Voltage-Wattage Settings on eVic Question
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By trichman
  • 1 Post By paddymx

Thread: Voltage-Wattage Settings on eVic Question

Ultra Member ECF Veteran trichman's Avatar

Default Voltage-Wattage Settings on eVic Question

I am confused about the settings on my eVic when it comes to wattage. I normally vape a 2.4-2.6 ohm T3 on my eVic. I am vaping fruit flavors and usually vape around 3.4ish volts. The eVic recommends 5.2 watts.

Without explaining the formulas, can someone suggest the optimal voltage and wattage settings I should use. I also use the CE5+ and the clearos are 2.4-2.6 I believe so can I assume that the settings would be the same for those?
    shattur likes this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

The optimal voltage/wattage is subjective....it is the voltage/wattage that gives you the most flavor, most throat hit, and vapor production..
    Having used variable wattage for ages, I found mine at 8.4 watts.....ya might start at your current setting and just bump it up till you find your perfect vape....
    Last edited by retird; 01-17-2013 at 04:40 PM.

Thanks retird! I will try it leaving the voltage where it is and adjusting the wattage incrementally. It is pretty amazing already at 5.2 watts. The eVic really delivers a whole lot more than my twist at 3.4v & 5.2w.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Here is a great video on the eVic

A PBusardo Review - The eVic

Great review. I learned a lot. Thanks

ECF Moderator Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    Registered Reviewer/Blogger
    ECF Veteran

In case you're interested, PBusardo also has a second eVic video taking a quick look into the new firmware upgrade: A PBusardo Video - eVic Firmware Upgrade V1.1 Quick Look - YouTube
    "Quitting smoking after you get cancer is like putting on a seatbelt after a head-on collision."

Thanks Judge. It appears there has been a firmware update I need to download so I can use Variable Wattage instead of Variable Voltage. If I set the watts where I want it, it will automatically adjust the voltage and vice versa.

This is a good PV IMO. It may not be a Provari or a Darwin but it is plenty of PV for me. I especially like the head. Phil B showed that he couldn't get a T3 to fire on it but that is all I have been using with mine and I didn't even adjust the pin. I may have to when I change T3's.

Super Member ECF Veteran paddymx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by trichman View Post
    I am confused about the settings on my eVic when it comes to wattage. I normally vape a 2.4-2.6 ohm T3 on my eVic. I am vaping fruit flavors and usually vape around 3.4ish volts. The eVic recommends 5.2 watts.

Without explaining the formulas, can someone suggest the optimal voltage and wattage settings I should use. I also use the CE5+ and the clearos are 2.4-2.6 I believe so can I assume that the settings would be the same for those?
    Power Chart via PBusardo
    Adam Beecham likes this.