Roughstack not working - Page 2
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Roughstack not working

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Ordered mine 2 months ago and just had to send it back to be fixed. the plastic straw looked half melted or deteriorated or something. they are also replacing the switch. feeling sketched about it's reliability and longevity ...

Just recived a reply to my tick about my roughstack not working. They are sending a replacement. Hope your problem gets resolved just as fast. It's already been shipped.

Forum Supplier ECF Veteran hoogie76's Avatar

Sorry folks, what the problem is is on the center contact of the top cap there is supposed to be a bit of solder to make contact with the battery top post. Some of these went out without the solder and it appears to be an issue with trying to make a good contact to the battery.. Really apologize for the problems and will get them resolved asap..

hoog

Thanks Hoog, really appreciate how fast this is getting resolved. One of the reasones I chose a RoughStack is because I hear you are really good and fast the customer service, love that you guys stand behind your products. Looking forward to many more dealings.

Full Member ECF Veteran

Thanks for the update and fast service. I can't wait!

Senior Member ECF Veteran MJBinNM's Avatar

I happened upon an accidental improvement to replace the piece of straw. I have some of these Easy Brush Cleaners around. They have a hard plastic cap on them that has a hole in the end. I cut about 1/4" off the end of the cap, enlarged the hole in the end just a little to fit the center pin and it fits tightly into the back side of the connector. I didn't have to glue it or anything and it stays in place.

My RS has a KR-808/901 connector, so I can't verify if this will work with a 510 connector, but they are about the same size.

The brushes work good for cleaning the center tube and coils on you CE2s also.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

MJBinNM,
    TY for the tip with the Easy Brush Cleaners.I'm gonna try that when I get a chance.

Russ

Full Member ECF Veteran

New Roughstack received! Thanks for the fast turnaround! The best part is - it works!

Next month I'm gonna invest in some more batteries so I can go 6 volt. Can't wait!

Lucky you, mine was sent on Wednesday but never left Cornelius, NC. I'm so upset I was hoping it would have been here by today, It was my father's day gift. Not Hoog's or MadVapes fault, but just a bad experience so far and now I don't even know when it will come in.

six
    PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by backer View Post
    Lucky you, mine was sent on Wednesday but never left Cornelius, NC.
    USPS doesn't do a very good job with tracking. Their system isn't anything like UPS or FedEx.
    Sometimes technology is a step backwards. Example: So, you can type 105 wpm? I can more than double that with a pencil and Gregg shorthand.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast