M201 New Style Attys - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: M201 New Style Attys

Senior Member ECF Veteran

Default m201 atty on an eGo

Quote Originally Posted by EDO View Post
    Yeah....m201 attys don't work with 801 batteries. However, The threads of the m201 is exactly the same as the 801. 801 attys work with m201 batteries. The m201 batteries have the two small holes that 801 batteries don.t have....other wise they are same. The adapters for the m201s are 901 battery to m201/801 atty. So if you get the altsmoke adapter you will be able to use both m201 and 801 attys with 901/kr808d batteries.

Hi EDO.

Do you know what adapter would one need to use a m201 atty on an eGo if it's even possible. It's a 510 battery I think. So a 510 battery to m201/801 atty adapter? Come to think of it, the cover probably won't fit as the 201 atty is thicker than the 510 I think. HG are selling them with a 510 - 901/kr808d adapter. Sorry if this doesn't make sense but I'm still a newbie

I just love the size of the m201 cart and don't think I would ever go smaller.

EDO
    Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Fabsta...that is funny that you like the size of the m201 ...most people think penstyles are way too big. If I could find a smaller atty that was in the same league as the m201 I would go with it. I have tried all types of attys and the m201 is the best for me. Back to your question....I use the m201 attys with kr808d batteries and they work really well....with the adapter from altsmoke. With your EGO you would need the 510 to M201/801 adapter from altsmoke. If you get an adapter from another supplier make sure it is m201 compatible....many suppliers sell the 510 to 801 adapters but they won't work with the m201s. As you said I don't think the Ego cover would fit over the m201 atty. I don't have an ego so I don't know if the cover is really necessary. Hope that helps.

Thanks EDO.

I think I'll stick with my standard m201 for now. Getting an auto PT today and the 4-hole attys. I was hoping for a manual PT but we'll see how it goes with the auto.

Happy vaping....

Hi guys.

Just got the 4-hole attys and manual batts in black. So far I'm very impressed. Smoother draw and more vaour. Nice!! Definitely gonna stay with the m201. It's a great PV IMO

I also got my 4-hole attys today - in black, but my automatic batteries are white! Looks a bit strange.

Anyway, my next order will include at least one manual battery. The automatic ones are fine, but they seem to get activated by loud music. This, I noticed while I was out partying last weekend. Good thing I had some snus in my pocket.
    Last edited by adrianx; 04-08-2010 at 09:26 PM.

Senior Member ECF Veteran Doug_Dread's Avatar

Got my new design M201 last week and WOW, easy draw, tons of vapour and as long as I keep the cart topped up, the same magic taste as my old M201. The atty doesn't have that gunk in it so no more running in for a couple of days.

The easy draw is coming from the batteries, not the atty, so putting a new batt on an old atty is the same as trying an 801 batt, draw is too easy to activate the auto batts.

However, putting an old batt on the new atty works great and stiffens up the draw back to the way it was on the old M201.

The old M201 used to heat up the juice in the cart and could be vaped until the cart was empty, the new one doesn't seem to work as well, so to get the taste and vapour back, I find myself unscrewing the batt and swinging the atty/cart to get it to centrifugal-feed. This is a bit of a draw-back (excuse the pun).

Used as is though, it's great and better than the old design. The early morning coffee and vape or the after dinner vapes with a freshly topped cart, just can't be beaten.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234