Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By six

Thread: Smoke Tech Black Ego Battery won't charge?!?!?!

Angry Smoke Tech Black Ego Battery won't charge?!?!?!

I received my ego batteries in the mail yesterday and I quickly went to my usb ego charger.

I screwed the first one on and the light was still green so I screwed on the second one, same thing. Thought ok.....they may be charged?? Put on my atty and NOTHING. WTH??

So now I have two batteries that don't charge and don't work on any of my ego products. I am sooooo confused and flustered!!!!!

Anyone have the same problem or is it just me??

forgot to mention that these batteries did come from Madvapes.

Super Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

it could be that the lip needs to be sanded down in order for it to make contact with the charger. read the reviews on madvape's site for more info.
    Last edited by Shizzle; 05-15-2011 at 03:23 PM.

Super Member ECF Veteran

Don't sand anything just yet! You need to open a ticket and let the crew at MadVapes deal with it. Obviously, something is wrong and it should be covered under warranty.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran dale1962's Avatar

Will your manual switch blink at all when connecting it to charger the reason I ask is when 1st got mine I had to screw it in about all the way and kinda wiggle it then got connection.

Super Member ECF Veteran

I LOVE my Smok Tech Ego clone batts....

BUT this is what I have discovered....

I MUST use the charger that CAME with the Smok Tech Ego clone batts.

So far everything is great. I use the charger that came with my KIT as apposed to any other Ego charger that I may have already have on hand.

Please, if you use the "Smok Tech" Ego clone batts, do yourself a favor and USE the charger that comes with them. Do not "try" to use your Joyetech Ego charger. Please if you dont already have the appropriate charger contact Madvapes and ask for assistance.

The folks there will be more than happy to assist you! They are a GREAT bunch of people!
    Last edited by lilfarmtruck; 05-16-2011 at 04:56 AM.

PV Master ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

pick up a battery extender or a shorty extender. They sell both for under 10$. It will let you use your other ego chargers! Woot! Another customer buys my kit design! (I dont work for them, but I asked for that kit with the ST ego batts before they had it, and 3 days later...bang...there it was on the site!)

six
    PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

My sister gave me a gold one of these from madvapes just today because she couldn't charge it with her ego charger and it wouldn't make a connection with the smoke tech attys. I lifted the center post a little bit with a pair of forceps. I'm charging it right this moment with my ego charger. The threads are a little deeper than a standard ego, but I would recommend against sanding the neck down. 510 stuff gets its air from two little holes in hte atty or carto just above the threads. Then the air comes through the notches at the top of the threaded neck. Sanding that down would remove the notches.

So, the solution is raise the center post just a little bit with some tweezers, a forceps, or maybe a very small flat blade screwdriver (if you can get a little leverage). It doesn't need to move much, just a little bit.

I didn't bring my truck home today, so my multimeters are all at work, but I'm pretty sure these are unregulated. Judging by the difference in vapor between this batt and a regular ego batt with an ego mega atty, I'm sure this puts out more than 3.2v. The switch acts the same, though. When you release the button, it keeps firing for half a second or so afterwards just like an ego.
    kokamojo likes this.
    酔って取得することができます