Ego T and the Riva SE? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Ego T and the Riva SE?

Quote Originally Posted by pkj View Post
    JJloupe - I can not answer your question regarding the website.

But I can tell you I have the Riva SE and T-Tank system. It is awesome.
    I use my T-Tank System with my Riva SE and my ProVape-1....both are 3.7v

Tank system + 3.7v = Excellent Results

Paula
    I use only Riva and Riva SE batts from LF. It IS an awesome vape!

I do not have any eGo batts, so I tried the T-atties using my 280maH 510 batts to test it using lower voltage. The ones I have are around 3.4V and I can confirm that anything lower than 3.7V doesn't quite give me a satisfying vape.

I remember how I used to hate vaping using regular 510 atties on those batteries. Instead I used to use KR batts.

Quote Originally Posted by jjloupe View Post
    On LF website, the compatibility table says the EgoT attys have a rating of "Fair" with the Riva 510.

My question is, what is it that made it "fair" and not "good"? I want to order one to try out, but want to be sure it will work as it should. I have the Riva SE as well.
    The only problem I had using a RIVA SE batt and a tank atty was that my first tank atty was hard to screw on and I had to force it. I believe that could be due to the Riva SE cone threading having a slightly bigger overall diameter. I didn't face the same problem using my second tank atty. The lower end of the cone of the first atty has a slightly smaller diameter compared to the second atty, because the cone wall is actually thicker. The first one (although now RIP) still feels like it's scratching against the threading when I screw it on.

I didn't face these problems using my normal Riva batts. If I leave the tank atties half screwed on the Riva SE batts, they wobble much less.

I cannot check for myself due to not having an eGo batt, but I read somewhere on this forum that the draw on the Riva batts is a bit tighter than on an eGo. I noticed that the draw is even tighter using a Riva SE batt.

As a side note, what I sure noticed is that the draw using a regular 510 XL batt is that airflow, hence the draw, is much better, but that is because there's not the old (and now useless to me, since I only use tank atties) threading for the optional cone that was used with the normal 510 atties.

PV Master ECF Veteran

Keep in mind that the "intake air" has to go through the two bottom slots in the cone, past the threads, through the 4 slots at the atty connector, and then into the atomizer. If you have a Riva battery with "oversize" threads, that can restrict the airflow up to the connector.

Freaky, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Scottbee View Post
    Keep in mind that the "intake air" has to go through the two bottom slots in the cone, past the threads, through the 4 slots at the atty connector, and then into the atomizer. If you have a Riva battery with "oversize" threads, that can restrict the airflow up to the connector.

Freaky, eh?
    Yeah exactly, the (now obsolete, to me) old cone threads are just an obstruction to airflow, really! It be nice to see a version without those threads, even though it would render them "useless" to those still sticking to the old 510 atty/cone setup, unless they are ready to use them without the dummy cone.

Senior Member ECF Veteran

thanks for the info. One more question, I will order a syringe for filling tanks, will any of the 3 sizes on their site be ok?

ECF Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Any syringe will be OK, but I recommend a smaller size, like 2, 3 or 5 ml. They are easier to handle. As for the needle, if you're going to use it to fill the tanks only, go with the larger size, like 14 or 16 g. The hole in the tank is big and the large needle is easier to use.

EDIT: Oh, just to clarify, you don't need a syringe and a needle to fill up your tanks. The easiest way to fill them is to just take off the cap at the bottom of the tank and drip from your juice bottle. Then just snap it back on and you're good. I've been using the same two tanks for 6 weeks, or more, without any problems; no leaking whatsoever.
    Last edited by Katya; 03-05-2011 at 04:18 AM.

Senior Member ECF Veteran mrmack00's Avatar

I'm debating whether or not to try the Tank on my 750 Riva SE - What Atomizers and Tanks would you kind folks recommend? Also, the above thread mentions problems with the cones on the 750 Riva SE? Will the cone fit at all using a tank/atomizer combo?

FYI, I'm currently using Boge 2.0 or 1.7 Mega CCV Carto's.....

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Hi I have 2 of the Riva (SE type), 3 eGo, and many eGo-Ts and yup all me are compatible. That's one thing I love about these eGo/Rivas.. all the 510 stuff works together so it doesn't matter which part I put together with what. At times I've got oddball color combinations put together but it works great so doesn't bother me

PS I have to agree with Vanisle... I couldn't figure out what TBC was but would have known TBD. (Just my 2 cents)

Supplier Associate ECF Veteran ImYourSalt's Avatar

I like Type B tanks. I don't really care for the type A.

I also have some new 510-T atties on the way. These are likely the best atomizers I have ever used. I have been really pleased all the way around, flavor, performance, longevity, etc... Anyone who knows me, know's I'm a carto kind of guy, so that is saying a lot.

They are not Joye brand, but will be compatible with all related parts. i will have more information on these in the future.

Ty
    Liberty-Flights.com | Quality Electronic Cigarettes and E-Liquid

Moved On ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by ImYourSalt View Post
    I like Type B tanks. I don't really care for the type A.

I also have some new 510-T atties on the way. These are likely the best atomizers I have ever used. I have been really pleased all the way around, flavor, performance, longevity, etc... Anyone who knows me, know's I'm a carto kind of guy, so that is saying a lot.

They are not Joye brand, but will be compatible with all related parts. i will have more information on these in the future.

Ty
    I'm in favor of Type B as well!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234