e cig NJ workplace Ban...whats the big deal? - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: e cig NJ workplace Ban...whats the big deal?

Moved On

Claiming the harmlessness of second-hand vapor (when no long-term studies of the harmlessness of first-hand vapor have even yet to be done) is simply not a credible position to take in the context of imposing that second-hand vapor on others. When people have been conditioned to associate second-hand smoke with real potential harm, it is going to take more than mere reason and supposition to persuade them to believe otherwise about a visible second-hand vapor coming from a person who appears to be smoking.

There is nothing wrong, unfair, nor inappropriate about this. It is just the way it is. For now anyway. And with effortless stealth vaping being so much of a welcome improvement over the old smoke or no smoke world, I think we can afford to be patient and understanding until the facts have been verified.

Claiming non-existing rights just makes us villains ... again.

Mac
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PhiHalcyon View Post
    Claiming the harmlessness of second-hand vapor (when no long-term studies of the harmlessness of first-hand vapor have even yet to be done) is simply not a credible position to take in the context of imposing that second-hand vapor on others. When people have been conditioned to associate second-hand smoke with real potential harm, it is going to take more than mere reason and supposition to persuade them to believe otherwise about a visible second-hand vapor coming from a person who appears to be smoking.

There is nothing wrong, unfair, nor inappropriate about this. It is just the way it is. For now anyway. And with effortless stealth vaping being so much of a welcome improvement over the old smoke or no smoke world, I think we can afford to be patient and understanding until the facts have been verified.

Claiming non-existing rights just makes us villains ... again.
    Your rig must be very different from mine. When I exhale after drawing from mine the vapor is gone in seconds. It evaporates so quickly that you would have to be in kissing distance to possibly inhale even a trace amount. Whatever you are puffing on that makes a vapor so thick that someone several feet away can breathe it must be one hell of a hv mod. Where did you get it?
    I'd hate to advocate nicotine use, violence and insanity. But they've always worked for me.

Moved On

I currently use a 510 - with the only modification being the replacement of the plastic cart/mouthpiece with an o-ringed knurled nut. But, this is irrelevant. For, a vapor gone invisible is not a vapor gone.

Super Member ECF Veteran

Claiming the harmfullness of second-hand vapor (when no long-term studies of the harmfullness of first-hand vapor have even yet to be done) is simply not a credible position to take...
    I fixed your post to show you just how much your reasoning fails outside of communist China.

Not only IS it a credible position to take, but it's the ONLY position to take against people who are screwing you in the name of safety without having any evidence against your activity.

WE'RE the ones on the defense here, and our position is retaliatory.

Mac
    Blog Entries

I currently use a 510 - with the only modification being the replacement of the plastic cart/mouthpiece with an o-ringed knurled nut. But, this is irrelevant. For, a vapor gone invisible is not a vapor gone.
    So you are saying that even though I can't see it or smell it and even though it leaves zero residue on anything I do it around it is still there and that justifies this? That's a pretty tall claim. I am assuming you can cite some sort of documentation that proves the existence of this invisible, ethereal, harmful vapor??

Incidently that is not what the lawmakers are saying and you are the first person I have ever heard assert this concept. The lawmaker's excuse was They called the vapor smoke on x website. Mindbogglingly stupid is what that is. They called it smoke on a website so it's smoke. Yeah that's genius. I defy you to provide even the tiniest shred of evidence that already evaporated vapor can even be ingested nonetheless that it is harmful.
    I'd hate to advocate nicotine use, violence and insanity. But they've always worked for me.

Mac
    Blog Entries

On an added note I lived in NJ for years and saw first hand the huge toxic black clouds of smoke pumping out of exxon's chimneys. Where is the ban on that?

Moved On

Quote Originally Posted by Our House View Post
    I fixed your post to show you just how much your reasoning fails outside of communist China.

Not only IS it a credible position to take, but it's the ONLY position to take against people who are screwing you in the name of safety without having any evidence against your activity.

WE'RE the ones on the defense here, and our position is retaliatory.
    Your infralogical delusions are witless.

Moved On

Quote Originally Posted by Mac View Post
    I defy you to provide even the tiniest shred of evidence that already evaporated vapor can even be ingested nonetheless that it is harmful.
    You need evidence that the constituents of 'evaporated vapor' do not vanish into non-existence?!?

Where do you think they go? Down some worm-hole to a parallel universe?

Ultra Member ECF Veteran VictoryNotVengence's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default response to thread

If the workplace ban is passed that doesn't mean a dozen more laws will be passed to the point that PV's will be outlawed. Thats xfiles BS.

WHats the difference between my PV exhale and wearing colonge? I'm not blowing clouds of my cologne away from me torwards others.

You don't want to vape with analog smokers? Walk away from the smokers, you have the whole outdoors to go to.

To cold to vape? sit in your car.

It wouldn't be fair to my coworkers to force them to work with a distraction because I have a bad habit.

Mac
    Blog Entries

You need evidence that the constituents of 'evaporated vapor' do not vanish into non-existence?!?

Where do you think they go? Down some worm-hole to a parallel universe?
    I have seen zero evidence that what you are asserting is true. Think about this. You seem rational. With all the groups and all their thousands of dollars and tireless efforts to demonize this product why are you the first person to assert this?

We are talking about NJ here. This is one the most horribly polluted places I have ever lived. Have you ever been there? Have you seen what exxon is pumping into the local ecology? Those smokestacks pump that garbage out 24/7 A quick drive up the turnpike will reveal as much. Have you seen the black water after it rains? Took a deep whiff of what newark and elizabeth smell like?

Be honest. Do you really think that the vapor you are exhaling is harmful to the people around you? Do you actually believe that?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast