E-cigar atomiser
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: E-cigar atomiser

  1. #1
    Super Member ECF Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    400

    Default E-cigar atomiser

    I've just changed my e-cigar body (after two-odd months it's seriously flagging and I don't manage to get a good drag on it even though I've tried cleaning it repeatedly. Shame really, but good going).

    The new body which I've ordered ages ago seems to have a hair-trigger switch. It comes on spontaneously—just lying on my desk—and the slightest tap with a bent safety pin in the hole activates it so I think that's where the problem lies.

    I've tried to fix it with bits of cardboard (doesn't work) and it occurs to me that this could be a potential fire hazard if I put down the egar without dis-engaging the battery.

    Has anyone experienced this? I'm now nervous about carrying the thing around with me, even with another body.

  2. #2
    Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    339

    Default

    Hi Denni

    Sorry to hear you are having issues there. Drop us an email at sales@e-cigs.co.uk and we'll get you up and running again in no time.


    Hope this helps?
    Smokester!

  3. #3
    Resting In Peace ECF Veteran Webby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    796

    Default

    Denni,

    We used to carry the e-cigar but found that most analog cigar smokers chew on cigars and didn't cozy up to the e-cigar (or e-pipe) like cigarette smokers did. Since they all carry the same vapor (just much more of it) the 302 met the same user vapor requirements as the e-cigar and more suppliers carry pen styles.

    I know this isn't the answer you're looking for, but if e-cigars aren't evolving as a mainstream product, the 302 may be a fallback for you.
    Michal "Webby" Douglas - Proud
    Support CASAA| The E-Cigarette Users & Suppliers Group
    The Consumer Advocates for Smoke-Free Alternatives Association

  4. #4
    Full Member ECF Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    112

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Denni View Post
    I've just changed my e-cigar body (after two-odd months it's seriously flagging and I don't manage to get a good drag on it even though I've tried cleaning it repeatedly. Shame really, but good going).

    The new body which I've ordered ages ago seems to have a hair-trigger switch. It comes on spontaneously—just lying on my desk—and the slightest tap with a bent safety pin in the hole activates it so I think that's where the problem lies.

    I've tried to fix it with bits of cardboard (doesn't work) and it occurs to me that this could be a potential fire hazard if I put down the egar without dis-engaging the battery.

    Has anyone experienced this? I'm now nervous about carrying the thing around with me, even with another body.
    Could be this old problem.
    http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...nova-pics.html

    kevin

  5. #5
    Super Member ECF Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    400

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smokester! View Post
    Hi Denni

    Sorry to hear you are having issues there. Drop us an email at sales@e-cigs.co.uk and we'll get you up and running again in no time.


    Hope this helps?
    Smokester!
    Thanks Simon, this is exceptional service since the thing is no longer covered by guarantee (it was my reserve back-up )

    This could well be from a batch which had problems.

  6. #6
    Super Member ECF Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    400

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Webby View Post
    Denni,

    We used to carry the e-cigar but found that most analog cigar smokers chew on cigars and didn't cozy up to the e-cigar (or e-pipe) like cigarette smokers did. Since they all carry the same vapor (just much more of it) the 302 met the same user vapor requirements as the e-cigar and more suppliers carry pen styles.

    I know this isn't the answer you're looking for, but if e-cigars aren't evolving as a mainstream product, the 302 may be a fallback for you.
    What is the 302? I'm not having a great deal of luck with the penstyle atomisers (even with a pass-through, although that just about works) and the batteries are complete junk. The minis perform actually better for their size (i.e. not enough) but the tiny, fiddly cartridges put me off buyng an SD or GG or Prodigy for now.

    That and the price, of course

  7. #7
    Super Member ECF Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    400

    Default

    Klum: this is just what I was looking for! It can be very difficult to find threads on this forum...

    The great news is that the cigar bodies are washable. I may succeed in resurrecting my old device

    However, this is a new cigar body without any deposits (one would hope).