XL carts for the M401????
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: XL carts for the M401????

Senior Member ECF Veteran

Default XL carts for the M401????

I saw a few people mention XL carts for the M 401....Where do you get them from?? I just got my M401 and I love it!!!!!! I might be stuck with the smaller carts but I think the M 401 is better than my 901,510 and ego!!! The flavor is awesome...I wish more people would recommend them, the flavor is uncomparable.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

M401/M402/M403/M801/M702 "XL" Blank Cartridges

Don't expect a great increase in the holding capacity, however, maybe a drop more.

The M400 series and the M600 series are excellent flavorful ecigs.

Thanks for the inof. I just thought if I need to order carts I might as well try them. I wish I could find someone in the US that sells the m602 - without the 15.00 shipping and not needing a signature on delivery. I was interested in the M602 because they now have cartomizers which I think would be nice for changing flavors. Have you used both the M401 and M602?

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

M401 I'm using currently on a beginner's DIY project, and I'll need to reorder more of those attys or go with the M601 attys later for taste testing. The M601 atty is a fine product just for vaping, too. Flavor comes out well on either atty.

There are 2 other sources that I know of carrying M602 cartos which seem to be a possibly tweaked 808 construction:

Beyond Technologies Electronic Cigarettes

e cigarettes

I've ordered from the first and shipment and email reply to an inquiry was fast--no experience with the second though I may put in a trial order later. Both carry genuine Smoore products so you don't have to worry about clones.

Quote Originally Posted by ramsey2toes View Post
    Thanks for the inof. I just thought if I need to order carts I might as well try them. I wish I could find someone in the US that sells the m602 - without the 15.00 shipping and not needing a signature on delivery. I was interested in the M602 because they now have cartomizers which I think would be nice for changing flavors. Have you used both the M401 and M602?

Thanks for the information. When I did a search for the first site a program on my pc said it was a questionable site??? But you ordered and you didn't have any problems right?
    Thanks Again Good luck on your project

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I cut the poly fiber in half on my carts. I get 10 drops in the regular and 16 in the XL. YMMV. One warning. If you have a PCC the XL cartridges may not fit and allow the lid to close.

Thanks I'll have to give it a try....do you cut in half lenght or width wise?

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

In half lengthwise. I then fluff out what's left and when I put it back into the end of the inner cartridge it seems to make a nice tight plug. Not that it holds all that much more. But 2 drops is another half dozen puffs before refill.

Super Member ECF Veteran

Ramsey, Shawn at Litecigusa has the XL carts and I think also the 601s. Free ship over $15, cheep shipping for smaller orders. He uses some bubble wrap thingies to ship in. Everything arrives perfectly.

I love the XL carts. Mine hold quite a bit more juice. Someone at the forum measured and said they hold 33% more if I remember right.

Bsop, first post of my PCC/XL cart mod. Just cut a bit more tha half of the rubber caps off and the XL carts will fit in the PCC just fine. A razor knife works. Be carefull though! You need to put a reg size cart over your atty to make it fit.

Bsop and Ramsey, a guy here called Highping has 2 threads about cutting off part of the polyfill. He says 1/3 but that is for a 510. For the XL carts 1/4 might work?
    Joe
    Last edited by PapaJoe8; 06-16-2010 at 10:25 PM.

Super Member ECF Veteran

To make your atty fit in the PCC just use a reg 401 cart. Then when your ready to vape you can switch the addy to a XL cart that had the cut off rubber cap that allowed it to fit in the PCC.

I said things wrong above about the Highping cart mod! It said to try USING 1/3 to 1/4 of the filler but this discussion was about a 510 cart. I have tried both lenghts on the 401 XL carts and using 1/4 of the filler lets the cart hold more juice but is trickier to get the density just right. Using 1/3 is easier to make work. I have also tried using 1/4 w/ a straw mod combo and that works good also. If the filler is not dense enough it will fall down into the bucket but the straw keeps it from doing this. Get the plug just right and you don't need tha straw. But... that is easier said than done.

To cut the straw first use a small Qtip or stirrer straw and cut the bottom of the straw at an angle so it can breath. Now cut it to the lenght to fit below the filler. Kinda tricky but worth it when you get it just right. Lotsa juice and a great vape. :~)

Now I have my eye on one of those 601/2s w/ a XL cart.
    Joe

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast