Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Congress to grant FDA approval to regulate tobacco

PV Master ECF Veteran

Nor did I. Thanks for your response -- and keep calling me out when you think I'm wrong. That's the purpose of discussion forums. The more shared views, the better informed we're likely to be.

Senior Member ECF Veteran

Another view:
    Where's the FDA regulation for mobile cellphones?

The WHO says they've got no real evidence or scientfic data about them either, but it's proven by rat studies that their ~2Watts microwave radiation is carcinogenic (brain cancer) and there's no lower limit for carcinogenic microwaves either... why not ban mobile cellphones, mobile relays and microwave ovens?
    Last edited by Taelon; 03-18-2009 at 01:40 AM.

Full Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Taelon View Post
    Another view:
    Where's the FDA regulation for mobile cellphones?
    Since cell phones are neither a food nor drug I don't know why they would have juristriction. There have been warnings issued by several cancer centers.

PV Master ECF Veteran

Correct. That thrust was off target. But then let's just blame everything on the FDA at this point ... Sincerely, cell phones are not an FDA matter. E-cigs are.

One of the things readers might do is look at the history of drug regulation and come to realize that regulators are not your friends. Regulatory agencies have always been an agency of control and oversight, keeping you in line at the behest of big money, and all "for your own good". What's the answer? I dunno, not until "the people" summon the courage to take control. One day Philip Morris will sell an e-cig with no nicotine just as Coca Cola sells it's juice without ........ Same story, different era.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456