe the lies. I just pray we get the "right" side back in power to try and stop this rediculous chit.
    amen brother!
    Ubuntu is an African word meaning, "Slackware is too hard for me."
    jky306=>901=>510=>Anti-Fruity-Apple CHUCK=>ProdigyV2(x2)=>ProdigyV3.1 (1st gen, side logo?)
    Smoke free since 7/28/2009.
    - THE 86'd

Senior Member ECF Veteran

Lemurcat, the antis are in the pocket of Big Pharma, not the tobacco companies. Johnson and Johnson, which makes smoking cessation drugs, is headquartered in New Jersey. The e cig presents a huge threat to the drug companies' profits and, in turn, their very substantial donations to the anti-smoker groups.

It seems to me, if this law passes, they should have to prove in court the harmful properties of e cigs. Just because it "looks like smoke" or produces a vapor does not make it harmful. The whole reasoning behind bans is that CIGARETTE smoke is supposedly "hazardous" to nonsmokers. Since vapor from e cigs dissipates rapidly and only a minute portion of the cartridge's contents are exhaled, there should be no legal or logical reason for this ban. Of course, the antis know most opponents can't afford a lawsuit (unless they can find a lawyer who would do it pro bono).

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

considering matter is anything that has mass and takes up space that would include the air that we breathe 24/7 that they're banning in this bill.....

Quote Originally Posted by Storyspinr View Post
    Lemurcat, the antis are in the pocket of Big Pharma, not the tobacco companies. Johnson and Johnson, which makes smoking cessation drugs, is headquartered in New Jersey. The e cig presents a huge threat to the drug companies' profits and, in turn, their very substantial donations to the anti-smoker groups.
    They're in the pocket of both, my friend. Trust me, NJ politicians simply cannot afford to run a state campaign without funding from multiple lobbies. I've worked on enough campaigns in this state to know who's backing what.

And let's not forget tax revenue from cigarettes; the states and Feds get far too much tax money to tolerate some upstart device that is taking a lot of that money away from them.

It is always a case of follow the money. Public health is just their excuse and this ban proves it.

Quote Originally Posted by Storyspinr View Post
    And let's not forget tax revenue from cigarettes; the states and Feds get far too much tax money to tolerate some upstart device that is taking a lot of that money away from them.

It is always a case of follow the money. Public health is just their excuse and this ban proves it.
    Especially when you read the bill and come to the logical (but probably incorrect) conclusion that it also bans inhaled asthma medication.

dont breath the air, you may be breaking the law!

Full Member ECF Veteran Countryboy06bw's Avatar
    Blythewood, South Carolina, United States

acording to this law, i would have to park my 88 sierra. i guess the duel smoke stack exhaust would violate this law. i would hate for ppl to accidentally inhale some of my exhaust and get sick. I guess that means i caint take the truck clubin either...
    Currently Vapin: Thermo 6v, 510 Cartos
    Current juice: Deuce 36mg, Clove 26mg, RY4 26mg

PV Master Vaping Advocate
    ECF Veteran

Please join us in the fight against this bill! I'm not in NJ, but if one state goes down, others will follow - so this is EVERY vaper's fight!

There is a thread with an easy copy & paste of all of the senator's email addresses - please participate and protect your future! Letters, Phone Calls & Emails NEEDED for NJ

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast