Thread: 401 New atty primer taste

Super Member ECF Veteran

Angry 401 New atty primer taste

Okay, I've been working on this new atty for too long now with no end in sight to the noxious primer fumes. Anyone have a solvent that actually works for this? Hot water just isn't making a dent in it. Alcohol, maybe vodka? What does everyone else do?

Super Member ECF Veteran

It shouldnt be that tuff..when you took it outa the pkg did you blow out the primer?..If so a quick burn should have made it ready to vape fine..maybe ya got a crappy atty? Never use water till bedtime..so it can dry out before reusing..

Super Member ECF Veteran

I did blow it out with canned air, pretty well too. It spent six hours in hot water that was changed every half hour, then blown out and dried at 150 degrees. Dripped some VG (very carefully, of course), got it vaping but the fumes are as bad as if I've done nothing. It's so strong, the vapor is persistent like smoke. I don't dare inhale. Reminds me of when the guts of the furnace got replaced and the service guy forgot to open the windows while he burned off the chemicals. Smelled exactly the same!

Super Member ECF Veteran

Gonna give this one bump simply because the situation remains unchanged. Has anyone tried cleaning these attys in alcohol to get rid of the new atty taste?

Edit: figured it out. This was my first attempt with VG. I just put a drop of the juice on a q tip and took a whiff. That's the bad taste. Looks like I'll be emailing the supplier of the juice, not the attys.
    Last edited by Critter Man; 06-11-2011 at 08:33 AM. Reason: Problem solved.