M201 battery cleaning

Thread: M201 battery cleaning

Senior Member ECF Veteran Doug_Dread's Avatar

Default M201 battery cleaning

One of the downsides to the M201 is the ease with which e-liquid drains into the battery and causes it to start cutting out. A regular blow job and cleaning out with a rolled corner of a tissue, the atty and the charger should get the same treatment, plus approx' horizontal vaping and storage, usually keeps it going without any vapus interuptus.

But, I had one of my 3 batteries-in-rotation, go into cut-out mode yesterday, something they never do, even when chain vaping. Other symptoms were: Atty getting hotter than usual and the draw harder than usual. Did my clean out thing with a tissue and blow job but it still cut out. I checked it out closely with an illuminated magnifier and found it still dirty with e-liquid gunk in places that the tissue can't reach and stuck to this, lint from spare batts being carried in my pocket clogging the side holes.

Solution: Used a nail brush on the face of the battery and pushed the bristles through the side holes. Easy draw now, cooler atty and no more cut-outs...... sorted.

PS: First tried to use a steel sowing pin to ungunk the batt....... don't! Unless you want really hot fingers.

Blog Entries

Say "I blew it out" Not "Blow Job" you're killing me!

The people who invented ecigs should be given the Nobel Peace Prize.

Quote Originally Posted by rtbob View Post
    Say "I blew it out" Not "Blow Job" you're killing me!
    Is that because you don't like them, or because you do but don't get any?

Blog Entries

LOL! Appears you know exactly what your saying. Just thought you might need a bit of help with English. I promise to mind my own business and hope I did not insult you in anyway sir.

The people who invented ecigs should be given the Nobel Peace Prize.

Quote Originally Posted by rtbob View Post
    LOL! Appears you know exactly what your saying. Just thought you might need a bit of help with English. I promise to mind my own business and hope I did not insult you in anyway sir.
    He he, no, all's good mate and good luck with the the blow jobs........ on your PV batteries of course.

Super Member ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Thanks for the tip about checking the charger connector. I just started vaping instead of smoking and I quickly noticed that juice got between the battery and atty. Now, when I have to charge a battery, I stuff the corner of a napkin down into it and give it a good twist. Repeat until no juice turns up on napkin.

Anne